Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 22.
    #401 7 years ago

Hey congrats on all those upvotes SHOOTTHEPYRAMID !

I guess I'm not wanted here.

#402 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Well, I for one greatly appreciate pinside trying to make the place better. I hope it does become more of a place of respectful and insightful discourse and look forward to hopefully being a part of it again.

Naw, you'll still be able to talk down to everyone

#403 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Hey congrats on all those upvotes shootthepyramid !
    I guess I'm not wanted here.

You're a fine person, I enjoy many of your posts, you just need to get over the Levi thing man. Don't fight the good fight, just relax

EDIT: Edit sorry 2 posts in a row

#404 7 years ago

Well, I for one greatly appreciate pinside trying to make the place better. I hope it does become more of a place of respectful and insightful discourse and look forward to hopefully being a part of it again.

Thank you for LOTR!

#406 7 years ago

Well look who decided to show up. Nice to see you around.

#407 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You're a fine person, I enjoy many of your posts, you just need to get over the Levi thing man. Don't fight the good fight, just relax
    EDIT: Edit sorry 2 posts in a row

I'm a lightning rod for people to get upvotes over. Congrats SHOOTTHEPYRAMID , you won the popularity contest.

#408 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

hey just so you know, in NY, the only way to qualify was the Superleague scam (RIP as of last week). Players in NY who didn't partake in it - or didn't live near Modern Pinball - could simply never qualify for NY SCS.
    It is the Modern Championship, but next year, the best players from throughout the Empire State will be represented.

What was the deal with superleague anymore? I've forgotten.

#409 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

They get double dick points for league but they sucked out a Stern bonus multiplier that take the scores up 10X!
    Then they pay monies and get more <----I MADE THAT UP

Quoted from Cornelius:

I'm a lightning rod for people to get upvotes over. Congrats shootthepyramid , you won the popularity contest.

Haha shootthepyramid winning popularity contest...WOW thats news to me as well

#410 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha shootthepyramid winning popularity contest...WOW thats news to me as well

Talk ish about how you would really love to like the ol' firebrand but you just can't_? Guaranteed upvotes. Congrats on pushing the envelope, @shootthepyramid. I hope to one day say hi to you at a tournament / Expo.

#411 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Talk ish about how you would really love to like the ol' firebrand but you just can't_? Guaranteed upvotes. Congrats on pushing the envelope, shootthepyramid. I hope to one day say hi to you at a tournament / Expo.

Do you ever just let it go? The world isn't against you, yet you seem to have a major chip on your shoulder.

#412 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Do you ever just let it go? The world isn't against you, yet you seem to have a major chip on your shoulder.

Really? I just got lectured about what a sh!tty poster I am. I guess I'm not passionate enough pinball as all of you are.

#413 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Really? I just got lectured about what a sh!tty poster I am. I guess I'm not passionate enough pinball as all of you are.

What are you talking about? No such thing as a shitty poster unless you are talking about Odin.

Jk, Odiner, you are the best!

#414 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What are you talking about? No such thing as a shitty poster unless you are talking about Odin.

What am I talking about? I'm talking about the gangbang of upvotes everyone else gets when they talk sh!t about me. Even Crazy Levi, who I'm not allowed to say anything bad about lest I get downvoted and / or banned, gets in on the action.

This place is a popularity contest.

#415 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

HOLD ON HOLD THE FUCK ON
    EDIT: ha...had to get your attention. Anyway, the world is a popularity contest....it's the thread that keeps the whole world running.
    But i digress...Jump in the Way-Back machine and lets head 4 years back to this....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit/page/2#post-187517

#416 7 years ago

Huge positive already! Keith is possibly back in the house.

#418 7 years ago

Nothing but love for you guys!

IMG_0257 (resized).JPGIMG_0257 (resized).JPG

IMG_0258 (resized).JPGIMG_0258 (resized).JPG

#419 7 years ago

OK You "Animals"!

Time to behave in the "House" or else!

animal_house (resized).jpganimal_house (resized).jpg

#420 7 years ago

Sorry Chadderrack i love you but cant take sycophant shit

#421 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

What am I talking about? I'm talking about the gangbang of upvotes everyone else gets when they talk sh!t about me. Even Crazy Levi, who I'm not allowed to say anything bad about lest I get downvoted and / or banned, gets in on the action.

You can't be serious. I think you are just messing with people right now. Cue up the Stripes video and "lighten up Francis".

#422 7 years ago

r2 (resized).jpegr2 (resized).jpeg

R1 (resized).jpegR1 (resized).jpeg

#423 7 years ago

I'm tired of pinball. Just fighting games from now on.

#424 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Cue up the Stripes video

Can we at least agree that "Stripes" is the most overrated classic comedy?

Quoted from Cornelius:

I'm tired of pinball. Just fighting games from now on.

Hmmm corny a Gingy...didnt see that cumming

#425 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Can we at least agree that "Stripes" is the most overrated classic comedy?

Sorry. Ghostbusters is that way.

#426 7 years ago

Adios Mr. Douglas from Falling Down!

#427 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry. Ghostbusters is that way.

Yeah but at least Stripes was a better pinball machine

Quoted from iceman44:

Adios Mr. Douglas from Falling Down!

That was a GREAT movie...joel fucking Shucmacker can you believe it?

#428 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah but at least Stripes was a better pinball machine

#429 7 years ago

Iceman Ghostf******s was THE WORST machine I've ever ownd....and I've owned King Kool

#430 7 years ago

That crazy bastard Corny shooting the finger has to rank right up there in what i'm not sure but....wow

Even a certain someone else wouldn't air what he had to say.

I'm am seriously LMFAO right now.

