Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,087 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vallejo_stand_off_1 (resized).jpg
    jack ass trophy (resized).JPG
    f bomb (resized).JPG
    IMG_5625 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5623 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5621 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5615 (resized).JPG
    KZYERVJ (resized).jpg
    wof pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    ar130556018163722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0464 (resized).JPG
    purge-button (resized).jpg
    CDown (resized).jpg
    titlecard12-ytv-wherearetheynow-factsoflife-jpg_203702 (resized).jpg
    rapturebomb2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.
    #601 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I like the Pinsider who always brags about putting people on his Ignore list. It has to be a massive list by now. One day he made a big production about putting me on the list... But then he kept responding to my comments. And in a portion of his responses to me he would always explain to everyone how he had me on his ignore list.
    And if anyone is worried about me posting this don't sweat it. I'm on his ignore list.

This is some pretty funny stuff here and that is what got me thinking.

There is this one clown on here that bragged about putting me on ignore well over a year ago and can't help himself bringing it up every opportunity he gets including in this thread. I'm not sure he himself realizes how that reflects on him.

#602 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've been thinking about this and instead of people constantly reminding everybody about who they ignore, wouldn't it be better to have them listed in that users profile just like who they are following?

Remember when we use to have a list on the front page of the top ten commentators in descending order. Most blocked would be fun to follow.

#603 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Remember when we use to have a list on the front page of the top ten commentators in descending order.

I remember that. I was like, holy hell what's an Odin?

#604 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Remember when we use to have a list on the front page of the top ten commentators in descending order. Most blocked would be fun to follow.

I used to be #1 at one thing in life

#605 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I like when we had different titles instead of just "pinside member"

They could bring that back with a whole new title for those guys that call people out and try to get the masses to ignore them.

They would be called "troll hunters".

#606 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

.C and cl were "playing nice" and a valid (relavant to the thread in sense of rules) question was finally asked in my opinion..
    Not sure why last hour became bashing him for the question. Which didn't get answered yet btw.

Is this what this is all about?

You guys are still mad at me because I said I didn't like Premier games in some thread 2 weeks ago?

This is the issue?

I left that thread. You told me to leave and I left. Why are you still complaining about it, and why are you asking me questions about it? I can't possibly understand why this is still on your mind, regarding a relatively mild thread that never even got nasty, after all of this time.

The only reason I'm addressing this is because I can tell you will never, EVER, drop this if I don't. I've seen this kind of thing a lot lately and I can spot it from a mile away.

I hope that's good enough for you, I do not wish to discuss the "gottlieb/premier" thread again.

#607 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are still mad at me because I said I didn't like Premier games in some thread 2 weeks ago?

wait wut, this all started because you called a turd a turd? What happened to game advocacy, is that now verboten? Some games are just utter crap for some, and they should be allowed to express their opinions. Bashing crummy games can be quite entertaining

#608 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

wait wut, this all started because you called a turd a turd? What happened to game advocacy, is that now verboten? Some games are just utter crap for some, and they should be allowed to express their opinions. Bashing crummy games can be quite entertaining

Read before you comment if you wish to be part of that, please...he was asked to leave a group alone numerous times and was moderated out...

#609 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll respond by saying some on here can't ever let anything go. Reminds me of my 95 year old mother. Except she's starting to forget some of her grudges.

#610 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Read before you comment if you wish to be part of that, please...he was asked to leave a group alone numerous times and was moderated out...

People have been "moderated out" of this thread and are still posting in it. I don't think you know how this place works.

I left that thread because I was tired of it. OVER A WEEK AGO. And you are still obsessed with it.

This is unhealthy.

Good evening to you sir.

#611 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"troll hunters".

Troll Hunters, think I saw that on NGEOG the other day, or was it OLN.

#612 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is the issue?
    I left that thread. You told me to leave and I left. Why are you still complaining about it, and why are you asking me questions about it? I can't possibly understand why this is still on your mind, regarding a relatively mild thread that never even got nasty, after all of this time.
    The only reason I'm addressing this is because I can tell you will never, EVER, drop this if I don't. I've seen this kind of thing a lot lately and I can spot it from a mile away.
    I hope that's good enough for you, I do not wish to discuss the "gottlieb/premier" thread again.

Have I become completely stupid? Or did you not just get back involved in that thread today??? How is that leaving a thread????

This is pathetic antagonism when a small group doesn't get enough attention....

Are there any other decent forums out there these days?????

This is old. And covered in B.S.

#613 7 years ago

Same people posting over and over and over....the best thing that could happen to this site would be a limit of 10 posts per day.

