(Topic ID: 247587)

Pinside top 100? Jealous people giving low ratings?

By mjruser

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B92505DC-C942-43B9-B0FE-9E5925B67ED3.jpeg
    39ED3270-59B0-4C67-A8B5-C2530D84FA5F.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjruser:

Hello All,
    I'm not quite sure I understand the rankings of the TOP 100? Medieval Madness is the number one ranked pin and it's 21 years old, I find it hard to believe that a better pin hasn't been released in that time. I had an original MB for 18 years and while I loved it when push came to shove I sold it and kept Twilight Zone which actually has a plunger, 4 flippers, and a rule set that can't be beaten the afternoon you buy it.
    I see folks coming in on new games e.g. Willy Wonka and after playing like 3 games give it a much lower than average rating. Really you can decide on a game in 3 games?
    >> It feels like jealousy to me, I can't have it so I'm going to rate it low.
    Owners and past owners are almost the only reviews worth reading, perhaps the ranking system should give those people 100% vote and then ask everyone how many games they have played on the machine they are reviewing and give them % credit on that. 3 games your vote's worth 3%. Thanks for your 'deep' insight.
    Another thing: Why post the same review on 3 different versions of a machine when the games have variations depending on the version. Post on the game you actually played ..like doh.
    I just think it hurts the community and the manufactures working hard to bring us joy to not have some kind of professional moderation of the rankings that get displayed. Yes, we can filter by bogus, but these numbers are still included in the averages in the TOP 100.
    Just the facts ma'am! oh, you've played 3 games, alrighty then next witness.
    Mike

Both your rating are highest then my highest rating I do not give 10s or 1s as many do ignore what others do you will be happier

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-top-100-jealous-people-giving-low-ratings?tu=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.