Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 597 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by accidental
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should we bring back the thumbs down feature?”

• Yes get it back the way it was! 185 votes
      71%
    • Yes, but make it anonymous! 24 votes
      9%
    • No, good riddance! 51 votes
      20%

(260 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpg
    FC.png
    Banner.png
    image.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-11-13_at_18.58.38.png
    thumb-fiction-660x371.jpg
    Hansoloprofilethumb-660x833.jpg
    Zissou_thumb-660x284.jpg
    Determinedator-660x371.jpg
    spck-thumb-nicholas-C-660x504.png
    The-Mates-Rix-660x348.jpg
    index.jpg
    thumbs_up_2.jpg
    image.jpeg
    thumb_down.jpg
    family_stuff.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#265 8 years ago

Just a few comments:

1. I like the new location of the "thumbs up". If I'm reading a long post, it's more logical that I give feedback at the END of that post, instead of scrolling back up.

2. The Forum Activity "Topics Closed" includes archived ads. I'm not sure this was intended. For example, here's my 1 topic that was closed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-andromeda-game-plan-1985#post-2364139

3. I think the smilies are okay, but in honor of RobT let's include this guy too:

#298 8 years ago

Good riddance to "karma", which was silly IMHO. Post count is just fine. If I want to actually do a deal with someone, I'll snoop on their recent posts to make sure they're not crazy.

#319 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Does anyone know why RobT resigned his membership to Pinside?

Pinside ran out of these:

#341 8 years ago

I would need at LEAST $150,000 a year to do this job.

#430 8 years ago

I'm arming myself with GIFs to respond to opinions that I disagree with.

tumblr_inline_nczwnul02U1qf6i04.giftumblr_inline_nczwnul02U1qf6i04.gif

thumbs-down-hot-girl.pngthumbs-down-hot-girl.png

nice-opinion.pngnice-opinion.png

#447 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I haven't seen a post from Robin in days. I don't really see any evidence of him being around any more than before.

Mr. Google never posted in Google Groups (RGP) either. Or his slacker predecessor, Mr. Usenet.

#449 8 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

How about the long requested app for mobile devices?

Have you tried the mobile website lately? It rocks! What more could you possibly want?

#475 8 years ago

We love you Robin, seriously. Don't let us Pinsiders get you down. This is the best pinball site ever, bar none.

#495 8 years ago

I may be in the minority, but I value the negative feedback I occasionally get (usually when posting while drinking). I don't need 8 different people telling me I'm being a jerk; 8 thumbs down sends a strong enough message.

I like the idea of letting people opt out of the thumbs-down feature. Seems like a good compromise.

#534 8 years ago

I would love to be able to disable the pop-up banner that tells me I've just upvoted a post. I'm not sure why it was added - seeing the number go up was plenty of feedback for me.

#551 8 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 18.58.38.png
    I felt the same and then discovered you can uncheck the box at the bottom of the pop-up.
    This has got the be the most customisable website on the internet!
    Thanks Robin!

I mean the banner down at the bottom of the screen that you see when you upvote directly:

Banner.pngBanner.png

1 week later
    #584 8 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Just get rid of OT all together since nobody sees them now, a total waste of bandwidth.

If nobody sees (looks at) posts in the basement, then it's impossible for it to be a "waste of bandwidth". It just won't use any. Would you like me to give you 10 examples of "wastes of bandwidth" that are not in the basement?

#587 8 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

It uses it for the initial post then wastes more if pics are posted. Total waste if nobody looks at any of it.

I don't think you understand what bandwidth is. If I post a 20k picture and 100 people look at it, that's 2MB of bandwidth. If "nobody" looks at it, it uses NO downstream bandwidth.

#589 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Only problem I have with the basement is it has become very hard to locate some of those fun threads from the past that are now buried there and don't come up on any searches. Dead and buried they are. Perhaps that's where they belong.

Aw, bummer if that's true. I wish we could bury some of these on-topic threads.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-update-november-2015?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.