Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 22.
    #151 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I had no idea we had "grades" here.....took me a while to find my report card.

Quit bragging Art! Pez approves and i do too. You are one of the voices of reason here, keeping things on an even keel. I am a bit disappointed in that 99% though, i expected a 100%

#152 7 years ago

On pinside a troll is defined as somebody that interrupts a lovefest thread with a contrary opinion, I believe.

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Quit bragging Art! Pez approves and i do too. You are one of the voices of reason here, keeping things on an even keel. I am a bit disappointed in that 99% though, i expected a 100%

i'm not disappointed in Art, i'm pissed at some unnamed 1%.

#154 7 years ago

phase 1: mods get too trigger happy with the ban hammer
    phase 2: pinside community becomes unhappy when new posts are slowed to a crawl
    phase 3: mods recognize what percentage of pinside traffic was created by the power posters they banned
    phase 4: mods ease up
    phase 5: a new wave of shitposters and trolls take advantage of the situation
    phase 6: this thread is remade about one year from now

pinball as a whole is going through a very rough time. over a million dollars stolen from it by liars, the best in the biz having horrendous quality control issues, and many who are new to the hobby and thinking of becoming collectors get nothing but an unwelcome sticker shock that is leaving even seasoned veterans repulsed. This is reflected in the way we talk to each other. were at each others throats, were quick to attack, and as a whole not very happy with the direction our hobby is headed. on top of that, the only place weve found comfort in discussing these issues has a team of mods who are constantly telling us to watch our mouths, watch our behavior, and threatening to kick us out if we dont play by the rules.

i applaud the effort to get pinside back on track, and more focused on pinball, i just think the effort will be in vain because as long as the industry as a whole is as whack-a-doodle-doo as it is now, you cant expect more from a bunch of dissatisfied customers who also have the benefit of anonymity.

mods are allowed to create entire threads about how were all on the chopping block, but if the community has a problem with a mod, it is sequestered to their own echo chamber of feedback threads where only they can read it and dismiss it at their leisure. the double standard is obvious, and the us vs. them mentality is being perpetrated equally by both sides.

just my two cents as an almost daily visitor, who enjoys every minute of it. Pinside is a magical and confusing place that i hope never changes!!!

#155 7 years ago

It just hit me fellas. I have the whole problem solved! It's really simple.

You should have to blow into a breathalyzer attachment on your computer before posting.

The legal limit for drinking and driving I think is .08% (never had a DUI), so you should have to be at least above 1.0% before being allowed to post

Boom boom, problem solved.

#156 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Odiner must have been the teachers pet with that A+ rating.

Funny how I was the only one that got thrown out of class today.

#157 7 years ago

Not about me....I do one thing.

I type my reply, and if I feel its possible to be rude, I walk away, and re read it after a few minutes, before I post.
    or I delete it, feeling content I typed my point, but no one gives a shit anyway.
    Believe me, I have a lot of wrong things said.....you just dont see them.

Is there any way to sense like a hot topic exchange, and put like a time delay on posts?
    Maybe requiring a preview or re-read, before posting?

#158 7 years ago

This is not the first forum on the intranet in fact I ran a BBS in the 80s and when you grow and grow (at this moment 502 members on Pinside, 134 guest and In the past 24 hours, 84 new topics, 2,087 posts and 4,234 of 38,509 Pinsiders logging on.) this normally happens. You get your bad apples that express themselves beyond reasonable opinions.

I've routinely seen the members deemed a nuisance attempt to start their own site and forum with some slow success.

In this case, I hope Pinside flourishes. Being new to pinball I've found learning and contributing has been a huge benefit for myself and my local pinball groups.

