Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement of "the purge". Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #37 Robin clarifies the ideas/intent behind this announcement. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#284 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

This thread needs a poll.

Your mom needs a pole.

Quoted from Mr68:

As for me, I don't care to use any of the emoji's or I rarely use them. Makes me feel, I donno....less masculine? High schoolish?

We didn't have emojis when I was in high school, but I feel like if it was good enough for the Egyptians it's good enough for me. They built pyramids in less time than some of these companies get games shipping...

#313 7 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

I've got 2 downvotes. Anyway to find them? I'd like to know if I was wrong about something or just an asshole.

They don't mean anything.

#381 7 years ago

Nothing a little LIONMAN! couldn't make better.

#476 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Seems like Pinside hasn't been moderated in quite a while. I see so many infractions against the Pinside guidelines that used to be moderated and no longer aren't.

I for one am baffled by the inconsistencies in moderation. A few months ago it was made clear that Robin was really fired up about people editing quotes, for whatever reason. We were told this was GOING TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. Since then, I've seen a number of clever "FTFY" quote edits that seemed to be fairly innocent but exactly what Robin was supposedly upset about. Reported, no action taken. Okay, guess I won't report those anymore because obviously we're just yelling 'Fire!' in a theater most of the time.

I completely agree it would be nice if Pinside was a more friendly place. Tilt Forums is a Hallmark store at Christmas by comparison, but it's also got tumbleweeds on main street most days.

For me, I know it took a while to get over my training wheels here. I probably tweaked a few nipples along the way and had a few apologies to make, but after clearing my ignore list I found that it soon filled back up with mostly the same people so I don't think my crap detector is too badly calibrated.

Anyway, that's my nickel. Used to get you a credit.

#489 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-tracelifter

^^^ Here's the thread where we found out not what not to do. Search the forums for "FTFY" since then and you'll see how it has(n't) been handled since then.

#493 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

We do act on those. It might not have been acted upon immediately 30 seconds after reporting, but I don't recall one that wasn't addressed, especially if it was reported.

I've reported at least three and gone back to check them a week or so later finding no action taken. Want examples?

#504 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

We do act on those. It might not have been acted upon immediately 30 seconds after reporting, but I don't recall one that wasn't addressed, especially if it was reported.

Quoted from emkay:

I've reported at least three and gone back to check them a week or so later finding no action taken. Want examples?

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sure. Go ahead and open a feedback thread and paste the links. I'll take a look.

Well if you're going to act on them now, there's really no need for that is there?

example (resized).pngexample (resized).png

#525 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

One of the other moderators saw your post and started investigating. So, I guess it's been taken care of now.

Thank you. I wasn't lying, whether that's what you were implying or not.

#534 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nope, was just stating what was happening. It's a busy today today and someone else just went ahead and took care of that request before I jumped to it.

Three weeks after it was reported, people are jumping on it today? That's disingenuous at best.

This is exactly what I was getting at in my initial post: inconsistent moderation creates some of the chaos here.

1 week later
    #790 7 years ago

blame_canada (resized).pngblame_canada (resized).png

#826 7 years ago

Ahh yes, the mondo salute! Drive while covering one eye, riding the rumble strip for audible confirmation of accuracy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=emkay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.