Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement of "the purge". Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #37 Robin clarifies the ideas/intent behind this announcement. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago

And who exactly is the arbiter of deciding who should be banished? What happens if falsely accused? Will there first be an opportunity to defend oneself? What are the specific rules that would cause one to be banished? Does this remove one's ability to offer sarcasm and/or satire? What about the basement - all sunshine and roses there too?

Personally, my preference is self-policing where miscreants are shamed by the community. Typically they either comply, go somewhere else, or give up after a short period of verbal sparring. Don't really see anything wrong with that.

How about a new icon for these new types of safe zone forums - maybe a snowflake? (bet I just made the list)

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The mods/owners of the sites are, and they don't need to explain it to you because this isn't a courtroom, it's someone's website.
    Jeez I think this has a ton to do with the magic girl thread which I didn't even see till now.

This forum is all kinds of fun with great contributors and very helpful information. Once you've been in certain groups long enough, you seem to know the regulars pretty well and can even consider them friends. Part of the fun is giving each other a hard time and goading one another. Outsiders may perceive as hate, but insiders know that its all in clean fun and enjoy the sparring.

Just concerned that this element will be removed from the forums without any consideration of what is really going on.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

If something isn't done by those in charge, you end up with the "bullies ruling the playground" - which is basically where Pinside is at currently. I applaud Pinside for making the tough choice to try and make it better. I'm sure they know they are automatically in for some level of rebellion to any rules/actions taken.

Guess I may not be frequenting the same threads you are, as I would consider everything I read 95%+ positive on Pinside.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

The problem with this is that then the herd that's creating the herd mentality is free to attack people as they see fit, without any kind of reprisal. Not that this isn't *already* happening here. Pick the popular stance and you're insulated from many things. Remember how for a while it was a moderator warning to say "j-poop" or "j-plop" ect.... now that everyone knows the guy is a fraud, I don't see any of that stuff getting moderated anymore..

Just to be clear, I definitely draw the line at personally attacking someone. If you wouldn't say it to their face, then don't type it in a forum. However, I have no problem respectfully challenging opinions, offering my own reasonable opinions that others may not like, and as stated before goading regulars in a friendly way. Just concerned that this legitimate behavior will be artificially restricted and make the site less entertaining/attractive for many of us who love to hang out here.

#26 7 years ago

Even so, all of this is speculation at this point. Main thing is to understand the rules by which all will be governed by.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Jeez I think this has a ton to do with the magic girl thread which I didn't even see till now.

I will have to go check that out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=mr_tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.