5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

The pinside top 100 EM list needs to change the calculation formula. I believe it takes the ratings for the previous week. The qualifier is that there needs to be always 5 ratings for a pin to be on the list. That might work for SS because there are so many ratings. But the sample size for EM is too small to have any validity.

Some of the top rated pins right now are pretty silly.

I know some don’t really care about the top 100 lists, but I think the list is a good tool to use as one aspect in determining pin value.

Thoughts...

#2 5 years ago

Value shouldn’t necessarily equate to fun factor or top 100. Don’t know if that’s where you were going with your post but just throwing it out there just in case...

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

I believe it takes the ratings for the previous week

They are calculated once per day.

Quoted from cantbfrank:

The qualifier is that there needs to be always 5 ratings for a pin to be on the list.

For SS games, it's more than 5.

Quoted from cantbfrank:

the sample size for EM is too small to have any validity

That's true. There aren't a whole lot of ratings for a large number of EM games. All you can do is rate games that you play and encourage others to rate the ones they play. Most EM enthusiasts don't really seem to care too much about ratings, though.

Quoted from cantbfrank:

I know some don’t really care about the top 100 lists, but I think the list is a good tool to use as one aspect in determining pin value.

It's just one factor in helping to determine value or gauging what games are popular and well-liked. However, people like games for a variety of reasons. Artwork, sounds, gameplay, layout, rules, nostalgia, etc. Some people also have just as much fun with a game rated a 4 as they do with a game rated a 9. It's subjective.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-top-100-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.