(Topic ID: 250143)

Pinside thankfulness thread: positivity welcome!

By Daditude

53 days ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What are you most thankful for?”

• Playing Pinball 0 votes
    • Owning pinballs 1 vote
      8%
    • Your health 5 votes
      42%
    • Your family and friends 5 votes
      42%
    • Your not thankful 1 vote
      8%

(12 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gangbang (resized).jpg
    387B6831-0772-4A3B-A528-24AAEF900DB5 (resized).jpeg
    20190810_112026 (resized).jpg
    dogcigar (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 53 days ago

With all the pinside "bitchiness," trolls, and old-timers saying there is too much complaining...I thought I would inject some positivity into it and start a THANKFUL thread.
    I will start:

I am thankful that I have a gameroom filled with pins and arcades I enjoy. I am thankful we are in a second "renaissance" of pinball with several current manufacturers making new pins. I am thankful that barcades are popping up left and right, and I can essentially play new pinballs very soon after they are available. I am thankful that I can pretty much play pinballs anytime I want.

What are you thankful for?

#2 53 days ago

I am thankful for all the different personalities that make up Pinside. It is a great place to spend my idle time. Thanks Pinside!

#3 53 days ago

I am thankful for all of the posts/pictures of the playfield issues between stern and JJP. You people helped save me lots of money. No nib. It’s a positive for me.

#4 53 days ago

I am thankful for all the people that have answered my troubleshooting posts over the years. There is yet to be a problem with my games the community hasn’t helped me through. And I’m thankful my two boys like pinball, I’ve always got at least one buddy to play with at all times

#5 53 days ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I am thankful for all the different personalities that make up Pinside. It is a great place to spend my idle time. Thanks Pinside!

I agree. Pinside is a great place to get information, help and advice. Lots of laughs too.

#6 53 days ago

I'm grateful for the first post I made on the Rec Games Pinball newsgroup 23 years ago. A response to Scott Tiesma about pinball on location in the twin cities.

Which literally started the ball rolling to try and help people with their pinball machines so they could get the most out of them and enjoy pinball more. To make my little corner of pinball a little bit better.

LTG : )

#7 53 days ago

I'm thankful for all the complaining and trolling, thats what is keeping me here. Oh and I do like the quick responses to tech help and other issues, but mainly its the negativity and JJP fanboys who never disappoint with their horseshit, I like horseshit.

#8 53 days ago

Thank you for the idea for this cool thread

#9 53 days ago

I thank all of you.

giphy.gif
    #10 53 days ago

I’m thankful for all the tech help and the positive attitude from people like the OP have that not only help with pinball, but make the hobby enjoyable.

#11 53 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I thank all of you.

Many people thank you for your return to Pinside.

dogcigar (resized).jpg
    #12 53 days ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I like horseshit.

Are you an Eagles Fan? I'd post the video but dont want to gross everyone out.

I'm thankful for my family and friends, including the 3 ring circus of friends here.

#13 53 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Many people thank you for your return to Pinside.
    LTG : )[quoted image]

Thanks Lloyd! I was almost certain it would be short lived. Place has changed a bit though for the better I think.

#14 53 days ago

I love the positivity!!! Keep it coming!!!

#15 53 days ago

I'm thankful for all the Pinsiders that help people with repair questions.

#16 53 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm grateful for the first post I made on the Rec Games Pinball newsgroup 23 years ago. A response to Scott Tiesma about pinball on location in the twin cities.
    Which literally started the ball rolling to try and help people with their pinball machines so they could get the most out of them and enjoy pinball more. To make my little corner of pinball a little bit better.

I'm thankful for helpful guys like LTG, and I was an r.g.p. regular from 1998+. There is always someone in the pinball community willing to lend a hand with a technical issue. I'm thankful for that.

I'm just now getting back into pinball. I am also thankful to see pinball hasn't died. If anything it is more alive. Pretty incredible!

Chris

#17 53 days ago

I am thankful for the satisfaction my machines give me - they are truly works of art. Growing up, dropping a few quarters was a huge treat. Would never have believed I could own machine(s)

#18 53 days ago

I am very thankful for Robin starting this great forum. Now, let's play ball !!

#19 53 days ago

I'm thankful for these two goofballs mainly. My health, and how fortunate I am to be able to partake in this hobby. Pinside has helped me get a lot of my games up and running too .