#431 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Iceman Ghostf******s was THE WORST machine I've ever ownd....and I've owned King Kool

You are spending WAY too much time in the Cannibus club thread my man!

#432 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry Chadderrack i love you but cant take sycophant shit

Sorry it's just that on a league night when I got pounded in the pills by the #2 and #3 ranked players in the state, I thought a little positivity might help things. Seems I keep taking shots to the joint, though.

Keith's a big boy, though... I'll bet comments like "you can still talk down to everyone" didn't offend him too much.

#433 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Keith's a big boy, though... I'll bet comments like "you can still talk down to people" didn't offend him too much.

Well at least you didn't get too sycophant(ic?) there

Quoted from chadderack:

I got pounded in the pills by the #2 and #3 ranked players in the state,

HOLY SHIT dude...seriously all the best Utah players where there?!?!?! It's a fucking jo0ke people...everyone relax.

#434 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well at least you didn't get too sycophant(ic?) there

HOLY SHIT dude...seriously all the best Utah players where there?!?!?! It's a fucking jo0ke people...everyone relax.

Who's not relaxed?

#435 7 years ago

Oh for

Quoted from iceman44:That crazy bastard Corny shooting the finger has to rank right up there in what i'm not sure but....wow
    Even a certain someone else wouldn't air what he had to say.

I don't know what you mean.

IMG_0322 (resized).JPGIMG_0322 (resized).JPG

#436 7 years ago

Your eyes are scaring me now Corn!

You need to put the tilt bob in the machine. It's about to shake off the legs right now.

What are you drinking?

#437 7 years ago

lol Stella Artois.

And my nephew constantly getting mad at these pinball machines! Hahaha

#438 7 years ago

Ok, bomb diffused. Wipe the slate clean and start all over again tomorrow. It's a new day! Progress made.

Maybe i need to be a MODERATOR with my special skill set? Impossible job

#439 7 years ago

Welcome back, Keith.

#441 7 years ago

So on the list of things you can report a violation for is 'inflammatory' that has been there that whole time.. I thought this was the trolling/stirring the one one but never saw anything happen / moderation result from the few times I reported a post with that criteria, nor have I ever seen that lists as a reason for moderation

Now we have that AND trolling (the same thing to me) as reportable offense .. I assume both are now being looked at more seriously?

#442 7 years ago

facts (resized).jpgfacts (resized).jpg

#443 7 years ago

Yikes!

It was another freakish 70 degrees February evening and I was so hot I couldn't sleep...but nice to see I wasn't the only one melting down last night.

#444 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yikes!
    It was another freakish 70 degrees February evening and I was so hot I couldn't sleep...but nice to see I wasn't the only one melting down last night.

What? Too cheap to turn on the A/C?

#445 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

What? Too cheap to turn on the A/C?

It's at a storage space for the "winter"!!!!

#446 7 years ago

I have had my a/c on in Feb....I am in Chicago. It was just the other day when we hit 73 degrees. It was so damn humid in the house that I couldn't sleep. Turned the A/C for about 45 minutes and all was good. Also means the damn thing is ready to roll for another season!

I might be nuts, but I was comfortable!

#447 7 years ago

Seems like Pinside hasn't been moderated in quite a while. I see so many infractions against the Pinside guidelines that used to be moderated and no longer aren't.

(sigh, this isn't a criticism of the moderators, just pointing out a fact)

#448 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Basically Modern has foot traffic that no other pinball arcade with a league can match...and somehow (nobody can really say how, which is why in the end the league was shut down and thousands of WPPRs disappeared into a black hole), around 100 players a month were "signing up" to play in the league. This meant monthly (and at one point weekly) WPPR bonanzas worth about the same as a freaking circuit event. The same 16 people who were actual regular league players would "qualify" (which was just a formality) and would end up raking in obscene amounts of points in the "finals", regardless of what place they finished in. These same 16 people would battle it out for states every year. If you didn't partake in the scam (like me), or didn't live close enough (like hundreds of others) you were left behind. A small handful of these players were top players, but some of them, quite honestly, were amateurs, and they'd play for the NY States title every season.

One result is that a player who literally had ZERO other "tournaments" on his card could made it into the top 50 worldwide rankings (right ahead of Lyman Sheats at one point), where without the benefit of the "league" he wouldn't have been in the top 500.

#449 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The recommendation to retain up and down votes, but hide our Avatars sounds like a Winner to me, and
    I feel a sure fire way to cut back on the drama, with minimal work.
    Can anyone think of a reason to keep it this way?
    How about just hide the down vote avatars, and keep the up votes?

I think it helps to know who's downvoting you. Say you give technical advice & someone downvotes it. If it's a long-time member who know their shit, you can assume they're correct.
    I don't care about being downvoted, but I'd like to see what posts of mine were so I can tell if I gave bad advice. If I don't know it's bad, I'm going to give the same advice again.

#450 7 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

I think it helps to know who's downvoting you. Say you give technical advice & someone downvotes it. If it's a long-time member who know their shit, you can assume they're correct.
    I don't care about being downvoted, but I'd like to see what posts of mine were so I can tell if I gave bad advice. If I don't know it's bad, I'm going to give the same advice again.

Why would you downvote a mistake in a tech thread?

You wouldn't, as it wouldn't be helpful at all. You'd make a short post correcting the response and explaining how to do the repair properly. Hardly anybody even posts here in repair threads - it's the last place a downvote will "reduce clutter."

People need to stop pretending downvoting serves any other purpose than piling on, picking a fight, backing up someone else's soon-to-be moderated post so you don't have to break the rules yourself, or, of course, outright stalking. Whether or not any of these things really serves the community here is a matter of opinion.

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.