Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.
    #1001 6 years ago

Honestly NimblePin, I had no idea I had so many followers. They must like me after all.

#1002 6 years ago

Must be the van...
    (I'm pretty sure it's the van.)

IMG_5621 (resized).JPGIMG_5621 (resized).JPG

#1003 6 years ago

I stepped away from Pinside due to these trolls. I hope this puts this kind of behavior in check. I'm all for a good back and forth joking but some people just want to be vicious and negitive to everyone about any little topic. I'm glad you mods took the initiative to do this. Let's return Pinside to its former glory.

#1004 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You broke the rules, I'm tellin!

They can't be everywhere all the time - pinside's activity level is just too high for volunteers to keep up with every thread within a short response time. Reporting is simply flagging a post so it pops to the top.

#1005 6 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Let's return Pinside to its former glory.

Okay, fine. I'll leave.

#1006 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

OK, I'm getting the message. Permanent ejects from multiple threads in the last hour with no response to the moderator feedback thread I started. I can take a hint. Have fun people!

But you are one of the funny ones.

#1007 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Are we not supposed to use "the F word" now? What about other profanities?

I don't know if I can not use the f word.

#1008 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

I see pages and pages of waffle and very little respect for the OP in this thread. Frankly it disgusts me. It is not any one persons "God given right" to be on this forum and, like road rules and many other things in society, there are rules set by the owner of this forum.
    It isn't up for debate - we are all being TOLD how things are to be.
    I see it clearly as "accept the rules or move on".

Funny I don't see moderator by your name.

#1009 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

4/20 is probably not the day to try it.

haha totally.

Wait...wha?

#1010 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Am I the only one that reads all of Frank Fuhrter's posts?

I came to this site specifically to get away from his sick perverted bravado bullshit. I'm sure he is just a little weasel hiding behind a keyboard and I would have loved a chance to kick his ass. And if he is a big weasel I would love the chance to use a 2 x 4 on him. If anybody wants to go back to those days have at it. I prefer a nice peaceful place where people can actually talk about pinball without engaging in personal attacks. The RGP guys can bitch about Pinside all they want...but I like it here and don't want to see any forum go back to the wild wild west.

#1011 6 years ago

Edit- pointless venture

Cheers!

#1012 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Edit- pointless venture
    Cheers!

I always appreciate your opinions and comments that make me laugh. I doubt that you are the target around here. I'm not opposed to the banter/entertainment that you and so many other guys like you provide. I guess there just are not enough people left here who remember how bad RGB got. In fact...RGB being so bad was the reason that Pinside grew and became so popular in the first place. Its hard to believe that one or two unmoderated jerks can totally destroy a site....and that is why we do need a moderated site like Pinside. I don't care if the moderators don't put down any rules and just bend or drop the hammer on threads that get stupid. But anything is better than RGP was and I thank Robin and his friends for providing a civilized place for us to congregate and express our opinions in a civilized manner as well as share information, fixes, and bitch about manufacturers.

Maybe we should just be able to click on an icon that warns we have been drinking when we wrote the post so that we can apologize the next day....

#1013 6 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

I doubt that you are the target around here.

Well, I've felt like a target lately, but maybe that is some of my own doing by posting so much.

I think we all might want to step back and put ourselves in each others shoes for a while. Some people are more sensitive to things than others. It's just the world we live in. I'm going to sign off for a while and go play some pinball.

#1014 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well, I've felt like a target lately, but maybe that is some of my own doing by posting so much.
    I think we all might want to step back and put ourselves in each others shoes for a while. Some people are more sensitive to things than others. It's just the world we live in. I'm going to sign off for a while and go play some pinball.

Well said..we all do it. But just for shits and giggles I visited the RGP site since my last post and see that Frank Fucktard has apparently taken the site over again. So if anybody has any big bitches about Pinside just take a visit over there and look at what you have to put up with in a public unmoderated forum.

