Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161113_133649 (resized).jpg
    20161113_133601 (resized).jpg
    20160203_152342_(resized).jpg
    unicorn tat.jpg
    witch poster.jpg
    witch poster.jpg
    image-389.jpg
    image-136.jpg
    image-928.jpg
    image-848.jpg
    image-144.jpg
    image-661.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zsciaeount.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago

The Silver Ballroom league will be starting Wednesday, Feb 5th at 7pm. If you're interested in joining, PM me. It's a great league, and the Ballroom is a great place to play! We typically have around 30-40 players each season.

Invite is open to any 3rd Rail orphans until Brian Bannon finds a new location.

Try Pinball Map - Isaac Ruiz (Brackelope) programmed it, and it'll give you some nearby locations. But, the mainstays are CP, Silver Ballroom, and Third Rail (RIP). Orbit is decent, but it's filled with a lot of college kids who only want to play skee ball.

7 months later
    #122 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadKeller:

Ok guys, change of date for the 2015 Keller Pinball Bash. It has always been the first Saturday after New Year's since I started it but in 2015 it's going to be the second Saturday after New Years. So this year it's Jan. 10, 2015. Sorry for the change and I hope there are no mix ups this year. Should be another fun one and hopefully we don't have 12 inches in the forecast this time.

Requesting that weekend off now. Best party of the year!

1 month later
    #154 9 years ago

Anyone from STL going to Expo? Looking for a partner for the Pinbrawl tournament.

3 weeks later
    #159 9 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

Orbit Pinball Lounge
    7401 Hazel Ave. Saint Louis, Mo 63143
    It's in Maplewood just off Manchester.
    21+ only ... There is a AWESOME BAR inside and the place is SMOKE FREE!! I didn't order any food but I think someone said they serve Pizza ... not sure on that. Fun place for sure, just enough machines to keep you and your friends busy having a great night out.

I want to like Orbit. It looks great inside, and the bartenders are excellent. But their pins are horribly maintained. They're generally clean, but I can't tell you how many times I've noticed issues that won't be addressed for weeks. What's worse, if there's something simple like a stuck ball, there generally isn't anyone around there with the knowledge (or permission) to remove the glass.

Orbit is a respectable place, but compared to the quality of maintenance at the other places in town, Orbit just isn't in the same league.

1 week later
    #164 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ven:

I was trying to find info on the league at CP and can't seem to come up with anything. Anyone know where I can find info on it? Can you join at anytime, costs, etc.

Head over to the CP Pinball website. Chuck's email address is listed there. Just email him and let him know you're interested, and I'm sure he'll get back to you. Not sure when they are starting up, but I imagine it will be soon.

As for how it works, there are seasons, so joining at the beginning of the season makes the most sense. Cost is typically a few bucks a week ($4 or $6... I can't remember, but his machines are on free play). Lately, he's been doing bi-weekly doubleheaders instead of weekly meets.

There's also a league at the Silver Ballroom that meets every Wednesday, and will be starting up December 3. That is $4 dues and $2 coin drop each week. But, not as close to you as CP.

3 weeks later
    #191 9 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

I heard that the silver ballroom has to go nonsmoking at the start of the year. Can anyone confirm that? Loved the silverballroom and Doc is a really neat guy, looking forward to playing up there in the next few months.

The exemption has been extended to 2016, so smoke will continue to fill the Ballroom in 2015.

I personally don't mind it. Just don't wear clothes you don't want to wash or dry clean. I think it's a minor tradeoff for access to one of the best collections available daily anywhere.

Sunday afternoons are also great if you want some quiet and clear air.

On a different note, I didn't hear anything about being Chad's last, but if that's true, that's a super bummer. I literally rearrange my works schedule to ensure I am completely free.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zsciaeount.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-st-louis-area-sub-forum?tu=zsciaeount and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.