Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement of "the purge". Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #37 Robin clarifies the ideas/intent behind this announcement. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This forum is all kinds of fun with great contributors and very helpful information. Once you've been in certain groups long enough, you seem to know the regulars pretty well and can even consider them friends. Part of the fun is giving each other a hard time and goading one another. Outsiders may perceive as hate, but insiders know that its all in clean fun and enjoy the sparring.
    Just concerned that this element will be removed from the forums without any consideration of what is really going on.

If giving people a hard time and being a smartass gets you on the list, then I'm at the top of the list. Nice knowing y'all.

#544 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Three weeks after it was reported, people are jumping on it today? That's disingenuous at best.
    This is exactly what I was getting at in my initial post: inconsistent moderation creates some of the chaos here.

You brought it to our attention today, and we went back and are looking into it/trying to fix it. I'll tell you that at least one was in the middle of a swath of reports on a hot topic thread and just got lost in the mix. I promise we're not saying you are lying and we're not trying to run and cover anything up... we're just few and far between these days and doing the best we can. We've all got full time jobs, family, and lives to work around, and can't be on Pinside all the time. Thank you very much for reporting the issue though, seriously, as there's no way we see things otherwise. Feel free to open a mod feedback thread if you really need to bring something to our attention, and we'll do the best we can. I'm in the middle of doing some catching up on the outstanding verification and feedback threads right now to make sure we're caught up there.

I'll speak for myself and say that I've barely been here lately between a chronically ill husband and my dad having a heart attack last week. The last thing I want to do after a full day of work/stopping by the hospital is get online in the evening or spend my lunch break trying to play babysitter for grown adults bickering over expensive toys. Pinball in general is no fun sometimes when all the news seems to be delays, lawsuits, ripoffs, and messed up NIB machines, and even less fun when it's your job to try to clean up all the mess and make this place suitable and fun for everyone. Of course there's going to be disagreements and differing of opinions, but we're adults here and should at least try to act like it.

If anyone wants to volunteer to sign up as a moderator, please raise your hand and let us know. There are no benefits, there is no pay, and you get to have people hate you and tell you how much you (and therefore Pinside because of your lack of moderating) suck.

#770 7 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

(On our very first date, I took Julie out to see Street Fighter the Movie, starring Jean Claude Van Damme. She didn't instantly leave me, so I married her.
    Poor girl).

Husband rushed through his proposal because he had opening night tickets to Star Trek Nemesis. Sigh. Pinball/nerd wives much be a special bunch.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.