By the way...I could use that icon right now where I admit I have been overserved by myself...

#1015 6 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

The RGP guys can bitch about Pinside all they want...

I don't think anyone can honestly argue that FF was not a major deciding factor in a huge portion of people moving from RGP to Pinside and not looking back. Sure the time was right for something new and high tech. I would be on Pinside, but still be reading RGP if not for him. Yes, I had him kill filtered, but his effect on migration was undeniable. He brought everything in RGP down to his level and made it no fun any more. Every thread had to be his way. Before him it was Gary Arizona. It just shows what damage one uber-troll can really do. I commend Pinside for reforming users, resisting over moderation and keeping this forum as open as possible, but sometimes you get cases where it is not worth the effort any more. This is not a public forum like RGP. Pinside is moderated for a reason. A big part of that reason has to be preventing a handful of users from ruining what should be a relaxing and fun experience for hundreds - including the moderators. There will still be plenty of debate and difference of opinion. Pull the band aid off and don't look back...

#1016 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Holly cow batman! Has pinside turned into Romper Room?

"Dont be a dont be.....be a do be"

Got that in on 4/20...yes... .

#1017 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm going to sign off for a while and go play some pinball.

Should've come to Knott's tonight.
    75 degrees and clear as a bell.

Boysenberry fest is almost over too.
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPGIMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    For the 4/20 fans...
    The ultimate Scooby Snack.
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPGIMG_5625 (resized).JPG

#1018 6 years ago

Lets just all get along!
    It is time to be nice.
    Once the purge is started it will be difficult to get back on pinside
    Now is the the time to shape up
    Most pinsiders will behave (I hope)
    A few will be purged but I think it will make pinside a better place.
    Now I might be on the list. . . sorry
    !

I still vote there is a drain button on the form page (without having to hit the batch . . .thing. .button). One more game speculation thread and I'm going to scream

#1019 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

It's just hard for me to believe that adults would rather use the report button rather than the ignore button.
    Actually, it's not that hard to believe.

Yeah I can't believe it either. I've never tattled on anybody over here for any reason. Never would have even thought to do it.

"Reporting" people sounds like something children do.

#1020 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I am now perma banned but this is what I posted in not the owners club-
    "I played two balls on an Aerosmith LE and flipped though all the songs and then shut it off. Enough was enough. I'm sure somebody might like it, but not me."
    The stream of insults followed as I went on to try explain myself. Of course that one guy couldn't help but calling me a troll again ..

Is this for real?

#1021 6 years ago

Well, there must be a problem with the PM system because I haven't gotten my letter from the mods yet. But while I'm waiting for them to sort things out, I've begun work on my list of the people I'll miss from Pinside:

#1022 6 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Is this for real?

I think the perma ban is from that thread if I read it right.

#1023 6 years ago

I just got the LETTER!
    ....but it said, "You are going great! Keep up the good work!"

#1024 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I just got the LETTER!
    ....but it said, "You are going great! Keep up the good work!"

I sent you that.

#1025 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Actually my "letter" was very cordial and respectful. Marcus is a nice guy. They just want me to quit throwing F bombs. I can understand that, and will try.
    Who's giving you shit OD? Gimme a name! I know people!

Grys...my secretary got me this paperweight last year, apparently I never use the word LOL. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you, as I think it is more deserving for you given the notice you received. Something you can be proud of.

f bomb (resized).JPGf bomb (resized).JPG

On another note, I won this jack ass trophy in a bowling league when I was younger for having the lowest score in a single game all season. I'd be happy to have some mass produced and awarded to several people on here if you would like Robin.

jack ass trophy (resized).JPGjack ass trophy (resized).JPG

#1026 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Grys...my secretary got me this paperweight last year, apparently I never use the word LOL. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you, as I think it is more deserving for you given the notice you received. Something you can be proud of.

