Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement of "the purge". Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #37 Robin clarifies the ideas/intent behind this announcement. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

I've got the first 2 to go...but I wonder how big that list is?

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

See you at league night tonight?

Bwhahaa....maybe you can put a bug in his ear for their Fantasy Pinside Draft coming up

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

And who exactly is the arbiter of deciding who should be banished? What happens if falsely accused? Will there first be an opportunity to defend oneself? What are the specific rules that would cause one to be banished?

The mods/owners of the sites are, and they don't need to explain it to you because this isn't a courtroom, it's someone's website.

Jeez I think this has a ton to do with the magic girl thread which I didn't even see till now.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Part of the fun is giving each other a hard time and goading one another. Outsiders may perceive as hate, but insiders know that its all in clean fun and enjoy the sparring.

Completely agree...but I think that means you overlooking the fact all the mods know whom the jokey people are and who the real asses are. Of course we shall see.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Guess I may not be frequenting the same threads you are, as I would consider everything I read 95%+ positive on Pinside. Are you sure that some of us aren't a little too thin skinned?

Even I ( ) get sick of the thick layers of shit sometimes. True, I could block people and drain threads but I think I've only blocked one person ever, and then unblocked them later.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I will have to go check that out.

Start around here...looks like the spe.....er...the K-man got brought up and then all hell broke loose.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/430

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Maybe we just need something (akin to the flame icon) that designates if a thread is currently off topic?

We already do

flame on (resized).jpgflame on (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Are yall talkin about me?

Have you sent lawyer keith after Robin yet?

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Can we banish Rick? Can't says he does much for the community besides ask for money and threaten people.

#51 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

99.99999% of the time the person will say they've visited, but "All I saw was people bitching" or "All I saw was people bitching about Stern".

Yuuup.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Wish you would. Not a huge purge, just clip out some people that do nothing but troll.

Yeah I think a lot of people read the first post and got happy...then read Robin's and got a little deflated.

#167 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Kind of you. Im flattered, and embarrassed.

And I'm creeped out by it

#173 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

A serious question, for those of you who don't have me on ignore:
    What constitutes a troll?

To me the real problem is the broken record. For example;
    Levi says some shit, so you say shit back to levi aboot him always saying shit, that makes everyone post more aboot it etc etc
    Whom's to blame on that one? Not as cut and dry as you'd think.

Quoted from o-din:

Edit- That pic, it was for like three posts ago. I can't fix it....

Yeah pics have been screwed up all day for me. Probably the purge

#181 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Simple purge rules:
    Anybody who uses "aboot"...ever. Is that some odd Canuck reference? It confuses me
    Anybody that uses "immersive" more than once.

I'm the only one to say aboot and I've been doing it since before you where here buddy! To make a rule just against me would be racist.

But totally agree on the Immersive thing...worse than "World under glass." Fucking vomit.

#185 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And they continue to stalk, and obsess, desperately hoping they can bait you back into a fight.

Totally agree. I've had that one myself; I call it "the brazilian."

#188 7 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

What a HYPACRITE .....I am for even quoting this as drunk as I am.

It's a solid idea.

#191 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinsideTroll:

how many shots does it take to get above .08?

probably 3 in a hour give or take some for weight. I assume more since you're a pinsider.

#201 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Better times are ahead for pinball and Pinside as a result!

True that. Better times ahead. Your 30 days will do you well

#249 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

No doubt. I need to get my life back! I should purge myself. What are you going to do with your time off?

Make a dupe account of course!

#271 7 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Except the balls still fall from the flipper drain hole, so stuff a rag in there as well.

PURGE HIM NOW!!!

#275 7 years ago

Hmmm.... Round 1 Guesses for March Purgness

Iceman, Whysnow, Levi, Cornelius, flynnibus,

#294 7 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

the US is doing mass deportation right now too...
    something's in the air

Sweeping through Pinside

KickSomeICE (resized).jpgKickSomeICE (resized).jpg

Quoted from herg:

Insulting someone, then adding a smiley is not a good use, unless your intention is to be even more insulting.

Thanks for explaining the exact opposite way most people use emoticons!

#303 7 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Why should it be any different than how most people use words?

It isn't. It just comes down to whether the parties agree on the intent of the "insult."

#309 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Has even THIS thread derailed??

In our defense it started as the "Beginning of a new Dawn" bitch slap to pinside that was then quickly neutered by Robin

#333 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I just get tired of the same person flaunting their ability to get away with breaking Pinside rules, but whatever. I also get tired of being moderated, so I'm dropping it.

Quoted from Cornelius:

So that's why I think Crazy Levi is being incredibly, sociopathically disingenuous in this thread, this thread about people being cool with one another.

