Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.
    #351 7 years ago

What happens if someone drains this thread & puts all the moderators on ignore?

THUNDERDOME!

JK. Dont ban me. Not until I find my next game.

#352 7 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

i do... keep the paper & pad right next to the pc. each user with a list of X's by their names.
    so then... years down the road when they least expect it...

Pinfest 2017, some guy: "Ahh, fuck, I just dropped a WOZ on my foot! Help me out labnip!"

labnip: "Are you kidding me? You downvoted two of my posts three years ago!"

#353 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Pinfest 2017, some guy: "Ahh, fuck, I just dropped a WOZ on my foot! Help me out labnip!"
    labnip: "Are you kidding me? You downvoted two of my posts three years ago!"

exactamundo

y'all just reminded me it's time to check it twice !

true story: i worked at a game company in 96 (making playstation games), and the guy in office next to me kept a naughty & nice list in his desk. everyone knew it was there. someone finally checked it out one day when he was gone to see who was on which list, and they said next to my name was "unknown" I'd worked there a year already.

santa-claus-list-1 (resized).jpgsanta-claus-list-1 (resized).jpg

#354 7 years ago

Start purging the people that don't even care enough to donate to the site

#355 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Start purging the people that don't even care enough to donate to the site

Better yet, purge all who have paid and make them pay to get back in

#356 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Better yet, purge all who have paid and make them pay to get back in

$10 per down vote to get back in

#357 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

If this isn't the thread to communicate why you think this purge might not be the greatest and / or fairest idea, please point me in its' direction.

You sure have a hard on for that guy. You mention him in *every* post and this kind of personal animus should be taken to PM's and then you can battle it out. If that's what you are determined to do.

Or better yet... just move on. Life's too short.

Ahh I see you already got booted from the thread. Oh well

#358 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

You mention him in *every* post and this kind of personal animus should be taken to PM's and then you can battle it out. If that's what you are determined to do.
    Or better yet... just move on. Life's too short.

Well the problem is Levi has him blocked so he cant PM him. But anyway yes the main point is to move on. Cornelious doens; t like to block people and I get that, but sometimes you just have to because it cuts into your fun. I've done it once for someone on here whom was completely and utterly insane; and it helped.
    Levi is whom he is, he isn't going to change so just stop trying to make him do it. It's like the price police; they show up an mention something and then the freedom fighters bitch aboot it but it just makes the whole thing worse.

#359 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

This is exactly what I was afraid of: people who know the dude and need to be like "oh but he's so wonderful IRL, you must be a troll to disagree with him!"

Never met him IRL, just from here... easy to see he's a normal NY dude. Can't believe he gets under your skin so much. Don't like him, don't read him.. simple.

#360 7 years ago

Well....the gif didnt work.....damn....

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#361 7 years ago
    Quoted from flippersandballs:

Only 30 days? People rarely change.

That is true. One person banned permanently was finally left back in. Promptly attacked me on his return.

LTG : )

#362 7 years ago

It seems like some people are really sensitive about being downvoted. A quick fix would be to keep the downvote tally and the resulting sum (upvotes - downvotes) that's shown in the pop bumper, but hide the list of who downvoted a post. (You'd have to display some indication to the current user whether or not they downvoted the post, so they can change their mind or correct an errant mouse click.) Nothing good really comes out of displaying who's been down-voting whom, because it's used as anything from "Sir, I most respectfully disagree" to "I'm going to come and find you in meatspace, and blankety-blank your blankety-blank!!!".

#363 7 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Only three people in my ignore file and it makes the place so much better. If only they were actually gone and not stirring up hate and discontent with others...

Self-righteousness and bragging about ignoring people just shows your true colors. We get it already!

#364 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

This is totally off topic but that thread title was kind of a trick. By asking in the question in the title I felt he wanted opinions on why Premiers were or were not loved. It seemed like I wasn't the only one because many others gave their opinions on the matter. When it was stated that it was more like a club thread, many people understood and backed out including Levi but you seemed to only take offense to his posting and have brought this matter into a separate thread.
    Isn't that a sort of stalking or trolling? If you're looking for people to pile on, this isn't the thread. I think you've misunderstood.

Had to down vote this based simply in disagreement as to the clarity of a thread title.....the premier one in uqestion says who here loves xxx. Not DO you love xxx.

As far as people backing down when it was clarified-yes, some did.....some did not till way later (like on purpose) I.e. after they were ejected from thread and lost interest finally...

As far as cornelius being wrong to drag that into this thread-now you are just as guilty....and.. well....now so am I.