On another note, I won this jack ass trophy in a bowling league when I was younger for having the lowest score in a single game all season. I'd be happy to have some mass produced and awarded to several people on here if you would like Robin.

Wow. Remind me never to give you a gift.

#1027 6 years ago

Edit: Removed because I agree. I wasn't trying to spawn an argument. Just pointing out contradictory statements. I have nothing personal against anybody on this site. I chime in with some B.S., but also help in threads or offer advice whenever I can. Some posts and opinions just get redundant...and again, the point is made with one single post effectively.

#1028 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I certainly wouldn't post in there 28 times.

I don't know why after yesterday some of you can't let sleeping dogs lie, but sometimes one post doesn't seem to be enough for some of you.

First the thread title as bait -
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmithgreat-game-or-flop-band-pin-opinions-wanted#post-3641965

And I can't quote because I have been permanantly ejected from the entire subforum, but-

"Ahh but a TV show you haven't watched in 50 years is ok?"

"I was waiting all morning for you to chime in Odiner!! LOL. And get the fudge out of here...you're telling me that when you're on a long pin trip and Dream On comes on the radio you're not signing along and trying to hit that high note??? If so, you're lying."

"Same goes for the pins based on 50 year old TV shows. "

"I don't think anybody here is doing that (telling you what you should or shouldn't do)...and you know I'm always open for opinions, good or bad."

"So your constant "old man band" jokes will cease whenever anyone mentions ACDC or Metallica pins? Because otherwise you're coming off as quite the hypocrite."

"so much music from the last 10 years just isn't great, or just sucks. The bands play generic power chords, and the composition just is tweeny bopper."

"Your first comment was unnecessary and, combined with your love of even older television crap, will definitely result in shit being directed your way."

"o-din plays the peanut gallery role in about 95% of threads on Pinside. Maybe more."

"Now why don't you go watch those Lucy re-runs you dutifully recorded on the ol' Betamax??"

"Dude you trolled his post with your unhelpful comment (that you admit to spamming to every band thread)"

"he is simply saying he is not into 30-40 year old bands."

Now if we can let the past be the past without anymore dredging thru the mud, I'd like to take my vacation if that's OK with you?

#1029 6 years ago

Odin, you went out of your way to seek out threads and repeatedly bash old man rocker games. Hey, great, nothing wrong with game advocacy, except that you totally got your feathers ruffled when I gave you the business over your old man actor game you keep raving about.

It's real simple: if you can't take it, don't dish it out. Ponder those words while enjoying your vaca, mmkay?

#1030 6 years ago

Oh, I can take it, and you might have missed the post I responded to. For me there is a big difference between bashing a game and bashing a pinside member because of his opinions. I'm not sure some here know the difference.

#1031 6 years ago

something about 'broken record' comes to mind here. People or game.. doesn't really matter.

#1032 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Oh, I can take it, and you might have missed the post I responded to. For me there is a big difference between bashing a game and bashing a pinside member because of his opinions. I'm not sure some here know the difference.

And I rescinded and edited my post...I rarely bash anybody personally on here, and don't want to start doing it or making a habit of it. Odin, your opinions are what they are, and truth be told, I laugh at a good portion of your posts. I just want everybody to be friends. We are all in this illness called pinball together. I'm going to start thinking of Pinside as a support group...like Pinballers Anonymous. I'm just waiting to get my chip.

#1033 6 years ago

o-din is a funny guy. For the most part so is beelzeboob Some folks, though, may think they're funny guys--but they're actually being dicks. I dunno. I may be one of those sometimes. Pinside "dick-o-the-day" seemed to be a funny way to "award" these people while diffusing situations. I think most people "got that." I prefer options where nobody has to leave, but having been a moderator on a public site once--I understand the staff's conundrum. Hoping for the best, and still waiting for my PM from them

#1034 6 years ago

Funny when I post something nice and apologetic to "someone" I get no response. But if I posted something douchy I'd see a reply within seconds...I think that speaks volumes.

