Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement of "the purge". Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Post #37 Robin clarifies the ideas/intent behind this announcement. Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

in my opinion, thumbs down helps people express their disagreement with someone without filling the thread up with more posts whose only purpose are to disagree with a prior post, most of which would only be re-iterating what someone else said anyway.

I find most of the people who even care enough to leave a downvote generally tend to chime in. Some of my favorite people here are the ones who are too technologically incompetent (or possibly just don't care) to even recognize the system exists but are filled with a wealth of pinball information, usually the same kind of people who don't really go into the off-topic sections at all and just talk pinball - the more "classic" folk.

Sure they may have no clue how to set a profile picture, or type IN ALL CAPS/all lowercase, but they'll get your game fixed in 5 minutes.

Quoted from pincil8:

Does this MEAN all the "d!cks" have to pull out?

Preventing Pinside babies daily

#260 7 years ago

The cause of 90% of drama here is people pre-ordering brand new games. Seriously.

See, that's why I love my EMs. They're finished, no code updates, and if you have any complaints you're gonna need a ouija board. I guess they give a good lesson on pinball too, "if you don't like, don't buy!"... The EM community simply avoids buying games they don't like let alone spending a MASSIVE 6-8 grand on one, those EMs are truly never changing obviously, "you get what you get", even the new ones aren't going to massively change in a reasonable amount of time, too many people get screwed because they buy these new games before they are done.

Then people on here battle over who's fault it is (thus creating MORE drama), the buyer for being an idiot for sending companies very guilty of bad practices money vs. the company being terrible and selling games like that. It's probably both. But nobody can ever agree on that. And of course when you have 8k into a game and you're unhappy you're gonna be angry as hell, and that is the source of most of the drama around here.

People need more patience. People are too stuck up on being one of the first guys to own one of these shiny new adult toys (sounds dirty, unintended) and they end up screwing themselves over on it, and at this point Stern (and others) basically have a giant sign around its neck that says "WE ARE FAR FROM PERFECT AND IF YOU BUY A GAME FROM US WITHIN A YEAR OF RELEASE YOU WILL PROBABLY BE DISAPPOINTED" yet people keep jumping in on games and end up disappointed - surprise! Of course then they feel inclined to complain, which they probably are, and then it fills the forum up with that junk we hear over and over again because if five playfields flake, 100 are going to, so we hear it from nearly everybody who owns one of those new machines.

If people could just wait a year after a new game comes out (fully released and shipping, not a year after pre-order openings) to buy:

- You know what to expect
    - Code would be further along
    - You can actually have realistic expectations, as much as we'd love it these companies are clearly not owning up to the product cost
    - You can still buy new-in-box
    - Bugs in hardware will be worked out (mechs, cabinet issues, playfield issues, better design changes)
    - Possibly cheaper price
    - Games will actually be shipping and you can be sure your game won't be stuck in some other country somewhere (which is happening right now) or that some guy won't run off with all of your money (which has happened before to many)
    - And if you're still not happy with the state of the game after a year of being released (or it hasn't released) that is probably a telltate sign you should stay away from buying it and don't look back

But noooooooooo, people keep pre-ordering games and then come here to cry when they get screwed over time and time again. And yes, at $6,000 - $12,000, that is the absolute LAST thing you should be having to deal with because that is a stupidly high amount of money and yes you should be allowed to voice your situation/concerns at that point, but that doesn't mean it isn't how it is!

We need a section for this kind of thing that needs to be heavily moderated and toggable off for the rest of us who don't want to see that kind of junk.

#352 7 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

i do... keep the paper & pad right next to the pc. each user with a list of X's by their names.
    so then... years down the road when they least expect it...

Pinfest 2017, some guy: "Ahh, fuck, I just dropped a WOZ on my foot! Help me out labnip!"

labnip: "Are you kidding me? You downvoted two of my posts three years ago!"

#692 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not with you around.

Gotta love the Titanic band going down with the ship

MsxsV29.gifMsxsV29.gif

#706 7 years ago

I've never even seen two of them. Extra spooky.

Cue:

1 month later
    #846 7 years ago

Bzzzzt...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.