Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement of "the purge". Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #37 Robin clarifies the ideas/intent behind this announcement. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#934 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

It's just hard for me to believe that adults would rather use the report button rather than the ignore button.
    Actually, it's not that hard to believe.

No kidding. Adults tattletelling instead of just ignoring, or better yet one upping them. Their kids are snowflakes to everyone, but them lol

#939 7 years ago

If you get so worked up and hope for a purge, or feel you can't control your own postings, on a toy forum, you have issues unrelated to toys or the forum.

#941 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Someone that doesn't matter to me.
    It just gets old after a while when he supposedly put me on ignore over a year ago. Where's that "broken record" warning they like to hand out?

Obviously it does matter to you, or you wouldn't need mom and dad to step in. Have you put them on ignore? I'm guessing not.

#943 7 years ago

Well you have tools to deal with it, why rely on the mode when you can do it yourself?

#973 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle. And I think this might go back to being considered over-bearing. This forum has some very outspoken opinionated people who post a lot. It all comes down to there is a time and place to say things. Let me give a couple of examples I have come across over the last week or so (odin, im using you as an example cause they pop up in my mind first, if this pisses you off and you want me to delete this post just say so, this is in no way an attack on you)
    On the NIB Metallica damage thread, there was a lot of back and forth and it has sort of simmered down. Today I noticed odin posted a link to metallica's song damage inc, while I understand the humor and the irony, it was total unnessacary. You have an op who is upset that his new game showed up with damage, and in this case I see this as poking the bear for no reason, aka trolling.
    Another example, ive seen odin post his dislike for aerosmith for a while now (I think since before the game even shipped) and ive even called him out on it a few times. The theme is to old for him, he doesn't like the art, doesn't like the shots. That's all good, but here is an example for time and place. Recently I saw him go into the aerosmith owners club (clubs are usually where owners of games like to post mods, strategys, are in general very proud of their game etc etc) and saying how he played two balls and walked away from the machine and hated it and it was terrible. I find all of that fine as a far as posting, however I think its the incorrect thread to post it in. People should be able to have a thread about their machine without other people pooping in it saying how bad it is. If someone posted a thread called "whats your opinion on aerosmith" that's the perfect place for it and totally warrented, along with people who post stuff like "this game freaking blows, id rather stab myself in the eye with a soldering iron".
    On the other side ive seen odin post a lot of good info and helpful info so there are two sides to every coin, its just timing and placement.

Nailed it. O Din is quick with a meme or reference that can be disrepectful to the creator or those participating in a thread.

#978 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

O-din does that, but he's far from the only one. And if O-din does something like that and it bothers you, wouldn't putting him on ignore solve the problem for you?
    (And yes, solve the problem FOR YOU. it doesn't matter if so-and-so doesn't feel like that's enough; so-and-so can ignore them too)

Not a problem for me, it's the internet and their is not a thing a person could do or say that could offend me. In fact I like many of his references, but to see him complaining to the mode about someone else is somewhat hilarious.

1 month later
    #1080 6 years ago

That dude is nuts...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.