Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 597 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by accidental
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should we bring back the thumbs down feature?”

• Yes get it back the way it was! 185 votes
      71%
    • Yes, but make it anonymous! 24 votes
      9%
    • No, good riddance! 51 votes
      20%

(260 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpg
    FC.png
    Banner.png
    image.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-11-13_at_18.58.38.png
    thumb-fiction-660x371.jpg
    Hansoloprofilethumb-660x833.jpg
    Zissou_thumb-660x284.jpg
    Determinedator-660x371.jpg
    spck-thumb-nicholas-C-660x504.png
    The-Mates-Rix-660x348.jpg
    index.jpg
    thumbs_up_2.jpg
    image.jpeg
    thumb_down.jpg
    family_stuff.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vacfink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 8 years ago

Error for thumbs up when not logged in states I can't thumbs up my own post. Confusing.
    Unable to highlight part of a post and automatically add to reply,
    " button doesn't seem to work either (Firefox 41.0.2, Windows 8.something)

Here are my initial thoughts, with a caveat. Opinions are like.... everyone's got one, most of them stink

Progress is both exciting and painful. I hope the monitization works well. I don't disagree with charges for selling, but its seems overly conditional.

Question: I don't see any mention of charges for parts sales either? Will those be as complicated? EM vs SS? Repairable vs NOS? It makes for interesting data on the back end but not very predictable for both seller and buyer.

Recommendation: If there are charges, I'd like to see payment buyer/seller processing available, to simplify the split. A trade option would be nice, that's a big part of pinball ownership and in most cases cash is involved, but not the same as a sale. (Non-equal trades)

Opinion: Adds and charges in the same area seems like a double dip. I'm now paying to browse (viewing adds/cost in time) and paying when I buy, and paying when I sell. I'd like an add free option, maybe even a fee free option (based on support level)

Request: I would have like to see introduction of new features that are in demand, and a buying selling experience that's improved in a way that justifies the charges.

Suggestion - charge for mobile app. I'd pay, but then I'm supporting those enhancements and setting priorities with my payment.

Request: If you have stats that show most seller's aren't already paying supporters, that might be useful to share, same too if you have stats that show market browsers aren't contributors as well. As a contributor, it feels like I'm getting taxed.

Opinion: I'm not quite sure about the new rating's feature, it is also very confusing. I wasn't a fan of thumbs down and these may solve that, but would be more interested in other features.

Opinion: The smiley faces seem to evoke a wider range than thumbs up or down (visually) however as you mouse over its clear that they have entirely different meanings. Long term it seems likely to be confused and misread as much as thumbs down was before.

Opinion/Suggestion: I would prefer OT be OT not frowny face. It presumes I'm unhappy with the OT and that's the only reason to be upset with a post. Its not clear how many OT's will move a thread or post? Can a OT be disputed? If so by who (Poster/OP?) Would be better if that were only available for the thread owner or moderator. I don't like the idea of my topics getting limited by readers, when my intent maybe to have an open and evolving discussion. I don't see how that can happen here.

Opinion: As for the rest of the smiley faces, star, and thumbs, its beyond me to equate those symbols with their meaning or understand the nuances of their differences. they all seem to do roughly the same thing with minuscule differences. If I had to suggest a change to improve it, pick a way to rate a post on a scale, then only display the result.

Request/Opinion: I already greatly miss already the ability to see who's up and down posted, now I can no longer tell like minds and easily see those I don't want to follow (or ignore). I have to admit that's a genuine loss to me. It helped me build community of people I knew were similar and I could PM or trust their feedback if when when they disagreed. That insight is lost. I also feel like anonymous anything promotes poor irresponsible behavior online, and do not look forward to the abuse that is now more likely to occur.

Opinion: I've been through a few monitizations of places I visit. Some I still support, some I abandoned. Its always a surprise that in none of those cases did they first approach the community and ask, if you were to pay, what do you want? Now that you are asking me to pay, it seems about what you want which isn't exactly unfair, but as a retention model, maybe not as prudent. Its not intended as a criticism but as a point of consideration. I'm on board to pay however I think it completely transforms the expectations of those who stay. A customer/consumer and supporter are very different animals and don't eat from the same trough. I would also add that customers/consumers may not make a community as well as supporters.

Fact: This is still a site I love and will continue to support.

#295 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

This might be a good moment to share that we are currently contemplating adding “Premium” Pinside accounts.

The $50 price point is spot on, its what I spend to support other sites and would think twice about buying in, paypal preferred.

I would like to see improvements to the market place. Maybe templates for adds with thumbs, option to search the market place by MFG, Price point, condition, etc. Make it sexy so it can support that heavy lifting the adds and fees require, and please allow links to other listings including ebay to support no reserve auction prices. I could imagine you can pull the sold auction price back into pinside for the fee management when necessary.

#367 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/view/user-favorited

I've used this as my bookmark for some time, but now get an error saying unavailable unless I'm logged in, before it routed me to my login and allowed me to log in.

2 weeks later
    #585 8 years ago

Not sure why, but it has a creepy vibe and no longer feels like part of the community. I don't like the door locked mentality, it really upsets the balance of the entire thing IMO. I'd like to see parent controls by ID or age if the idea is to to discourage some from viewing/posting. The name probably does just as much drive off participation as does the permissions steps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vacfink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-update-november-2015?tu=vacfink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.