Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
    #1051 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Oh damn.....30 days......guess he WAS on the "list"

Funny thing about message boards...you can actually break no rules as they're listed, but still get banned. If enough people have a problem with you, what is typically a minor infraction becomes a 30 day ban....or a perma. Ask me how I know. > I don't know the guy's warning/ban history either so I guess I have no option than to just shut up about it, since I can't definitively prove my point, and I'm also lazy, but oh lawrd...the experience with that in OTHER forums? Let me tell you...going out drinking with someone that's previously responsible for permabanning you off a forum you've used for 5+ years and they don't really know you is HILARIOUS! Especially when they're like twice your size and for some reason think you might be apt to punch them in the face.

I don't check my email enough to know if I'm on any lists or not, but then again, I don't really care too much either. =P I'm gonna do me, you guys can do whatever with it. I don't typically get pee-pee-slapped by the mods very often, but maybe I should just expect the inevitable anyways.. seems to always be the price of not being a lemming.

#1052 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have to hand it to the Mods who handed Cornelius his 30 day ban. The guy is over on RGP just having a complete melt down blaming everything on forceflow.

How about a link?

#1054 6 years ago

Think it might be more than 30 now after this

#1055 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

It's actually very pathetic. Has no clue that he is his own worst enemy, always the victim.

I've had a couple of PM conversations with him and this really sums him up - someone says something innocuous, he takes it very personally, and everyone else is out to get him. You can even see it happening as he posts. It causes a lot of toxic conversations.

A time-out will hopefully do him some good.

#1056 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Why should something posted on rgp be used against you over here?

#1057 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Really??
    …if you're a dick over there….guess what?

#1058 6 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Ha...well good luck with the whole "I called you a total piece of shit but it wasn't here..we're cool right?"

#1059 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Really??
    …if you're a dick over there….guess what?

I guess your a dick

#1060 6 years ago

I just read that whole thread. There must be something in the water. Uh... no thanks

#1061 6 years ago

Reading that thread reminded me why I gave up on RGP in, like, 2003.

#1062 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah hopefully he is on a short leash when he gets back. Something tells me he won't learn from this experience. I took a timeout and slowed down recently after making a dick post or two in another thread. The more you post the more you have to look closely at each post.

I have a lady who I work with who is the nicest, most respectable person I know and a really good engineer too. I like to joke that if anyone has a problem with her; they are the ones who actually have a problem, but are just too hard headed to see it. If she pulls me to the side for some one-on-one criticism, I take it seriously and do some soul searching. I'm not saying the Pinside moderators are perfect, but if they have taken it upon themselves to give you a timeout and/or moderate your posts *you* are most likely the one in the wrong. Time to step back and look inward rather than freak out trying to justify the dick behavior.

2 weeks later
    #1063 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Yeah hopefully he is on a short leash when he gets back. Something tells me he won't learn from this experience.

Naw he's doing fine.

#1064 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I just read that whole thread. There must be something in the water. Uh... no thanks

Quoted from jwilson:

Reading that thread reminded me why I gave up on RGP in, like, 2003.

Holy shit!! I just read it too...no idea why I kept going after the first few posts. Gotta say...what a shitshow over there. Corny really does have some severe issues it appears. I do love how they say "all the losers from Pinside" but aside from that...blatant racism, the "c" word, the "n" word being thrown around loosely, him stalking someone and actually calling their place of business or home 31 times? That is friggin deep. And the other people in the Corndick Cornelius thread are really no better IMO. They are also threatening violence, telling him to commit suicide, etc. Like I said, a total and utter shitshow.

After reading that, I am so happy that I avoid RGP these days. The issues here on Pinside seem like child's play compared to what's going on over there. I think reading that thread in RGP and feeling what it was like to actually go back there made me realize how much better and great Pinside really is.

#1065 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Naw he's doing fine.

Please define fine? Fine as in he is in a straight jacket and placed in a padded room? That kind of fine?

That guy is a mother f'ing cyber stalker of all sorts.

#1066 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Please define fine? Fine as in he is in a straight jacket and placed in a padded room? That kind of fine?
    That guy is a mother f'ing cyber stalker of all sorts.

Hi I'm TheLaw...you may know me from Pinside being sarcastic 135% of the time I post

#1067 6 years ago

Apparently he's making death threats to Molly now?

Dude is unhinged. Maybe he needs to take a more permanent vacation from here.

#1068 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Maybe he needs to take a more permanent vacation from here.

He was permanently banned a few weeks ago.

#1069 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If this thread was created to do solely that, I'd say it's been a success. Thank tiny baby Jesus.

#1070 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hi I'm TheLaw...you may know me from Pinside being sarcastic 135% of the time I post

NOW ya tell me

#1072 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Your sarcasm was instantly and duly noted here.

And wow...an upvote on one of my posts from Pezpunk? I think that should be a Pinside achievement in and of itself. Where's my points ForceFlow?

#1073 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

So "The Great Purge of 2017" is finally underway…banning members that would otherwise require a restraining order is a good start. Don't bother beelzeboob though, he's good peeps...well most of the time.

#1074 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, I think telling you that you should kill yourself was probably a good reason to do so.

Can anyone fill me in on what actually happened with the whole Molly ordeal?

#1075 6 years ago

Won't have to ban me I will just self purge for being a classless rgp follower
    seams you can't be on both sites as I'm being judged above for posting in one of the bad threads over there recently
    See ya!

#1076 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And wow...an upvote on one of my posts from Pezpunk? I think that should be a Pinside achievement in and of itself. Where's my points ForceFlow?

haha! seriously, though, i don't hold grudges. if someone says something helpful or cool, they get a thumbs up. if they say something i disagree with, thumbs down. it's never personal, and i have no problem forgetting past arguments (to be honest i don't even remember if we've clashed before ).

#1077 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

and i have no problem forgetting past arguments (to be honest i don't even remember if we've clashed before

Don't think we ever have...just have watched you Rock the Casbah with other people.

#1078 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

if someone says something helpful or cool, they get a thumbs up. if they say something i disagree with, thumbs down. it's never personal, and i have no problem forgetting past arguments

Agreed that this is how thumbs up/thumbs down should be used and interpreted. People take it way too personally (and in some cases use it way too personally).

Take Whysnow for instance, he posts lots of dubious legal and business analysis so I've thrown him a number of thumbs-downs over the years. But he also gives useful technical help and his devotion to pinball and the pinball community usually shines through, so I've given him a number of thumbs-ups as well. Either way it's the message, not the messenger, that I'm commenting on.

#1079 6 years ago

Prattle delete.

#1080 6 years ago

That dude is nuts...

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.