#1035 6 years ago

Well, I'm going to try to leave it at this.

There are 10s maybe 100s of threads that cover the same subjects on pinside and I among many others tend to post the same opinion as those threads show up. Broken record, maybe, but then again so are all those duplicate threads. It is what it is.

If it is an opinion and just that on the subject at hand and not a personal attack, even though said before, wouldn't it be best if you disagree, to just state your opposing view and leave it at that instead of attacking and insulting the poster although he may have said it before?

Myself I'm going to try to not repeat myself, but it can be tough when the same subjects keep coming up over and over again.

Best thing I can do is sign out for a while, but again that is tough when my user name keeps coming up and people are still piling it on like this morning.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Odin, your opinions are what they are, and truth be told, I laugh at a good portion of your posts.

Thank you.

#1037 6 years ago

Odiner is a great dude, prolific poster and that makes him a target of the subtle agitators

I've already gone to confession today and asked for forgiveness

#1038 6 years ago

And O-din gets mad respect from me for updating his profile picture constantly.

#1039 6 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

And O-din gets mad respect from me for updating his profile picture constantly.

Especially that awful last one.

I'd like to see a Cool Hand Luke or Spicoli profile mixed in too

#1040 6 years ago

No email for me. Robin's out front with a bull horn.

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpgvallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg

#1041 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Funny when I post something nice and apologetic to "someone" I get no response. But if I posted something douchy I'd see a reply within seconds...I think that speaks volumes.

I have often thought the same thing. Positive upbeat posts never get much attention, while negative ones do. Hmmm... if someone is seeking attention (not saying they are always), then it seems like positive reinforcement to post something negative.

#1042 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

There are 10s maybe 100s of threads that cover the same subjects on pinside and I among many others tend to post the same opinion as those threads show up

Once again, you posted 159 times in the SAME THREAD, not once or twice over a couple dozen threads. You basically post over and over with the hopes that someone will get personal. This is the kind of perverse attention you crave. Seriously, read up on troll behavior.

#1043 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I have often thought the same thing. Positive upbeat posts never get much attention, while negative ones do. Hmmm... if someone is seeking attention (not saying they are always), then it seems like positive reinforcement to post something negative.

Unfortunately that seems to be human nature. Newspapers, the news on tv....negative stuff sells.

#1044 6 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I stepped away from Pinside due to these trolls. I hope this puts this kind of behavior in check. I'm all for a good back and forth joking but some people just want to be vicious and negitive to everyone about any little topic. I'm glad you mods took the initiative to do this. Let's return Pinside to its former glory.

Totally agree.

#1045 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Quoted from Dooskie:

Unfortunately that seems to be human nature. Newspapers, the news on tv....negative stuff sells.

Not necessarily (and not calling any one person out). It's only those who are in the significant minority with sociopathic tendencies that actively seek enjoyment from the attention through repetitive and extreme negativity. I.E. <5% of a std normal population, which will literally be observed on Pinside based on its large membership (as noted here, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read/page/20#post-3724617).

And to some of the earlier post comments, pinside is obviously not targeting any users per se, Pinside is going after behaviors, and it is doing so literally no matter how any members may try to spin it otherwise.

1 week later
    #1046 6 years ago

I have to hand it to the Mods who handed Cornelius his 30 day ban. The guy is over on RGP just having a complete melt down blaming everything on @forceflow.

#1047 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have to hand it to the Mods who handed Cornelius his 30 day ban. The guy is over on RGP just having a complete melt down blaming everything on forceflow.

Dammit I need to see that

#1048 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dammit I need to see that

It's actually very pathetic. Has no clue that he is his own worst enemy, always the victim.

#1049 6 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Pinside "dick-o-the-day"

Oh holy sh-....is that still a thing? Please say it's still a thing. LOL. I still have my 2 shirts.

#1050 6 years ago

That's good stuff. Oh man Tracelifter...he was a good guy.

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.