(Topic ID: 250143)

Pinside thankfulness thread: positivity welcome!

By Daditude

85 days ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What are you most thankful for?”

• Playing Pinball 0 votes
    • Owning pinballs 1 vote
      8%
    • Your health 5 votes
      42%
    • Your family and friends 5 votes
      42%
    • Your not thankful 1 vote
      8%

(12 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gangbang (resized).jpg
    387B6831-0772-4A3B-A528-24AAEF900DB5 (resized).jpeg
    20190810_112026 (resized).jpg
    dogcigar (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 80 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I find it interesting that this thread has 43 posts when the "bitch thread" has almost 700.
    That explains a few things.

Well....that was a very positive post.

#52 80 days ago

Thankful to the lord for all the blessings he has bestowed upon my family and I.

Every day is an adventure and I'm grateful for all the little things in life that all too often are taken for granted.

Pause once in awhile to watch a sunset, admire some random flowers on the side of the road while at a light, hold a door for a stranger, compliment a co-worker. They maybe fleeting moments but can often make ones day complete and richer.

#53 80 days ago

One of my favorite Pinsider names, danqverymuch, sums it up! He probably meant it as ironic, or ridiculous, but laughter is one of the things I’m most thankful for. And there are some hilarious people here on Pinside! Gratitude can change everything.

#54 80 days ago

We are thankful that we can make a living and get to make amazing friends & meet so many great people in an industry that we absolutely love! None of this happens without good and positive people believing in what we do.

Thank you everyone... sincerely.

EVERYONE at Spooky Pinball LLC.

#55 80 days ago

I am thankful for Titan Pinball bringing an ACNC to the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo in November to play. Also thankful for Scott Danesi coming down and jammin' with us.

#56 80 days ago

I'm thankful for the support I've had from customers and on Pinside over the years! Many of the projects would not have happened if it wasn't for interaction and customer feedback here on Pinside or through emails. I hit plenty of hurdles on some projects and having people to cheer on the project helped keep the motivation up and often helped the product become better through getting feedback/ideas before it was finalized.

Also very thankful when people send emails or PMs out of the blue to say how much they enjoyed a product once it was available -- that definitely means more than you can realize to the people creating things for this hobby!

#57 80 days ago

Honestly - I am thankful for passion in the hobby and that pinsiders do complain about valid issues.
    Nice to see the community banding together over recent PF issues and forcing manufacturers to address this issues.

#58 80 days ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Speaking of gratitude, all of this year I've been doing a "Year of Gratitude" project. First thing I do each day is open a Word doc I have a growing list in and add to it for what I'm grateful for. I will add at least 1 thing a day. So far I am over 500 and it is 15 pages of Word.
    The real treat is scrolling back through it and having my memory fire up for all these small seemingly insignificant things I was grateful for and remembering them again.

That's a good idea! I've been working on finding a few things to be grateful for each day -- first thing in the morning, then before going to bed. Sets a positive outlook at the start of the day, and helps you sleep better too. I definitely like the thought of recording that in a journal to look over at the end of the year.

#59 80 days ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am thankful for all of the posts/pictures of the playfield issues between stern and JJP. You people helped save me lots of money. No nib. It’s a positive for me.

this

#60 80 days ago

I'm just here for the......

gangbang (resized).jpg
    #61 80 days ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Speaking of gratitude, all of this year I've been doing a "Year of Gratitude" project. First thing I do each day is open a Word doc I have a growing list in and add to it for what I'm grateful for. I will add at least 1 thing a day. So far I am over 500 and it is 15 pages of Word.
    The real treat is scrolling back through it and having my memory fire up for all these small seemingly insignificant things I was grateful for and remembering them again.

That is an incredible idea! I love it!

#62 80 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

That is an incredible idea! I love it!

Happy to share my idea. For anyone interested, I've blogged a bit more about it here:

https://www.chrisfrolic.com/my-year-of-gratitude/

https://www.chrisfrolic.com/my-year-of-gratitude-check-in/

4 weeks later
    #64 49 days ago

I'm thankful that pinball manufacturer's don't build automobiles. Just imagine if your new car came with a defective engine,and you had to replace it yourself.

#65 49 days ago

As much as I love pinball and am very thankful for the means to own and play them in my home, it is nowhere near how blessed I am to have the family I have.

1 week later
    #66 42 days ago
    Quoted from Monk:

As much as I love pinball and am very thankful for the means to own and play them in my home, it is nowhere near how blessed I am to have the family I have.

I completely agree

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.99
    $ 269.00
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 229.99
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    € 9.10
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside