Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.
    #651 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Well we just made another post about it, so...

Last one. I promise.

#652 7 years ago

I have to find a little kid to take me to Chuck E Cheese. Someone told me an adult can't go in without a kid.

We never had a Chuck E's close. Just a Mr. Gatti's but the don't have a robot band.

#653 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

There's been a couple table tops with the characters on them and cool signs show up on ebay this past year. I really had to hold myself back to buy them. They were also pretty close which made it tough.

Nice! I gotta be careful about adding things to collect these days...pretty soon either my house or my other half is going to burst at the seems with my collecting!

#654 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Yet another who just cant leave a thread alone...AGAIN, nobody said they don't like debate or banter....but...that one was specifically asked to be left to only positive vibes, repeatedly; by the OP of it and by other pinside members trying to enjoy it. Thats all there is to it. Not even personal, just wasn't a bash or debate thread... Don't need a total safeplace community here, but it certainly seems like a decent human thing to do when an OP spells out what his intent of his thread is and repeatedly asks for it.

Eh, if OP was making a big deal about it I'd just leave, but I miss the days when you could rip on a game, and fans would rip back with why the game DIDN'T suck, instead of getting all defensive. I miss Aron Boag

#655 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I have to find a little kid to take me to Chuck E Cheese. Someone told me an adult can't go in without a kid.
    We never had a Chuck E's close. Just a Mr. Gatti's but the don't have a robot band.

Had an adult friend go to chuck e for his birthday for pizza and alcohol with no kids. He didn't have a problem, but that was a few years back and maybe he just happen to get in. I forget what they serve, but thought it wad like beer and wine or something. Lol

#656 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Eh, if OP was making a big deal about it I'd just leave, but I miss the days when you could rip on a game, and fans would rip back with why the game DIDN'T suck, instead of getting all defensive. I miss Aron Boag

I really am done on the topic. Just wanted to mention he did make comments in his thread several times. That was the point. But I'm going to follow Dmbjunkys lead on here and move on to better topics..

have a fun safe friday night all.

#657 7 years ago

Chuck e does have beer. But also a ton of parent fights...ran down that youtube rabbit hole a couple years ago.

#658 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Yeah he was something... where did he wander off to?

#659 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Chuck e does have beer. But also a ton of parent fights...ran down that youtube rabbit hole a couple years ago.

Seriously?! That's crazy! Related to the beer? Lol

#660 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Seriously?! That's crazy! Related to the beer? Lol

Hall no I don't think it's the beer...just crazy parents...mostly in poor places.
    Still is a chuck e cheese near me and I've always wanted to go check it out but never have. Had many a b day party there as a kid and loved it. Although we had a competitor place around here Captain Andys that was better

#661 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hall no I don't think it's the beer...just crazy parents...mostly in poor places.
    Still is a chuck e cheese near me and I've always wanted to go check it out but never have. Had many a b day party there as a kid and loved it. Although we had a competitor place around here Captain Andys that was better

Captain Andy's. Love hearing about different local places like that!

#662 7 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

one day we went to Chuck E. Cheese and I was scared to fuck by their band

Yeah man, that creepy bear with the goofy sleepy grin, I'd be afraid to fuck with him leering over me too...

#663 7 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Yeah man, that creepy bear with the goofy sleepy grin, I'd be afraid to fuck with him leering over me too...

Lmao!!! I knew it was a typo, and resisted so hard!! Now practically on the floor. Lol.

#664 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Captain Andy's. Love hearing about different local places like that!

Yeah their big shtick was baskets of popcorn given out and you could throw it on the floor and shit...Pretty exciting as a kid

Edit: might have been a chain? Here's some info on a Baltimore location with same name...your welcome for some terrifying pictures

http://showbizpizza.com/photos/misc/captandy/index.html

#665 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah their big shtick was baskets of popcorn given out and you could throw it on the floor and shit...Pretty exciting as a kid
    Edit: might have been a chain? Here's some info on a Baltimore location with same name...your welcome for some terrifying pictures

Anywhere a kid is told go ahead and throw their food on the floor is bound to be a hit!

Ya, cool pics...but ya, a bit...well...odd (hell, looking back, they all were/are!).

I like the WB style frog with the top hat.

#666 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I cant see anything for locations on anybody either...must have been taken off of main avatar splash. If I click on someone It is there, just not displayed by avatar on each post.

This should now be fixed and locations should have returned as viewable for all.

#667 7 years ago

My wifes first boyfriend, did the original sculpts, for the Chuck R Cheese Characters.
    We have only the original moon sculpt for the show.
    Had it up in the kids rooms when they were young, but both kids were freaked out by the face at night.
    Its hiding in a bin under a game now, but I have some weird old memories from the 70s
    when it all came together.

Stock photo.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#668 7 years ago

I remember the before times. Before the great purge. Before the wars and the fighting. I remember a time when you could get answers without being made to look like a fool. I remember a time when people weren't scared of the SkitB or the Papa Duke. Now is the time for us to rise up, slay the Duke and fear not the SkitB. Break the Dutch dam and relive the glory of the Bally Williams. Let us learn from our friends to the north. The RGPers. They did not heed the warning and now thier lands are dry.

#669 7 years ago

I was a huge fan of pinside back a few years ago. The support I received and the positive threads seemed plentiful. I take a peak nowadays, but this thread has me interested in coming back more.

#670 7 years ago

For better or worse, a lot of people do not have to ability to "let go" on a forum. I usually erase 4/5 of my posts. Sometimes, my clever retort is redundant and doesn't really contribute to the thread.

There are innumerable examples of threads here where a well meaning person replies 10,15,25 times repeating the same arguement. There are others that go on a tangient and won't let it go. Yes, I can scroll past it. There are plenty of users that don't see it that way and just stop coming to Pinside.