Not trying to stir it up, really not....

I guess just pointing out the use of thumbs up/down can sometimes be enough to show you agree or disagree...other times people may want to further explain.

Thanks for listening all.

#365 7 years ago

The

Quoted from guyincognito:It seems like some people are really sensitive about being downvoted. A quick fix would be to keep the downvote tally and the resulting sum (upvotes - downvotes) that's shown in the pop bumper, but hide the list of who downvoted a post. (You'd have to display some indication to the current user whether or not they downvoted the post, so they can change their mind or correct an errant mouse click.) Nothing good really comes out of displaying who's been down-voting whom, because it's used as anything from "Sir, I most respectfully disagree" to "I'm going to come and find you in meatspace, and blankety-blank your blankety-blank!!!".

I ssuggested a while ago to remove down vote completely.
    Suggestion was then mass down voted
    It would be nice to think i set a recordred there

#366 7 years ago

The first people to go are the ones that bounce around calling others trolls, threatening to ignore them, and then repeatedly bragging about who they ignore.

They are the biggest cancer of this website IMO.

Edit- it aint cool.

#367 7 years ago

CeR2iu6UYAAEZKQ (resized).jpgCeR2iu6UYAAEZKQ (resized).jpg

#368 7 years ago

who's that?

#369 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

as far as I know, we are all banned from playing it, lol.

It? You mean them.
    LOL

#370 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It? You mean them.
    LOL

Well it is a 2 player, but I only have one of them. Would be sweet to somehow link them up for 4 player action though!

P2230240 (resized).JPGP2230240 (resized).JPG

#371 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Had to down vote this based simply in disagreement

That's alright. I can take it.

#372 7 years ago

First they purged the Trolls, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Troll.
    Then they purged the Price Police, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not in the Price Police.
    Then they purged the Downvoters, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Downvoter.
    Then they stopped purging— because all of the problems had been solved.

#373 7 years ago

What is this bullshit man? I don't fucking care! It don't matter to Jesus.
    1134637877_f (resized).jpg1134637877_f (resized).jpg

#374 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't be a Dick. Everyone can comprehend this. If someone's a dick to you, converse with them about it in PM. Best way to get these pissing matches to stop is to not respond to the first person that pisses.
    If you have even the slightest worry that your comment will be read the wrong way, don't post it.
    If someone downvotes you, that means they disagreed with your post. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Read the tech forums and help others.
    If you don't like a game that is coming out from any particular company, post your opinions in a respectful manner. Don't ruin it for the people excited about the game.
    That's all I got.

Hey hey hey hey hey....

Would you stop all that "rational thought", "level-headedness" and "making sense" shit?

Geez. Trolls have to eat too.

#375 7 years ago

Funny how many people with relatively short pinside account activity can have such long winded and strong opinions.

Let's make sure to do a little homework before taking sides and feeling a banned person is really not that bad or deserves another chance.

The latest qoute from Chris stating I have already been off for over a year is another complete lie. He had many bogus accounts which finally forced Robin and team to do that verification feature. It's because of guys like that and many others that turned descent folks looking elsewhere. If he has already been purged it's only been a few weeks.

People get into many heated debates and many strong opinions due to mood but I usually just state something once and move on. Try not to guild the lily so often.

And the way you post can also set a tone. Like the Grammer police!
    There was a long and super educational thread about a ton of wrongs that someone accumulated and then gave examples and explained the correct way to write. I read every word and tried hard to be gooder. Of course that is still ongoing for me. That was an RGP from good old days when it was really much like Pinside is trying hard to stay.

I can honestly say many folks can vouch for and stick up for pretty crummy people just because they had a few laughs together at some time or just live close by and want to not offend a neighbor. Take jumping on popularity wagons with a grain of salt and read between the lines.

Thanks moderators and pinside friends!!

#376 7 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I would start the list with the most "ignored" members.

That's not exactly a good indicator. I tell people all the time to put me on ignore that I've had frequent repeat issues with, but only been moderated 3 times. Do I deserve to be banned because I don't genuinely care if they see my posts or not?

#377 7 years ago

Flower you all!! I'm going to bed!

#378 7 years ago

The recommendation to retain up and down votes, but hide our Avatars sounds like a Winner to me, and
    I feel a sure fire way to cut back on the drama, with minimal work.

Can anyone think of a reason to keep it this way?

How about just hide the down vote avatars, and keep the up votes?