#614 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

The thread was called "who here likes Gottlieb / Premier" and while I can't expect people to show a little restraint around here, a perfectly good thread got mercilessly derailed by Levi & a few of his cohorts. Now, I'm trying to be nice and I don't want to shit on the olive branch Levi extended to me, but I have to say this: there wasn't a single peep from all the pinsiders lecturing me in this thread. That's pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

Also, G & Ps are awesome.

#615 7 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Same people posting over and over and over....the best thing that could happen to this site would be a limit of 10 posts per day.

Those that donate to this site are privileged.

#616 7 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Or 5 posts per thread per day. I think at at 5 myself so Over and out!

#617 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Or 5 posts per thread per day. I think at at 5 myself so Over and out!

I'm gonna offer a compromise of 50.

#618 7 years ago

Pretty much to be expected, but that is what I love about this place.

Train wreck (resized).jpgTrain wreck (resized).jpg

#619 7 years ago

It's Friday, Friday,
    Gotta get down on Friday
    Every pinsiders lookin forward to the weekend, weekend
    Friday, friday
    Gettin down on Friday
    Pins pins pins pins lookin forward to the weekend
    Plunging and flipping YEAH
    Bumping and nudgin YEAH
    Lookin forward to the weekend

#620 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

The thread was called "who here likes Gottlieb / Premier"

"Not me, and here's why! ... "

Oh, I can't reply that way? Is this kindergarten?

#621 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is the issue?

Quoted from metallik:

This brings me back to this post:

Quoted from o-din:

On pinside a troll is defined as somebody that interrupts a lovefest thread with a contrary opinion, I believe.

..which I still maintain is the best post in the thread. It sums up the majority of the problem quite nicely.

#622 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I still maintain is the best post in the thread.

Thanks, but I was sure it was this one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read?tu=john_i#post-3617230

#623 7 years ago

I get why he blocked you, o-din, but what's his beef with Cyndi Lauper?

#624 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I get why he blocked you, o-din, but what's his beef with Cyndi Lauper?

That's funny.

#625 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Yet another who just cant leave a thread alone...AGAIN, nobody said they don't like debate or banter....but...that one was specifically asked to be left to only positive vibes, repeatedly; by the OP of it and by other pinside members trying to enjoy it.

Thats all there is to it. Not even personal, just wasn't a bash or debate thread...

Don't need a total safeplace community here, but it certainly seems like a decent human thing to do when an OP spells out what his intent of his thread is and repeatedly asks for it.

At this point, I simply am bringing this up more here because I would like to know the rules in a little more detail on starting threads for the future.

Mods, is it always ok for all threads to be open to however people want to act? I realize be nice is hard to police, and is subjective, but like I thought there were policies about "on topic"? Isn't "topic" whatever the O.P. makes it?

If an O.P specifically states they dont want debate and only positive comments for that thread, does that mean anything?? Is there guidlines to follow?

Im not trying to whine...I just can't believe such a big group with so many outlets for so many topics and sub forums can't handle leaving some alone for low stress enjoyment.

Seems like some O/T topics seem to not stir up ad much....maybe I just need to stay away from pinball related topics here for a while....

As far as all the tech threads etc, thank you to all for giving and listening to help so frequently. Pinside has helped a lot of people in the hobby/industry over the years now so I genuinely hope Robin and the rest can make the improvements they want work out.

Wow...way too long for 1 post...my appologies, I got it all out and will leave it at that. Thanks gor reading.

#626 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

You absolutely can! That wasn't what was happening. More along the lines of "G&Ps suck and you're an idiot for liking them". So, is it kindergarten?

#627 7 years ago

Somebody throw the fucking switch...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#628 7 years ago

I think everyone could use this piece of advice on PinSide and we'd all be better off:

#629 7 years ago

Sorry if this was asked already. Will we be notified when the purge occurs? I'm looking forward to spending more time on Pinside in the near future. Thanks in advance!

#630 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I slit my wrists about an hour ago.

You're doing it wrong.

#631 7 years ago

In another hour this thread will light up again. Cheers y'all.

Or has it begun?

#632 7 years ago

I wish we could purge all the gottlieb/Premiers for fudge sakes

#633 7 years ago

So have locations been removed so we can all finally be one world, one pinside, united by coke and a toke? Or did I flub a clickbox somewhere? Frakking touch UI's.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I wish we could purge all the gottlieb/Premiers for fuck sakes

I wish they were still in business so folks would quit bitching that Pinside gangs up on poor lil' ol' Stern, and Jack, and B/W Fanbros, and those weirdos who like Ataris and EMs.

#634 7 years ago

Unfortunately, I think some of these actions have occurred too late. Many people with experience already left. Those that joined were turned off immediately.

I myself was accused of of being a duplicate account of a former member nearly immediately when I signed up. This was not motivational.