The reality seems to be that Pinside is massively successful as a forum with a huge membership. Robin and Martin will decide how it proceeds. Some of us will agree and some will not.

#671 7 years ago

I also think there may be some over reacting to the "great purge".

#672 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Loved going to river towne growing up

#673 7 years ago

I hope this thread isn't bait to all that post in it will be purged d'oh d'oh d'oh see y'all on rgp

#674 7 years ago

The Mod's have spoken.....
    ModTeam (resized).jpgModTeam (resized).jpg
    PleasePurgeWithUs (resized).jpgPleasePurgeWithUs (resized).jpg
    Are_you_ready_for_The_Purge (resized).jpgAre_you_ready_for_The_Purge (resized).jpg

(I think BlondeTall is the leader)

#675 7 years ago

You don't wanna mess with the pinside staff.

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

#676 7 years ago

Or the pinside shillelagh

#677 7 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

(I think BlondeTall is the leader)

I'm the one in the suit on the bottom right.

#678 7 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

I know!!! My dad always laughs when he tells the story of me being a little boy and my favorite thing on earth was showbiz and their animatronic band(I forget what they're called). And one day we went to Chuck E. Cheese and I was scared to fuck by their band and had to be dragged out crying in terror!!! I was two.

Here you go....

Rock afire Explosion

#679 7 years ago

I'm a Showbiz guy, myself.

#680 7 years ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

Here you go.... » YouTube video Rock afire Explosion

Lol...good video.

I can't find it for a pic off hand, but I have an old 45 in a picture sleeve that is rockafire explosion. Lol.

#681 7 years ago

Idk the interest level, but I just started a new thread to discuss the old birthday pizza and games places more!

Please, feel free to bring that discussion over to that thread. All welcome

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-local-showbiz-or-equivalent-stories-and-pics#post-3620741

#682 7 years ago

Yoy can even say you hate it

#683 7 years ago

I think this is great news.

I collect both arcade and pin, so as a result I use both KLOV and Pinside for my repair questions and whatever needs/questions I have for the games I pick up. I've found it much easier to get friendly, intelligent direction consistently at KLOV than here. There's been a few times that the tiny KLOV pinball section was more constructive than here, which is unfortunate.

The potential for this place is off the charts, looking forward to the next chapter.

#684 7 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

I hope this thread isn't bait to all that post in it will be purged d'oh d'oh d'oh see y'all on rgp

IMG_0061 (resized).JPGIMG_0061 (resized).JPG

#685 7 years ago

Maybe post this upcoming purge in The Big Lebowski Preorder thread, it's getting ugly in there- Donner Party meets Lord of the flies.

#686 7 years ago

I think it's funny that right after BudManPinFan posted the it's a trap meme everyone instantly quit posting in here.

Talk about a thread killing post.

#687 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think it's funny that right after BudManPinFan posted the it's a trap meme everyone instantly quit posting in here.

Was it something I said??? LOL

#688 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I can't believe it took almost 700 posts for people to realize this might be possible. Hmm, starting negative stuff in a moderator thread about getting out of hand. Yup, seems like a bad decision. Just like last year. Notice on the first page of Robin's thread from last year that 2 accounts are Frozen and 1 is Blocked.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-try-and-keep-pinside-family-friendly

Or Robin's reminder 3 years ago about being nice and the need to put the hammer down.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsides-new-years-resolutions-random-thoughts-and-a-happy-new-year

March might be a quiet month for Pinside.

#689 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Not with you around.

#690 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not with you around.

tl;dr

(and I'll miss you the most scarecrow)

#691 7 years ago

I knew right away this thread was a tool for the mods to start compiling a list. Good idea too, a lot easier than sifting through the static of the others!

#692 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not with you around.

Gotta love the Titanic band going down with the ship

MsxsV29.gifMsxsV29.gif

#693 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I can't believe it took almost 700 posts for people to realize this might be possible. Hmm, starting negative stuff in a moderator thread about getting out of hand. Yup, seems like a bad decision. Just like last year. Notice on the first page of Robin's thread from last year that 2 accounts are Frozen and 1 is Blocked.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-try-and-keep-pinside-family-friendly
    Or Robin's reminder 3 years ago about being nice and the need to put the hammer down.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsides-new-years-resolutions-random-thoughts-and-a-happy-new-year

But were they shaken AND snapping their fingers?
    2011_tour_eddie-money_dates_130288435132 (resized).png2011_tour_eddie-money_dates_130288435132 (resized).png

#694 7 years ago

Movin up and down?
    Round and round?

#695 7 years ago

Look this is serious I know a Pinsider and she was shaken.

#696 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think everyone passed out. Give it a couple more hours.

#697 7 years ago

A lot of the nasty threads threads drift off point and by the time they dry up the majority of the posts are *not nice*, trolling or just drivel. Not to mention that some real news can pop up 2000 posts deep in one of those threads and fall under the radar because only a handful of people still read them. The really long threads get taken over by the "prolific posters" arguing and showing off with each other and anyone who will listen. Posting is cheap, requires no thought or breathalyzer for that matter. So maybe instead of kicking people out completely, those people could be given a short timeout followed by being throttled to say 20 posts a week? Another suggestion is to have live Pinside chat channels to help remove some of the stream of consciousness from the forums? One live chat for current events like Jpop, etc, one for EMs and one for tech support...

#698 7 years ago

I just noticed this topic and haven't read through 14 pages but I gotta say it seems to me like this is a trolling thread to begin with. Direct from the mods. Just ban people already, do we need the peanut gallery to chime in? Just do the deed.

#699 7 years ago

I am taking offense to almost every GDMF comment in the last two pages!!

Can I get a mod over here already!!

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read/page/14?hl=shootthepyramid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.