#379 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

This is exactly what I was afraid of: people who know the dude and need to be like "oh but he's so wonderful IRL, you must be a troll to disagree with him!"
    I outlined two completely valid reasons as to why he is being dangerously disingenuous for the good of Pinside in this thread, and I get "bubububu don't start your personal vendettas in here!". My discussion = your personal vendetta. Unless you're just shucking and jiving for upvotes, and honestly, like 90% of yawl are doing that.

I downvote you all the time not out of personal vendetta, but because you are always placing yourself above other pinsiders, whom you are quite frankly bullying. You are so obviously the type of pinsider that you are constantly complaining about its beyond ironic. you are always pretending to be a shining example of what pinside should be, but me and you both know that if i showed the moderators our exchange of PM's you would never be allowed on this site again. Your M.O. is to spit vitriol, then play the victim card when someone returns the favor.

im sure youre a great guy in real life, but you are a terrible pinsider. thats the difference between me and you, im attacking your pinside personality, not you as a person. when you disagree with someone, you go right for the neck with vile personal attacks and thats why you get so many downvotes. id hate for you to be booted, so i just thought id clear up (at least from my end) why you usually receive negative feedback.

#380 7 years ago

Hey what did I miss?

Just having a nice dinner with the misus and polishing up the old trophy shelf!

IMG_4635 (resized).JPGIMG_4635 (resized).JPG

#381 7 years ago

Nothing a little LIONMAN! couldn't make better.

#382 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I tell people all the time to put me on ignore

I doubt you have nearly as many ignores as the well known trolls like Oxxx or CxxxxLxxx. The bar could be set pretty high (25?) and miss you while hitting them.

#383 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hide the avatars from both.

#384 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

polishing up the old trophy shelf!

Are those from trolling?

#385 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Are those from trolling?

You know it baby...won in the great Gary Wars of the early 2000s.

#386 7 years ago

Well in other news: It was league night here at the River City Blues club. After 2 good games a total disaster on GB of only 2 mill. I'm still tied for 3rd place in the league.
    PS. This thread is turning into a total pissing match.

IMG_3261 (resized).JPGIMG_3261 (resized).JPG

#387 7 years ago

If it's full of people posting cool pictures of pinball shit I'd say this thread is taking a turn for the better.

Nice roomy setup for games at that place.

#388 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Are those from trolling?

No, they're for running down to South Cakalaka to "get" state champ trophy.

#389 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

This thread is turning into a total pissing match.

I feared it would be a full on a shit show after a few days. It's definitely starting to smell.

#390 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No, they're for running down to South Cakalaka to "get" state champ trophy.

NC was the only state I qualified in - which is fitting as I spend several weeks a year down there near Flippers OBX (been going there for years).

And don't insult the great players of North Carolina and Virginia. There are some excellent players down there.

#391 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NC was the only state I qualified in

My bad...you always talk like you can actually play so I took your word.

#392 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

My bad...you always talk like you can actually play so I took your word.

hey just so you know, in NY, the only way to qualify was the Superleague scam (RIP as of last week). Players in NY who didn't partake in it - or didn't live near Modern Pinball - could simply never qualify for NY SCS.

It is the Modern Championship, but next year, the best players from throughout the Empire State will be represented.

#393 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

hey just so you know, in NY, the only way to qualify was the Superleague scam

Yeah I heard that's a serious shitstorm; Sketchy at best.

#394 7 years ago

Steve Epstein ought to be ashamed.

#395 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Steve Epstein ought to be ashamed.

LOL I don't think Steve is involved anymore, and I don't think anybody really needs to be ashamed, it helped get paying customers there every week. They were never breaking any rules as far as I know, it just took a while for things to change.

#396 7 years ago

If you take a look at the Pinside "Cannabis Club" thread, you'll notice there's never any bickering, trolling, downvoting, or name calling.

This tells me a few select Pinsiders could benefit from a brownie or two.
    #BettyCrocker

#397 7 years ago

Rules are only as good as they are enforced. -LOL

#398 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The recommendation to retain up and down votes, but hide our Avatars sounds like a Winner to me, and
    I feel a sure fire way to cut back on the drama, with minimal work.
    Can anyone think of a reason to keep it this way?

Transparency- it provides its own value and keeps people from complying to the mods all the time about why their post is doenvoted... conspiracy theories.., etc.

When it's in the open... everyone can see it good or bad.

#399 7 years ago

Oh no, this thread was a trap. Those posting have exposed themselves to the first round of audits.

#400 7 years ago

Well, I for one greatly appreciate pinside trying to make the place better. I hope it does become more of a place of respectful and insightful discourse and look forward to hopefully being a part of it again.

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.