Man you made it like 12 hours too

#358 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

You mention him in *every* post and this kind of personal animus should be taken to PM's and then you can battle it out. If that's what you are determined to do.
    Or better yet... just move on. Life's too short.

Well the problem is Levi has him blocked so he cant PM him. But anyway yes the main point is to move on. Cornelious doens; t like to block people and I get that, but sometimes you just have to because it cuts into your fun. I've done it once for someone on here whom was completely and utterly insane; and it helped.
    Levi is whom he is, he isn't going to change so just stop trying to make him do it. It's like the price police; they show up an mention something and then the freedom fighters bitch aboot it but it just makes the whole thing worse.

#388 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Are those from trolling?

No, they're for running down to South Cakalaka to "get" state champ trophy.

#391 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NC was the only state I qualified in

My bad...you always talk like you can actually play so I took your word.

#393 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

hey just so you know, in NY, the only way to qualify was the Superleague scam

Yeah I heard that's a serious shitstorm; Sketchy at best.

#402 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Well, I for one greatly appreciate pinside trying to make the place better. I hope it does become more of a place of respectful and insightful discourse and look forward to hopefully being a part of it again.

Naw, you'll still be able to talk down to everyone

#403 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Hey congrats on all those upvotes shootthepyramid !
    I guess I'm not wanted here.

You're a fine person, I enjoy many of your posts, you just need to get over the Levi thing man. Don't fight the good fight, just relax

EDIT: Edit sorry 2 posts in a row

#409 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

What was the deal with superleague anymore? I've forgotten.

They get double dick points for league but they sucked out a Stern bonus multiplier that take the scores up 10X!
    Then they pay monies and get more <----I MADE THAT UP

Quoted from Cornelius:

I'm a lightning rod for people to get upvotes over. Congrats shootthepyramid , you won the popularity contest.

Haha shootthepyramid winning popularity contest...WOW thats news to me as well

#415 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

This place is a popularity contest.

HOLD ON HOLD THE FUCK ON
    EDIT: ha...had to get your attention. Anyway, the world is a popularity contest....it's the thread that keeps the whole world running.
    But i digress...Jump in the Way-Back machine and lets head 4 years back to this....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit/page/2#post-187517

#420 7 years ago

Sorry Chadderrack i love you but cant take sycophant shit

#424 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Cue up the Stripes video

Can we at least agree that "Stripes" is the most overrated classic comedy?

Quoted from Cornelius:

I'm tired of pinball. Just fighting games from now on.

Hmmm corny a Gingy...didnt see that cumming

#427 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry. Ghostbusters is that way.

Yeah but at least Stripes was a better pinball machine

Quoted from iceman44:

Adios Mr. Douglas from Falling Down!

That was a GREAT movie...joel fucking Shucmacker can you believe it?

#429 7 years ago

Iceman Ghostf******s was THE WORST machine I've ever ownd....and I've owned King Kool

#433 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Keith's a big boy, though... I'll bet comments like "you can still talk down to people" didn't offend him too much.

Well at least you didn't get too sycophant(ic?) there

Quoted from chadderack:

I got pounded in the pills by the #2 and #3 ranked players in the state,

HOLY SHIT dude...seriously all the best Utah players where there?!?!?! It's a fucking jo0ke people...everyone relax.

#469 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Who's not relaxed?

Uff seriously...went hard into Grandpa's cough medicine last night and turned it up to 11 apparently . Apologies where they're needed.

#499 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone thought about how much time has been spent debating the whole thumbs up and down voting.

1/100th of the time spent on the top 100 lists

#632 7 years ago

I wish we could purge all the gottlieb/Premiers for fudge sakes

#657 7 years ago

Chuck e does have beer. But also a ton of parent fights...ran down that youtube rabbit hole a couple years ago.

#660 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Seriously?! That's crazy! Related to the beer? Lol

Hall no I don't think it's the beer...just crazy parents...mostly in poor places.
    Still is a chuck e cheese near me and I've always wanted to go check it out but never have. Had many a b day party there as a kid and loved it. Although we had a competitor place around here Captain Andys that was better

#664 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Captain Andy's. Love hearing about different local places like that!

Yeah their big shtick was baskets of popcorn given out and you could throw it on the floor and shit...Pretty exciting as a kid

Edit: might have been a chain? Here's some info on a Baltimore location with same name...your welcome for some terrifying pictures

http://showbizpizza.com/photos/misc/captandy/index.html

#751 7 years ago

Alright already I been busy at work lately...can we get this Purge moving please?

Let's make this omelette!

#755 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Plus, the whole thing with people gleefully saying "get on with the purge!" is just kinda like.... what's the point? I guess you're not going to use that ignore function after all?

It means I'm sick of hearing aboot it endlessly...let's do this.