#159 7 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

many who are new to the hobby and thinking of becoming collectors get nothing but an unwelcome sticker shock

Agree

#160 7 years ago

Here is a classic and solid video explaining what an internet troll is, for those who asked:

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I type my reply, and if I feel its possible to be rude, I walk away, and re read it after a few minutes, before I post.
    or I delete it, feeling content I typed my point, but no one gives a shit anyway.
    Is there any way to sense like a hot topic exchange, and put like a time delay on posts?

your reputation here has been carefully curated and i appreciate that. the reason you are capable of that is because of a fundamental thoughtfulness and level of empathy you shouldn't take for granted, because not everyone possesses it. there's strength in the ability to walk away and reconsider. Robin and company could implement any arbitrary number of constraints and complications to the rules of posting, but jerks will always wind their way through those types of barriers. there is only so much that can be done from their end. they can't make everyone care as much has you do.

#162 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It just hit me fellas. I have the whole problem solved! It's really simple.
    You should have to blow into a breathalyzer attachment on your computer before posting.
    The legal limit for drinking and driving I think is .08% (never had a DUI), so you should have to be at least above 1.0% before being allowed to post
    Boom boom, problem solved.

Well that certainly would eliminate 90% of YOUR posts

#163 7 years ago

May the Mods be ever in your favor

#164 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

your reputation here has been carefully curated and i appreciate that. the reason you are capable of that is because of a fundamental thoughtfulness and level of empathy you shouldn't take for granted, because not everyone possesses it. there's strength in the ability to walk away and reconsider. Robin and company could implement any arbitrary number of constraints and complications to the rules of posting, but jerks will always wind their way through those types of barriers. there is only so much that can be done from their end. they can't make everyone like you.

Kind of you. Im flattered, and embarrassed.

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I've done the same thing. Amazing how just the act of writing it can do the trick... actually SENDING it really isn't needed.

Haven't done it in a while but you reminded me of this. Saved me from a lot of useless and unnecessary arguments.

#166 7 years ago

eh i should mention i'm a bit drunk. i'd be dishing out hugs cheaper than airballs on ghostbusters.

#167 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Kind of you. Im flattered, and embarrassed.

And I'm creeped out by it

#168 7 years ago

We're getting like a regular cub scout troop around here.

Edit- That pic, it was for like three posts ago. I can't fix it....

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Well that certainly would eliminate 90% of YOUR posts

Actually only 10%, i proposed being over the legal limit BEFORE being allowed to post. I like to have fun. Work is stressful. Hump day, looking forward to the weekend. I don't have the creative juices flowing right now.

#170 7 years ago

o-din your awesome...

#171 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

eh i should mention i'm a bit drunk. i'd be dishing out hugs cheaper than airballs on ghostbusters.

Pull the dart out of your neck Pez!

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from kuelman:

o-din your awesome...

Thanks, but my computer and browser's out of date. Just like most of my collection.

#173 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

A serious question, for those of you who don't have me on ignore:
    What constitutes a troll?

To me the real problem is the broken record. For example;
    Levi says some shit, so you say shit back to levi aboot him always saying shit, that makes everyone post more aboot it etc etc
    Whom's to blame on that one? Not as cut and dry as you'd think.

Quoted from o-din:

Edit- That pic, it was for like three posts ago. I can't fix it....

Yeah pics have been screwed up all day for me. Probably the purge

#174 7 years ago

Damm do you guys know it is official Margarita day...I found out at a local Mexican restaurant earlier this evening.

#175 7 years ago
    Quoted from kuelman:

Damm do you guys know it is official Margarita day...I found out at a local Mexican restaurant earlier this evening.

It's Margarita day every day in the State of Texas. World class margaritas and mexican food!

#176 7 years ago

I totally agree, Pinside use to be a forum full of knowledge, help, and positive criticism. Lately it has been a shit fest with dumb ass topics and a bunch of needless bickering. Get rid of the bad seeds.

#177 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It's Margarita day every day in the State of Texas. World class margaritas and mexican food!

Well we don't all live in Texas but one of my best friends lives in Conroe

#178 7 years ago

I'd post a pic of what I'm drinking, but it probably wouldn't show up until breakfast time.

#179 7 years ago

iceman44 is usually on topic regardless of bac. Usually...

#180 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Levi says some shit, so you say shit back to levi aboot him always saying shit, that makes everyone post more aboot it etc etc
    Whom's to blame on that one? Not as cut and dry as you'd think.

