Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement of "the purge". Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #37 Robin clarifies the ideas/intent behind this announcement. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

How about just telling us straight up if we're already 'at risk' instead of beating around the bush?

See you at league night tonight?

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You get a thread eject and a moderation notice. That should be warning enough.

I'm not particularly concerned about myself, because I follow moderator direction, and rarely *intentionally* break the rules, but somehow in the era of helicopter parents and trigger warnings, having a strong opinion is seen as trolling or being divisive when it's aggressively backed up, even without any kind of personal attacks. I'll freely admit that posts like this one bother me specifically because I have been targeted in previous forums I've used because of that. I don't really like pissing on the entire forum to warn a few people, either...it's kind of like big corporation management, where your entire workgroup gets told daily not to do something because one person on a team of 15 can't seem to get it through their heads lol.

Pretty sure I've only ever been ejected from two threads.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Personally, my preference is self-policing where miscreants are shamed by the community. Typically they either comply, go somewhere else, or give up after a short period of verbal sparring. Don't really seem anything wrong with that.

The problem with this is that then the herd that's creating the herd mentality is free to attack people as they see fit, without any kind of reprisal. Not that this isn't *already* happening here. Pick the popular stance and you're insulated from many things. Remember how for a while it was a moderator warning to say "j-poop" or "j-plop" ect.... now that everyone knows the guy is a fraud, I don't see any of that stuff getting moderated anymore..

#32 7 years ago

I thought that was covered in the herd mentality thing, but yes, that's part of what I was saying.

#227 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Quit bragging Art! Pez approves and i do too. You are one of the voices of reason here, keeping things on an even keel. I am a bit disappointed in that 99% though, i expected a 100%

I can't even figure out what you guys are looking at, LOL.

#238 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You are at 90.6 Frax. Weak A- click on your forum activity button

Ah, I see. I'm pretty sure that I got about 500 of those by saying that I don't like this country or the state I live in, so I'm okay with this ratio. Frankly, I expected it to be much lower. I seem to have a talent for irritating people that can only see the world in very narrow scopes. Fine by me. I should hopefully soon have a much more relevant thread starting up that should be pretty exiciting and positive that I'm looking forward to, so there's that too.

Apparently just gave out my 5000th up/downvote the other day too.

#240 7 years ago

I've only had 3 posts moderated? Really?

Seriously never knew all these stats were on here, heh.

#376 7 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I would start the list with the most "ignored" members.

That's not exactly a good indicator. I tell people all the time to put me on ignore that I've had frequent repeat issues with, but only been moderated 3 times. Do I deserve to be banned because I don't genuinely care if they see my posts or not?

2 months later
    #1049 6 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Pinside "dick-o-the-day"

Oh holy sh-....is that still a thing? Please say it's still a thing. LOL. I still have my 2 shirts.

#1051 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Oh damn.....30 days......guess he WAS on the "list"

Funny thing about message boards...you can actually break no rules as they're listed, but still get banned. If enough people have a problem with you, what is typically a minor infraction becomes a 30 day ban....or a perma. Ask me how I know. > I don't know the guy's warning/ban history either so I guess I have no option than to just shut up about it, since I can't definitively prove my point, and I'm also lazy, but oh lawrd...the experience with that in OTHER forums? Let me tell you...going out drinking with someone that's previously responsible for permabanning you off a forum you've used for 5+ years and they don't really know you is HILARIOUS! Especially when they're like twice your size and for some reason think you might be apt to punch them in the face.

I don't check my email enough to know if I'm on any lists or not, but then again, I don't really care too much either. =P I'm gonna do me, you guys can do whatever with it. I don't typically get pee-pee-slapped by the mods very often, but maybe I should just expect the inevitable anyways.. seems to always be the price of not being a lemming.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.