Pinball hobby has even come down to pre-ordering user suspensions

#762 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Most people should know the difference between a fact and a value judgement.
    "Street Fighter 2 sucks" is clearly an opinion.

#766 7 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

(On our very first date, I took Julie out to see Street Fighter the Movie, starring Jean Claude Van Damme. She didn't instantly leave me, so I married her.
    Poor girl).

It's hard to walk out on a date in a theatre, but trust me leaving during the laserdisc presentation of Street Fighter is much easier for dates, friends, family members...etc

pets...

#775 7 years ago

Man Nemisis was a disaster when it first came out, but you know I watched it not long ago and actually really enjoyed it.
    At the time it was supposed to be this big thing and it didn't live up to the hype at all. Then I watched it more like a standard everyday episode and finally let it in. There's an obvious allegory in there somewhere but I have to go take out the trash now and I have no time to look for it.

#778 7 years ago

Alright are we making any progress towards this?

#786 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Xerico's opening post said the list would be compiled and the purge would occur by "sometime this Spring."
    Who knows when it will actually happen, or the amount of posts we will have to endure from those being purged until then.

Or if anyone actually gets purged

#811 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Biggest problem with pinside are the idiots who spend hours reading the dumpster fires, then more hours complaining about those same threads.

Or the ones that constantly interject themselves and think everyone is talking aboot them.

#813 7 years ago

Broken record = echo chamber

1 week later
    #831 7 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

The ax hasn't fell yet

Well Spring doesn't start for 5 moreish days.

4 weeks later
    #878 7 years ago

Actually "In the year 2525" is playing in mine.

1 week later
    #906 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

...good luck making this a friendlier place.

Punks. They think the Bay of Pigs is an herbal tea and the Cold War has something to do with penguins.

#919 7 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

... For example "this game is a steaming pile of sh*t" vs " I don't like to play that game". Keep in mind that the amount of money that some of these games go for can be quite substantial and no one wants to hear that after spending $8K on a NIB that they bought a turd.

You are not the game you bought for 8K. If you're emotionally crippled enough that this is really a big deal other people don;t like the game, you are the problem.

I have a TZ, it is expensive, many people do not like it at all; I do not care. <-- it isn't hard.

#936 7 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

So you see absolutely nothing wrong with adults supposedly having an intelligent conversation regarding a new machine and someone telling another person that the game they just paid $8K for is a "F*n Turd"? And the person who bought it is the problem? Wow

As with anything, it depends on the context, and a macro vs micro situation.

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think this more applies to people who go around to 10, 20, or 30 threads that are remotely related to that particular game, spewing their hatred for it.

Which has to do with this, which we'll discuss in a second.

As to your specific question; correct, I see nothing wrong with that.
    If it's the "swearing" that you find unintelligent Then I can't comment on that, lots of people swear.
    If you said "I just bought a GB LE."
    The first thing I would say is "What a piece of shit, I couldn't sell that thing fast enough."
    (If this automatically makes our conversation unimaginable to you than we wouldn't be talking much anyway, we probably wouldn't get along)
    "Oh you didn't like it?"
    "Nope not fun for me."
    "Gotcha"

That's a fine conversation to me, and literally happens quite a bit (people liking diff'rent things). If this conversation actually involved how much monies you paid for something and how that relates to your feelings, I wouldn't talk to you again; that's just weird.

Back to Willy's point, if someone hates a game they can go in as many threads as they want to explain it to me. I'd imagine the thread includes people saying how much they like it just as often so tit for tat.

Now the micro aspect of continually trolling one person with your thought on the matter is where it gets obnoxious and an issue. EDIT: Like, I think toppers and mirror blades are dumb, but I don't go in a thread for someone selling them and talk aboot how stupid they are; that's rude and doesn't help anyone.

#1009 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

4/20 is probably not the day to try it.

haha totally.

Wait...wha?

1 week later
    #1047 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have to hand it to the Mods who handed Cornelius his 30 day ban. The guy is over on RGP just having a complete melt down blaming everything on forceflow.

Dammit I need to see that

#1050 6 years ago

That's good stuff. Oh man Tracelifter...he was a good guy.

#1054 6 years ago

Think it might be more than 30 now after this

#1058 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Why should something posted on rgp be used against you over here?

Ha...well good luck with the whole "I called you a total piece of shit but it wasn't here..we're cool right?"

2 weeks later
    #1063 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Yeah hopefully he is on a short leash when he gets back. Something tells me he won't learn from this experience.

Naw he's doing fine.

#1066 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Please define fine? Fine as in he is in a straight jacket and placed in a padded room? That kind of fine?
    That guy is a mother f'ing cyber stalker of all sorts.

Hi I'm TheLaw...you may know me from Pinside being sarcastic 135% of the time I post

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.