Yeah pics have been screwed up all day for me. Probably the purge

Simple purge rules:

Anybody who uses "aboot"...ever. Is that some odd Canuck reference? It confuses me

Anybody that uses "immersive" more than once.

#181 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Simple purge rules:
    Anybody who uses "aboot"...ever. Is that some odd Canuck reference? It confuses me
    Anybody that uses "immersive" more than once.

I'm the only one to say aboot and I've been doing it since before you where here buddy! To make a rule just against me would be racist.

But totally agree on the Immersive thing...worse than "World under glass." Fucking vomit.

#182 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And then there's people you have literally had on "ignore" for months...haven't responded to them, haven't posted about them, haven't read a THING they've said for months. They can't send you a PM because you've blocked them, and they know this.

And they continue to stalk, and obsess, desperately hoping they can bait you back into a fight, hoping you'll notice enough "ignored user comments" or downvotes to get drawn back in.

This kind of thing is obviously not conducive to the kind of environment they are trying to create here. People should respect when others don't want to have anything to do with them - it really should be a basic tenet of making things work around here.

#183 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And then there's people you have literally had on "ignore" for months...haven't responded to them, haven't posted about them, haven't read a THING they've said for months.
    And they continue to stalk, and obsess, desperately hoping they can bait you back into a fight.

hmm, how do you know they're stalking and obsessing over you if you have them on ignore?

#184 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

how do you know they're stalking and obsessing over you if you have them on ignore?

And they continue to stalk, and obsess, desperately hoping they can bait you back into a fight, hoping you'll notice enough "ignored user comments" or downvotes to get drawn back in. It's really impossible to erase somebody from your pinside experience if they refuse to call off the dogs.

#185 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And they continue to stalk, and obsess, desperately hoping they can bait you back into a fight.

Totally agree. I've had that one myself; I call it "the brazilian."

#186 7 years ago

i dont see the issue with banning people who are ignorant to other people. most of us are on here for the love/enjoyment of this hobby. i would probably spend more time on here if there was less drama and bs.

#187 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Boom boom

What a HYPOCRITE .....I am for even quoting this as drunk as I am.

#188 7 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

What a HYPACRITE .....I am for even quoting this as drunk as I am.

It's a solid idea.

#189 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinsideTroll:

i dont see the issue with banning people who are ignorant to other people. most of us are on here for the love/enjoyment of this hobby. i would probably spend more time on here if there was less drama and bs.

The ignore feature is a great thing.

#190 7 years ago

how many shots does it take to get above .08?

#191 7 years ago

probably 3 in a hour give or take some for weight. I assume more since you're a pinsider.

#192 7 years ago

Im not sure maybe you could run a scientific test for us..

#193 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

probably 3 in a hour give or take some for weight. I assume more since you're a pinsider.

wait, there is beer involved too

#194 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

LOL. Hugs right back at cha!

#195 7 years ago

i dont see the issue with banning people who are ignorant to other people.

That might get rid of just about everybody.

#196 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Drunk Riker going on and on about Imzadi

#197 7 years ago

I agree to disagree and have baited and taken the bait have instigated with humor and headbutting known when to walk away and to run isn't pinball supposed to be fun some trash talk is fine but don't go way over the line

#198 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Drunk Riker going on and on about Imzadi

haha. this is my favorite drunk trek scene though.

#199 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

iceman44 is usually on topic regardless of bac. Usually...

It just comes out differently sometimes depending on level of BACtrack. Had to look that one up! Pretty cool device. But, if I start drinking, the odds of going over .08 are about 100%, thus no need for it.

#200 7 years ago

Good chat tonight fellas. Great ideas, main culprit diagnosed. An industry and hobby with a bunch of dissatisfied customers currently, looking for a place to vent and commiserate with others that feel the same way.

Hopefully just a temporary clash of Positive and Negative forces. Stern does better with QC, JJP starts shipping DI, Heighway keeps shipping Alien, Homepin, P3, AP, etc.....

And Kulek and Jpop exit stage left. Major negative energy and source of anger and frustration.

Better times are ahead for pinball and Pinside as a result!

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.