Some recent changes with verification did improve sorting out "wheat from chaff" for account duplication and fake events, but members still had to place around 25-30 individuals on ignore to get past the entry gates of post manipulation, bullying, and attempts to control the website.

These are the number of so called "shills" that many times are not knowledgable, constantly ask for "prove it" and then counter respond with TLDR when something is properly explained, and highly uninformed when presenting opinions attempting to bolster their methods to propagate "group think" by new members. These comments are often related to pure raw negativity that offers no tangible value to the industry, hobby, tech support, history, or education of pinball.

I wish the moderators good fortune on their efforts.

#635 7 years ago

Cattle Decapitation should be headlining as they are the absolute sickest.
    See ya there.
    7418567 (resized).jpeg7418567 (resized).jpeg

#636 7 years ago

TBK, your posts are very unique and insightful. I remember the time you were accused and that was because you chimed in a time when those that were making dupe accounts were trying everything to get their opinion and you had a fresh account. You were quickly proven to be yourself (not a dupe). My take on you (if you even care) are you are very valued member of this community. You speak of knowledge way beyond I would ever know.

#637 7 years ago

But Goatwhore bad AF.

#638 7 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

So have locations been removed so we can all finally be one world, one pinside, united by coke and a toke? Or did I flub a clickbox somewhere? Frakking touch UI's.

I wish they were still in business so folks would quit bitching that Pinside gangs up on poor lil' ol' Stern, and Jack, and B/W Fanbros, and those weirdos who like Ataris and EMs.

I checked my settings and everybody should be seeing my location.

#639 7 years ago

I cant see anything for locations on anybody either...must have been taken off of main avatar splash. If I click on someone It is there, just not displayed by avatar on each post.

#640 7 years ago

The Gottlieb/Premiere thread really should have been a club thread with a title like "Gottlieb/Premiere Lovefest Club". That would have solved a lot of problems.

I mean I love those cheesy Premiers but it seemed like any dissent to the "groupthink", as Cornelius likes to call it, wasn't welcome.

Oh well. It seemed to be worked out. I'm not sure why we can't let it go.

#641 7 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

TBK, your posts are very unique and insightful. I remember the time you were accused and that was because you chimed in a time when those that were making dupe accounts were trying everything to get their opinion and you had a fresh account. You were quickly proven to be yourself (not a dupe). My take on you (if you even care) are you are very valued member of this community. You speak of knowledge way beyond I would ever know.

Yeah he's the only guy over here that even quotes HIMSELF in his posts. You just can't make this stuff up

#642 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I cant see anything for locations on anybody either...must have been taken off of main avatar splash. If I click on someone It is there, just not displayed by avatar on each post.

I just realized what your avatar is. I love Showbiz Pizza memorabilia.

#643 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

The Gottlieb/Premiere thread really should have been a club thread with a title like "Gottlieb/Premiere Lovefest Club". That would have solved a lot of problems.
    I mean I love those cheesy Premiers but it seemed like any dissent to the "groupthink", as Cornelius likes to call it, wasn't welcome.
    Oh well. It seemed to be worked out. I'm not sure why we can't let it go.

Well we just made another post about it, so...

#644 7 years ago

To all.

shots (resized).jpgshots (resized).jpg

#645 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I just realized what your avatar is. I love Showbiz Pizza memorabilia.

Showbiz rocked! I remember when things went chuck e cheese...but I was young so didn't probably have an opinion then. Lol.

Nobody has ever noticed my avatar! The pic is too dang small, but the ad makes me laugh so much that I never wanted to change it.

#646 7 years ago

Showbiz was so much better than Chuck E Cheese!

#647 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

A few years ago I went to a kidd bday party at chucks...the kids didn't give a crap about the stage band. And I thought it was funny as hell that they had a ratty old chuck e on stage AND the newer Joe cool (as I called him) Chuck e walking around talking to kids...
    I was like why the hell would there be 2 of them??? But...again kids didnt give a crap or notice...leave it to the "big kids" to have the problem with it. Lol

Random friday night babble story for the hell of it...

#648 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Showbiz rocked! I remember when things went chuck e cheese...but I was young so didn't probably have an opinion then. Lol.
    Nobody has ever noticed my avatar! The pic is too dang small, but the ad makes me laugh so much that I never wanted to change it.

There's been a couple table tops with the characters on them and cool signs show up on ebay this past year. I really had to hold myself back to buy them. They were also pretty close which made it tough.

#650 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I know!!! My dad always laughs when he tells the story of me being a little boy and my favorite thing on earth was showbiz and their animatronic band(I forget what they're called). And one day we went to Chuck E. Cheese and I was scared to fuck by their band and had to be dragged out crying in terror!!! I was two.

There are 1,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.