Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by altan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside-1.PNG
    pinside-2.PNG
    adsblocked.jpg
    monkeys with computers.jpg
    simpsons_crunchtime.jpg
    wpid-41ixitctvwl.jpg
    domestic-bot_11-200x300.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have switched the website to exclusively use SSL. You wil automatically be redirected to HTTPS:// if you come in via HTTP://

Consider this a public beta, I was already running non-SSL and SSL simultaneously for over a year but due to some issues with none-SSL I now want to force all connections to use SLL.

If you are seeing any problems using the site since, well, now you can always email me at webmaster at pinside dotcom

Or post in this thread!

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Just don't forget the cert expires soon!
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 7:59:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Thanks, I renewed last week but did not get round to updating it on the server until today!

Quoted from Pinchroma:

In this particular case it would have been beneficial to only pass the auth through a subdomain limited to ssl instead of forcing everything through. Considering you aren't doing ssl offload you are going to see an increase in utilization for no intrinsic benefit.

We were already doing that, for well over 6 months. But I figured that in this day and age you just don't want any website that uses any kind of authentication to go without SSL. Why risk man in the middle attacks when the added server CPU load or network overhead is negligible? Hence this change, I just wanted to make sure that everyone is still able to access the site properly. I've had zero complaints thus far, fortunately.

Quoted from steve1515:

I would love to see a proper mobile site next...

I'm working on a mobile-friendly concept. It should only look slightly different from the full version. And only the forum section will be affected for now. going "mobile" will always be a choice of preference, I hate forced mobile sites.

#15 9 years ago

I didn't change much in the uploading code except for adding a caption field to images. I suggest to first try another site, to see if the error is Pinside or on all sites (another factor). Post screenshots or error messages and I may be able to help you figure out whats going on.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pac-Fan:

I.e. I get 6 grey squares here instead of 6 pictures in Chrome: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/13469

I cannot replicate this problem.

Let's see if we can figure it out. What happens if you click this image link (one of the six thumbs of the above ad)?
    https://img-s.pinside.com/ad/76/thumb/76c8b6cfa54603284d39adb257f4de0e8fe0fde8.jpg

Does it show or generate an error on your end?

Note that Pinside uses MooTools framework.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think it's the Chrome extension AdBlock Plus (or any one of the ad blocking ones).

Ah, that explains it! That was actually a well known bug. But what I didn't know was that it was caused due to having the string "ad" in the file name. That's kind of absurd if you think about it. I will look into changing the filename for ad images. Thanks!

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

When you go into some threads (or just pages of threads), FF gives a security warning that some content is not being encrypted. Is there a subdomain or something that is used for pulling pictures or something that's not happening over SSL?

Not that I know of, but I will check. Could you post a screenshot of the warning?

#28 9 years ago

Ah, that explains it. Will fix this. Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-switches-to-sslhttps-beta?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.