20190810_112026 (resized).jpg
    #21 53 days ago

Considering this, I am grateful to meet and play with pinball peoples from all over the world.

I am also grateful to know that through all of my travels and meetings I have never met a pinhead who I would call “mean”. Pinball players are a pretty good slice of humanity.

Thank you all for being awesome kids in adult bodies.

Much love.

387B6831-0772-4A3B-A528-24AAEF900DB5 (resized).jpeg
    #22 53 days ago

^^
    I’m thankful for your unbiased reviews!

#23 53 days ago

As an operator assistant I am tremendously thankful for the collector market and resulting abundance of available parts. Whether they be NOS, reproduction, or used. I bought a bunch of plastics cheap for a game someone was parting out. Nearly every piece I have is better than the piece that was on my game. Anything I can't get used I can buy from various parts suppliers. Gone are the days where operators are squeezed for money and have limited access to parts in a Suzo Happ catalog. Because of the economy the renewed interested in pinball has created we have been able to sustain our amusement business for nearly the last decade.

Thank you to everyone who puts up with running small honest parts shops with limited margins. Without new parts, the hobby and business would cease to exist.

#24 53 days ago

I am thankful for my Pinsiders daily adventures, sharing their ups and downs here.

I am thankful for my understanding family, tolerating my Pinball hobby, and the fact that I even HAVE a collection in my home.

#25 53 days ago

I'm thankful that I do not have a lot to add to that bitch thread, and that the pinball/Pinside bubble has not burst. . . yet.

Seriously though, Pinside is a great resource to meet good people, learn more about the hobby, and get a few laughs. Thankful it is here and I'll can't seem to stop checking in.

Also Thankful for all the non-pinball stuff around me outside Pinside; no need for specifics, just putting it out there!

#26 53 days ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Whether they be NOS, reproduction, or used. I bought a bunch of plastics cheap for a game someone was parting out. Nearly every piece I have is better than the piece that was on my game.

Along with all the other vendors, I think I owe more than a special thanks to Rick at PPS and Jeff at Classic Arcades for what they do have available and the super efficient and fast delivery service that has become in my opinion second to none.

#27 53 days ago

I'm grateful for this amazing hobby, being a part of Pinside, and having zero desire to buy any nib games currently.

Acquired a very nice lineup that makes me smile, giving me a break w the real worries and stress my life has.

#28 53 days ago

I love this hobby, this website and Iam blessed beyond believe to have 6 amazing games in my home. I would like to thank Stern pinball and their teams for making some great games lately. So many of their titles recently have been dream themes for me and I just cannot thank Them enough for taking a few chances, i.e. Kiss, Iron Maiden, Deadpool and Black Knight SOR.

#29 53 days ago

i am thanjful i was born at the right time
    i got to play the great EMs as that era ended, and then able to play SS ganes as they came out. A time where inovation was pushing new games to be better than last years machines

#30 53 days ago

I am thankful

Thankful for this hobby to keep me sane/insane depending on the day

Thankful that even after losing my collection in the worst moment of my life, after 6yrs I could come back and be welcomed

Thankful for daditude helping me regain my footing and motivation, by encouraging me and pushing me to keep working! As well as helping me look for pins

Thankful when I'm able to help someone with a problem they are having

Thankful to still love this hobby!!!

#31 53 days ago

I am thankful for everyone on Pinside!

I believe I am alive today because of all the support in this Hobby, My Business, and the friendships.

#32 52 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am thankful for everyone on Pinside!
    I believe I am alive today because of all the support in this Hobby, My Business, and the friendships.

I am thankful for you!! You have been helpful to me many times and I appreciate it!

#33 52 days ago

I'm thankful for the Logitech keyboard with light up numbers and letters. I haven't worn the paint off of any of the keys yet. Though a cup of coffee destroyed one keyboard.

#34 52 days ago

I'm thankful for the robin and guys (and gals) that keep this site up and running. also, the members that put together the meet and greets at expo shows so that we can put faces to the names (and obscure handles)

#35 52 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm thankful for that too!

#36 52 days ago

I'm thankful for all the amazing people I've met and the friendships I've made thru pinball over the last 8 or so years.
    I'm thankful for the local business's that kept pinball going thru the lean years and new establishments that have taken it to the next level.
    I'm thankful for the promotors of the Louisville Arcade Expo for triggering my renewed love affair with pinball.
    I'm thankful for striking up a conversation with a stranger at Zanzabar and being convinced to give a pinball tournament a try.
    I'm thankful for new pinball manufacturers. Not every new company is a success story, but they all add to the diversity and keep the game alive.
    I'm thankful we get to open our home to friends and friends we haven't made yet to escape the daily struggles for few hours and play.

#37 52 days ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

I'm thankful for all the amazing people I've met and the friendships I've made thru pinball over the last 8 or so years.
    I'm thankful for the local business's that kept pinball going thru the lean years and new establishments that have taken it to the next level.
    I'm thankful for the promotors of the Louisville Arcade Expo for triggering my renewed love affair with pinball.
    I'm thankful for striking up a conversation with a stranger at Zanzabar and being convinced to give a pinball tournament a try.
    I'm thankful for new pinball manufacturers. Not every new company is a success story, but they all add to the diversity and keep the game alive.
    I'm thankful we get to open our home to friends and friends we haven't made yet to escape the daily struggles for few hours and play.

Me too. I'm hoping deeproot shows us a stunner at HAP

#38 52 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Me too. I'm hoping deeproot shows us a stunner at HAP

You me and everyone in attendance!

#39 52 days ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

You me and everyone in attendance!

I love the new pinbot avatar!

#40 52 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I love the new pinbot avatar!

Thanks! I thought it fit

#41 51 days ago

I am thankful there are big Lebowski pins out there far less than 45k!

I love that game.

#42 51 days ago

I am thankful Marco still makes top quality white PRW rubbers as I have so many games that use them.

#43 49 days ago

I find it interesting that this thread has 43 posts when the "bitch thread" has almost 700.

That explains a few things.

#44 49 days ago

I’m thankful to have a hobby where I enjoy so many aspects of it, but most of all sharing it with others by having them over to play pins. That’s simply a delight to me.

I’m also thankful for other pinheads I’ve gotten, and continue, to meet.

#45 49 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I find it interesting that this thread has 43 posts when the "bitch thread" has almost 700.
    That explains a few things.

Goes to show most people love drama!

I appreciate all the good things Pinside has to offer. Best thing for me is all the help I receive fixing and dialling in our games. There are also plenty of good people on here with a good sense of humour. I like to help people where I can. My wife and I have made some great friends from the site. There are also plenty of great ideas usually to be found on Pinside.

I do my best to stay away from all the negativity, I like to deal with fact not fiction. Plenty of fiction on the bitch threads.

Statistics say 1 in 10 people are positive. Lets hope there are some more posts on this thread.

#47 49 days ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I’m thankful to have a hobby where I enjoy so many aspects of it, but most of all sharing it with others by having them over to play pins. That’s simply a delight to me.

Agree 100%! It wasn't until we had our first Halloween party, that i really got to share my collection with a large group of people and it was great! There's a certain satisfaction i get watching the whole line-up getting played by new and old friends in the comfort of my home. It really can be so rewarding to share our collections!

I'm also thankful for this hobby for all the enjoyment i get from finding/buying/fixing these games as well. The rush of finding a long-wanted game for sale, the adventure to pick it up, the quest of bringing it back to life and upgrading it to my standards, and all the learning that takes place along the way... There's nothing like it!

Which brings me to my next thankfulness: the group of techs we've got here at pinside. I can't give enough credit to the guys here helping out others--maintenance and repair is such an important part of this hobby. When i started out, i knew *nothing* about pinball repair but i could only afford project games that would definitely need work. It was the generosity of techs on RGP that helped me get on track, and that tradition has blossomed on pinside. Now I love to help others when i can, and it's wonderful to see so many others also doing what they can to help and give back as well. I feel like so many of us share these victories when someone comes looking for help and finds the fix through the help of the community.

#48 49 days ago

I'm grateful to have found Pinside, it's part of my every day, and my go to when trying to avoid "news".

#49 49 days ago

I'm thankful for every single customer I have, and every sale I make, and I really do enjoy the emails I get from people who enjoy my products.

#50 49 days ago

Speaking of gratitude, all of this year I've been doing a "Year of Gratitude" project. First thing I do each day is open a Word doc I have a growing list in and add to it for what I'm grateful for. I will add at least 1 thing a day. So far I am over 500 and it is 15 pages of Word.

The real treat is scrolling back through it and having my memory fire up for all these small seemingly insignificant things I was grateful for and remembering them again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 320.00
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 90.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 219.99
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside