Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement of "the purge". Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #37 Robin clarifies the ideas/intent behind this announcement. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 7 years ago

I'm going to be the positive one.

I love pinside. I love the disagreements and arguments that provide insight and entertainment. I love the people I meet digitally and irl. I'm not ashamed to tell people my pinside name. I love thumbs down and ratings. I love it all.

I very rarely miss a day checking the site. It's the only forum that has sunk it's claws in that deep.

Thanks Robin, Martijn and moderators. Thanks to all members for participating.

#242 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I've only had 3 posts moderated? Really?
    Seriously never knew all these stats were on here, heh.

I've only had one.

That one was when I posted a funny pic in a basement thread of O-din's. I don't go to that thread anymore.

#247 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

#1 shitstorm generator by far. It's one thing to state your negative opinion towards Stern for example, respectful or not, and another to just do it over and over again, non stop, in every thread that comes up. That is being "dickish", which comes in many forms, sometimes overtly and in your face, sometimes with a subtle BS down vote and sometimes with a general non stop negativity.
    The forum needs to establish a better and more respectful relationship with ALL pin makers. Yes they need to do a whole lot better on many fronts, but there is way too much whining and bitching about everything here versus trying to rectify a situation the right way. First step now is pull out the pitchforks and threaten litigation. That sure makes for a great discussion.
    That's why the "official club" threads are so good.
    Throw the cesspool sniping I hate X manufacturer in the basement or another "complaint section" and try and make everything else like the "official club" threads.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The Dialed In bashing was embarassing. I remember someone recanted and stated that they were disappointed in themselves for piling on. The Dialed In reveal live feed comments were pretty nasty as well and that had nothing to do with Pinside. I turned the comment feed off as well. The ignore feature works well, and the beauty is the poster thinks people have an interest in their cleverness in bashing. Let them post to thin air without knowing it, silent crickets 'cause no one is reading it.

It's kind of funny these two are back to back. Iceman has been pretty vocal of his dislike of Dialed In.

#256 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Merely to point out the over the top Stern bashing and the free pass given to JJP at times. Been there and done that for many years with Woz.
    Make it all "club threads" and it won't happen. Constructive criticism is one thing. I also don't create non stop bashing threads or posts re JJP.
    But i agree, need to separate the "bitchfest" threads with the positive ones.

I'm not trying to single you out but trying to illustrate we should all look inward for improvement in the positive or negative perception of pinside.

I've been critical of DI's theme, B66's price, Alien's delays and MG's... well everything MG but I have been trying to lay off the critcism after I've expressed my opinion.

I still check out the B66 thread to look at the cool mods people make and to hear their enthusiasm for new code. Pinball is still fun if you let it.

#320 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

That would be a cool feature I know I have wanted to see where my downvotes received were from and what statement I made to acquire them.

Downvotes really should not offend people. It's not that big of a deal.

#323 7 years ago
    Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Had to down vote it.

I was expecting it.

#335 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

So that's why I think Crazy Levi

oh geez...

#336 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I frequent another forum where all cuss words just become *****!!*@*@*#* sort of stuff.
    I like the idea of Flowers. Daffodils. Bearded Ibis.

I remember Moe calling Curly a "pussy willow head" so that could work.

#350 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

As to the latter: coming into a thread with the title "Who likes [fill in the whatever here]" and interrupting the supposed 'lovefest' with why [that whatever] sucks is the epitome of "not being nice". It's incredibly... poopy is what it is.

This is totally off topic but that thread title was kind of a trick. By asking in the question in the title I felt he wanted opinions on why Premiers were or were not loved. It seemed like I wasn't the only one because many others gave their opinions on the matter. When it was stated that it was more like a club thread, many people understood and backed out including Levi but you seemed to only take offense to his posting and have brought this matter into a separate thread.

Isn't that a sort of stalking or trolling? If you're looking for people to pile on, this isn't the thread. I think you've misunderstood.

#371 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Had to down vote this based simply in disagreement

That's alright. I can take it.

#406 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Well, I for one greatly appreciate pinside trying to make the place better. I hope it does become more of a place of respectful and insightful discourse and look forward to hopefully being a part of it again.

Well look who decided to show up. Nice to see you around.

#408 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

hey just so you know, in NY, the only way to qualify was the Superleague scam (RIP as of last week). Players in NY who didn't partake in it - or didn't live near Modern Pinball - could simply never qualify for NY SCS.
    It is the Modern Championship, but next year, the best players from throughout the Empire State will be represented.

What was the deal with superleague anymore? I've forgotten.

#541 7 years ago

I also disagree.

#638 7 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

So have locations been removed so we can all finally be one world, one pinside, united by coke and a toke? Or did I flub a clickbox somewhere? Frakking touch UI's.

I wish they were still in business so folks would quit bitching that Pinside gangs up on poor lil' ol' Stern, and Jack, and B/W Fanbros, and those weirdos who like Ataris and EMs.

I checked my settings and everybody should be seeing my location.

#640 7 years ago

The Gottlieb/Premiere thread really should have been a club thread with a title like "Gottlieb/Premiere Lovefest Club". That would have solved a lot of problems.

I mean I love those cheesy Premiers but it seemed like any dissent to the "groupthink", as Cornelius likes to call it, wasn't welcome.

Oh well. It seemed to be worked out. I'm not sure why we can't let it go.

#642 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I cant see anything for locations on anybody either...must have been taken off of main avatar splash. If I click on someone It is there, just not displayed by avatar on each post.

I just realized what your avatar is. I love Showbiz Pizza memorabilia.

#648 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Showbiz rocked! I remember when things went chuck e cheese...but I was young so didn't probably have an opinion then. Lol.
    Nobody has ever noticed my avatar! The pic is too dang small, but the ad makes me laugh so much that I never wanted to change it.

There's been a couple table tops with the characters on them and cool signs show up on ebay this past year. I really had to hold myself back to buy them. They were also pretty close which made it tough.

#651 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Well we just made another post about it, so...

Last one. I promise.

#652 7 years ago

I have to find a little kid to take me to Chuck E Cheese. Someone told me an adult can't go in without a kid.

We never had a Chuck E's close. Just a Mr. Gatti's but the don't have a robot band.

#732 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Does it ever get at your goat if you see that "ignored user" has been the one down voting a lot of your posts and you can't do anything about it? Or does it just stop bothering you where you dont even care about that any more after a while? Honestly asking...

I've noticed some people who down vote everything one person says and imo it doesn't reflect badly on the person receiving the down vote. The down voter seems petty and overly sensitive and their opinion is less important to me.

There's no need to be defensive as smart and experienced pinsiders will figure out who's in the wrong if you're nice and courteous.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.