Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 597 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by accidental
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should we bring back the thumbs down feature?”

• Yes get it back the way it was! 185 votes
      71%
    • Yes, but make it anonymous! 24 votes
      9%
    • No, good riddance! 51 votes
      20%

(260 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpg
    FC.png
    Banner.png
    image.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-11-13_at_18.58.38.png
    thumb-fiction-660x371.jpg
    Hansoloprofilethumb-660x833.jpg
    Zissou_thumb-660x284.jpg
    Determinedator-660x371.jpg
    spck-thumb-nicholas-C-660x504.png
    The-Mates-Rix-660x348.jpg
    index.jpg
    thumbs_up_2.jpg
    image.jpeg
    thumb_down.jpg
    family_stuff.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#241 8 years ago

At this point I think paying for features on a site is something I would dislike very much, but I suppose it depends on what the features are. They should not be something that the average user should ever care about, especially for that price. Making the site functional isn't something I should have to pay for.

#246 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

To be clear: I'm thinking about features that enrich the Pinside experience, but that are not necessary to enjoy Pinside.
    For example, thing like UI theming, premium profile tweaks, PM attachments, topic/post notifications, tools like a scorecard generator, invite-only threads, marketwatch notifications, vip lounge etc etc - I bet there's plenty more and better ideas floating around. If/when I would announce premium accounts officially I would definitely open a thread to ask people for ideas. If you have them now, feel free to share them here!

Premium features should be enhanced basic features. For example, everyone should be able to send images via PM. A standard user can only send 2MB worth of attachments and a premium user can send 100MB (or probably less).

Marketwatch seems like a good premium feature.

VIP lounge content will end up getting posted to regular threads (see all the posts Jack makes in the JJP forum that immediately gets posted here) and would feel to me more like I'm being excluded from something rather than paying to be a part of something. Nobody wants to pay for friends.

#336 8 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Agree as a $50 a year subscription is about right. I'm not going to pay $ for a WTB or to sell a pin on here, but at $50 premium membership that allows me to support pinside and buy and sell games, I have no problem with as I want to be a premium member with a cool icon that tells everyone I'm a member.
    You can have $50 for me for this luxury. Otherwise, I will be buying and selling games elsewhere.

My wife would kill me if she saw I spent $50 to browse a website she already says I'm on way too often.

I think taking a couple dollars from sellers as a thank you for an avenue to sell a game makes perfect sense. Every seller should be thanking pinside. If I ever sell a game here, I'd be happy to do so.

#345 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'd be in favor of this kind of advertising:
    A banner spot at the top of the page. A custom size, designed to fit nicely on the page. Maybe the width of the page under the nav, but not too tall, a horizontal banner.
    The banner would be a static image, hosted by Pinside. No tracking scripts, no external servers, just an honor system. No animation or blinking or sounds.
    If you want to advertise you pay to add your image to the rotation, paying by the bundle of views you get.
    Honestly that would be win-win I think. People want to know about sales, about new products, about services, about mods, etc. Advertisers want to drum up business. And new users don't know about Pinball Life, or Marcos, or Titan bands, or Mezel, etc. They'd be smart to advertise.
    I wouldn't mind that at all, I might see something that's helpful.

This. Google ad crap gets AdBlocked, relevant and interesting locally hosted ads are in.

1 week later
    #573 8 years ago

Any chance we can get the image upload box to wait until the text box is selected before loading on mobile? Having the page jump when you're trying to scroll to the bottom and use the "Jump to top" link is really annoying.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-update-november-2015?tu=aobrien5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.