Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement of "the purge". Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #37 Robin clarifies the ideas/intent behind this announcement. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#567 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'll be draining this thread now and committing suicide.

Hate to burden you, but any chance you can pencil me into your will for a final sheet of PDI glass on your way to the gun cabinet?

#623 7 years ago

I get why he blocked you, o-din, but what's his beef with Cyndi Lauper?

#753 7 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

There are moderator feedback threads where user Y is pissed at User X and wants User X kicked out forever. Then User X gets on and says if User Y stays on the site, they'll leave forever (or sue us). Then both X and Y cuss me out because I didn't kick out the other guy, so I'm a biased prick. It's never ending, really...and would be amusing if it wasn't something that happened on a weekly basis for years on end.

Sounds like Users X and Y could both use a mandatory vacation from Pinside.

1 month later
    #958 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

It's just hard for me to believe that adults would rather use the report button rather than the ignore button. Actually, it's not that hard to believe.

Quoted from Roostking:

No kidding. Adults tattletelling instead of just ignoring, or better yet one upping them. Their kids are snowflakes to everyone, but them lol

I've only ever reported people for political posts (and maybe one or two super-racist rants or robo-spam posts, can't remember). I do that for the simple reason that I'm always tempted to respond and tell people how wrong they are. But I also recognize that this isn't the place for it -- politics can derail a thread faster than kanada-talk. Report the improper post, it gets deleted, case closed. Where's the beef?

Quoted from o-din:

I don't block anybody. It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. If somebody throws blows at me I'd rather be able to pounce on the fool instead of shutting my eyes and taking it.

Agreed. But if ignoring is your thing I would think it's designed for annoying posters, not posters that are perpetually breaking the rules (who should just get the stick from the mods at some point).

#960 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If ignoring is your thing, then is continually mentioning somebody you have ignored really ignoring them?

Sorry, I wasn't a philosophy major, I'll leave this one to the experts.

#963 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Time and time again I read something from someone on Pinside that just blatantly violates the conduct guidelines and there is never any red text at the bottom of the post. I don't know what the point of selective moderation is.

Are you reporting the unmoderated posts that you believe violate the rules? If not, you really cannot complain, it's not fair to assume the mods will look at every post. If the mods are ignoring your reports, start a mod thread and ask what's up, in my experience they're happy to engage if you've got an actual question and aren't just looking to yell at someone.

#977 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I think it is VERY fair to expect moderators moderating every post. That's their job.

Disagree. They're unpaid and presumably have other things going on in their lives than Pinside (I hope so, at any rate), it's not realistic to assume they will see everything immediately. They provide the "Report" button for a reason, which is to quickly bring to their attention posts that they might not otherwise see for hours, if at all.

If they're routinely ignoring your Reports I'd start a mod feedback thread, as that seems like a separate issue.

1 month later
    #1078 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

if someone says something helpful or cool, they get a thumbs up. if they say something i disagree with, thumbs down. it's never personal, and i have no problem forgetting past arguments

Agreed that this is how thumbs up/thumbs down should be used and interpreted. People take it way too personally (and in some cases use it way too personally).

Take Whysnow for instance, he posts lots of dubious legal and business analysis so I've thrown him a number of thumbs-downs over the years. But he also gives useful technical help and his devotion to pinball and the pinball community usually shines through, so I've given him a number of thumbs-ups as well. Either way it's the message, not the messenger, that I'm commenting on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.