Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 597 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by accidental
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should we bring back the thumbs down feature?”

• Yes get it back the way it was! 185 votes
      71%
    • Yes, but make it anonymous! 24 votes
      9%
    • No, good riddance! 51 votes
      20%

(260 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpg
    FC.png
    Banner.png
    image.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-11-13_at_18.58.38.png
    thumb-fiction-660x371.jpg
    Hansoloprofilethumb-660x833.jpg
    Zissou_thumb-660x284.jpg
    Determinedator-660x371.jpg
    spck-thumb-nicholas-C-660x504.png
    The-Mates-Rix-660x348.jpg
    index.jpg
    thumbs_up_2.jpg
    image.jpeg
    thumb_down.jpg
    family_stuff.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 8 years ago

I don't buy or sell machines, so I don't have a preference on the new fees. However, if there is indeed a fee for forum topics now, are they just for machines? I sell parts on this site quite often and always sell things quickly and easily because of the forum threads. I have also donated money and hundreds of hours of my time to this site.

#159 8 years ago

I just now noticed the basement subforum doesn't use the new voting system. The only reason I noticed is because of people talking about it in this thread so I went looking for it. It feels like it doesn't belong really.

#231 8 years ago

I can see the poll fine on iPad.

#233 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#267 8 years ago

You're manipulating Robin's words. The second quote is about the new post quality system, has nothing to do with downvoting.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#284 8 years ago

The finalized plan for downvotes was for them to not impact karma (before karma was done away with) for this very reason. Downvoting someone's post means you do not agree with what is being said. Simple. I think this system gets taken out of context when a single post gets several downvotes, which can be interpreted as an overall indication of the general quality or usefulness of the message.

#307 8 years ago

Major issue on iPhone 4s and older, I can't open any basement threads with the mobile theme. When I click "no problemo" to continue the Safari nav bar obscures it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#358 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

For just a quick scan of Pinside (like at work) now to see everything one has to log on. That is the only minor pain.

I can't browse without logging in. My troll list is too long and there are too many topics I can't stand to see.

#366 8 years ago

When reporting a post the box doesn't disappear.

#394 8 years ago

When thumbs down returns are the old thumbs down records still in tact?

#413 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

just limit people to say 3 thumbs down per 24 hours.

But then you have the problem of censorship, if there are truly more than 3 posts in a 24 hour period you disagree with. As much time as I spend on Pinside I can almost guarantee I would exceed that limit relatively quickly.

#416 8 years ago

I like the old design that required a single tap. If you wanted more information just open the pane, or maybe have a separate help button.

#483 8 years ago

I love the idea to make it completely optional.

Quoted from FrankJ:

How about a little more simple - if you leave a thumbs down, you must also comment on the thread. Weren't people just thumbs-downing every post of a person they disagreed with? By forcing a comment, they would be "out-ed" for doing it for no valuable reason on the topic. It might add to the conversation - I disagree with you because...

Then what's the use in having a thumbs down feature if you have to post anyway? It's a quick way to disagree with someone or mark bad advice without spending time making a post about it. If someone posts bad or snarky comments and instead of 30 thumbs down we get 30 posts all saying the same thing, it would just get messy and would discourage legitimate users from taking advantage of it. In my opinion.

#550 8 years ago

It seems like after this latest tweak the reply box is much smaller on mobile.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#554 8 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm guessing that means someone up/down voted that post, but then canceled their vote (you can blame me, I was messing around with the new settings to check them out and up/downed a few threads temporarily). I'm assuming that's a bug, not a feature.

I don't think so, just tried it with a post that had no votes. Color doesn't stick.

#562 8 years ago

iPhone 4s, 2:3, 640x960.

#567 8 years ago

I now see 6 lines in the text box on my phone. This is perfect, thank you Robin!

#576 8 years ago

When I get a PM on my phone I don't get a notification of any kind when viewing the site in the portrait orientation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-update-november-2015?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.