Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 162 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Passave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-17 (resized).jpg
    InShot_20200228_013609745 (resized).jpg
    359482B7-DB1F-454C-A8E4-4881ADA308E8 (resized).jpeg
    EAA3C18A-C214-44A0-B743-9D79570082B4 (resized).png
    B89A1994-49EC-4F2D-A114-83194476BEE1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    AgonizingVagueIzuthrush-max-1mb.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago

Your top rated games are literally the games you own (you= pumping them up) and your lowest rated are all the top, universally and deservedly well regarded games (you=being a hater).

I knew I smelled some hypocrisy cookin before I opened this thread!

InShot_20200228_013609745 (resized).jpgInShot_20200228_013609745 (resized).jpg
    #152 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

The one massive flaw that Robin implemented, that makes the list far, far worse, is choosing LE ratings for games rather than an average rating between pro, prem & LE. This means that almost all Stern games are solely rated by home owners, when the pros are the most played pinball machines on the planet. Averaging the ratings makes way more sense than the logic that we should rate them only on the supposed "best" version of the game. This goes for JJP's games as well.

Averaging different versions like that wouldn't make any sense though. If there's multiple versions of a game, the lesser version shouldn't drag down the ranking of the best version. The only reason games were grouped together was to prevent the list from having different versions of the same game everywhere, but still keep rankings as close to as they would be without that feature. So it only makes sense to rank a group of games based on the score of the best version.

#153 4 years ago

u must be new here..........

#154 4 years ago

Anyway I think we all agree the top 100 should be decided solely by Doc Frightener's ramblings for entertainment sake and I for one consider this topic closed.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Really trying to justify your post of it being a mod. It is not a mod and any reasonable person knows that. It’s a coded part of the game. Mods are not ever coded into a game.

There are toppers that are coded into the game, and they are not shipped with the game.

And. they. are. Mods.

I guess I am not a reasonable person.

Either way, who gives a shit. Gonna grab a beer

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

There are toppers that are coded into the game, and they are not shipped with the game.
    And. they. are. Mods.
    I guess I am not a reasonable person.
    Either way, who gives a shit. Gonna grab a beer

I beat you to it. Maybe.

#157 4 years ago

Current #1 on the pinside EM top 100.

Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

image-17 (resized).jpgimage-17 (resized).jpg
    #158 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Averaging different versions like that wouldn't make any sense though. If there's multiple versions of a game, the lesser version shouldn't drag down the ranking of the best version. The only reason games were grouped together was to prevent the list from having different versions of the same game everywhere, but still keep rankings as close to as they would be without that feature. So it only makes sense to rank a group of games based on the score of the best version.

By that logic, one could argue that the LEs prop up the pros. There are far more pros, so they represent the game that is played the most. Averaging the scores is far more sensible and accurate with regard to real world experience.

#159 4 years ago

Used to think averaging made the most sense but having lived with the highest ranked model for awhile, I kind of dig it. The more useful feature for the top 400 would be to add a filter at the top level page to allow you filter on multiple manufacturers, date range, # votes on highest model etc. That would allow user to create a top 400 on their own terms.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Used to think averaging made the most sense but having lived with the highest ranked model for awhile, I kind of dig it. The more useful feature for the top 400 would be to add a filter at the top level page to allow you filter on multiple manufacturers, date range, # votes on highest model etc. That would allow user to create a top 400 io their own terms.

But then they couldn't use the top 100 to justify their purchase and high resale ask, which is really what this thread was always about.

#161 4 years ago

OP you must like downvotes

#162 4 years ago

I guess Jenn has never bothered to read this list...But life is good, I got games I love, and dont really care if someone wants to rate them with a thumbs up or down.

There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-top-100-complete-joke/page/4?hl=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.