Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161113_133649 (resized).jpg
    20161113_133601 (resized).jpg
    20160203_152342_(resized).jpg
    unicorn tat.jpg
    witch poster.jpg
    witch poster.jpg
    image-389.jpg
    image-136.jpg
    image-928.jpg
    image-848.jpg
    image-144.jpg
    image-661.jpg

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 7 years ago

Anyone on here have any pins they might want to move?
    I have a No Fear i wouldn't mind trading for something new.

20161113_133601 (resized).jpg20161113_133601 (resized).jpg

20161113_133649 (resized).jpg20161113_133649 (resized).jpg

#252 7 years ago

Finally had the opportunity to get up to Padavan's yesterday, and was super impressed with the Pinball Lounge. My brother and I got up their early in hopes to play some pin, and then watch football. Ended up playing a lot more pinball than we expected. Here is why....

Great lineup of pins (list on pinball map.com is current), our favorites were KISS, both 1978 and new Stern KISS, Hobbit, MMR, Ironman, Metallica, AC/DC, Stern Star Trek, and a cool older game called Surf and Safari... The room is isolated from the bar area, so it is just a pinball room, a couple TV's hanging up to watch the game.

Most importantly, the games are in near perfect condition. They play perfectly, are all very clean, all flippers are strong, etc... Honestly felt like I was playing a Collector's Collection.

We had the pleasure to meet the owner of the pins, Brian Bannon, who was there pretty much all day working on them. The bartender told us he spends a full day every week keeping them maintained. The bar keeps a list of anything they thing might be an issue, and that Brian takes the glass off every game every week and tests them, cleans them, etc..., which is obviously why the pins are in such great shape. Brian was fun to meet and talk pin with. His machines at the old Third Rail in Pacific are what got back me into pin as a adult.

In addition Padavan's was a cool bar/grill, had reasonably priced beer, and the food we ordered was excellent. But, the draw was the pins.... really really awesome.

#253 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramsfan:

Honestly felt like I was playing a Collector's Collection

You were! Those are Brian's personal games.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

3 weeks later
    #254 7 years ago

yeah, he needs to sell me that ac/dc!

#255 7 years ago

Padavans is cool indeed

I went there Friday & put lots of quarters in ST & Kiss. I was a bit bummed Slimer was disabled on GB for a tournament but it is what it is. First world problems

Careful when departing tho. If you leave drunk when it's dark out you may walk right into the black support post just a few feet in front of the door. It's the one place you can walk into a bar when walking out of a bar hahaha. Someone wrap Christmas lights around that thing lol

#256 7 years ago

Brian keeps those pins in mint condition. Great place to play excellent pins and get some food.

#257 7 years ago

Was there Friday as well, probably bumped into you and didnt know it. Always enjoy meeting other pinside members, maybe next time I'll talk to some people there.

#258 7 years ago

I want to chime in as well. I was at Padavans yesterday for the first time since they opened the new expansion. The line up of machines is superb and I was very impressed with the condition of each one. I also had the pleasure of meeting Brian Bannon and talking pinball. He was not only knowledgable about the hobby, but even gave my fiancé and I a couple of free credits because he felt bad about a magnetized flipper button he was getting ready to fix on Surf and Safari. (A game I have never seen on location before) The place is amazing and true heaven for anyone seeking a pure pinball experience.

#259 7 years ago

Too funny. I was at Padavans yesterday with my daughter and saw you there. First time there and had a great time. Food was excellent too.

I'm new to the pinball scene having bought my first pin ever in November and having a blast with it. Doing lots of little repairs and Chris helped me with a fliptronics problem that was a major hassle (he fixed in 2 minutes).

Look forward to meeting with you all at a future event.

2 weeks later
    #260 7 years ago

I head to CP Pinball almost every saturday with my little one (if you see a kid carrying a footstool, that is us), but I ended up on the Missouri side of the river earlier today and wanted to play some pinball.

I used pinballmap.com to find some different machines to play (hard to find games that Chuck doesn't have). I'm pretty new to the hobby, so I hadn't been to any of the other STL pinball joints.

First up, went to Orbit Pinball Lounge expressly to play Metallica Premium (wanted to see the difference from the Pro model and if/how the hammer obstructed the view of the PF). Walked in and.... pinballmap.com was incorrect. Orbit has the Pro model, not Premium. I updated the listing on pinballmap.com and headed back out.

Next up was The Silver Ballroom to play Big Lebowski and Champion Pub. This is a great place! The only downside was that I only got through 1.5 balls of my first game on Big Lebowski when the flippers stopped working. Couldn't plunge the 3rd ball either, and the game ended up getting shut off by the staff. Still, we had a good time here and the prices were super reasonable (25 cents for South Park and 50 cents for Woz and Big Lebowski).

Related topic - anywhere in STL to play Metallica Premium?

#261 7 years ago

Funny thing is I was there a long time ago and played the Met pro at Orbitz, then later saw on the map they had a premium. Always wanted to go back and play it, didnt realize it was a typo.
    I have not seen a premium anywhere, surprised Silver ballroom or CP doesnt have one

#262 7 years ago

Machine - For Trade
    The Sopranos Archived
    Fully restored (full original status) - “I can't verify this game to be HUO, it is in very nice shape. No goodie bag. I added black mirror blades, white rubbers and Comet non ghosting LEDs. Would trade + CASH for a GOT...”
    2017-03-04
    St. Louis, MO
    Trade
    Archived after: 4 days
    Viewed: 306 times

Officially on the market...

#263 7 years ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

I have not seen a premium anywhere, surprised Silver ballroom or CP doesnt have one

Not speaking for Doc or Chuck here, but IME routing Stern Premium/LE pins I have found that as a rule they don't hold up on location as well as their respective Pro model. Also, they cost significantly more money, most customers don't seek them out or play them any more than they would a Pro model, and resale isn't that great either. Of course, there are some exceptions.

#264 7 years ago

Continued my weekend pinball tour (Comet and Silver Ballroom on Friday, CP Pinball on Saturday) with a family lunch trip to Padavans today.

Padavans is very family friendly, and the food was great. Kids immediately went to the pinball room, and we played several games of Hobbit and Surf n Safari among others. Everything was in great shape as others have mentioned here, with no gameplay issues while we were there. Special shout out for having a foot stool in there for my 4 year old, much appreciated!

#265 7 years ago

Just want to test the water here and see if there is any local interest in GB pro HUO . Game has shaker motor ,pin graphic side blades, no issues . Thanks have a great day

#266 7 years ago

padavans has the best chicken strips I ever ate. hands down!

2 months later
    #267 6 years ago

I've got a HUO Iron Man Vault and HUO Metallica both with less than 250 plays I might be looking to move out soon. Both absolutely perfect condition. Both stock games except for a few mods on Metallica.

3 weeks later
    #268 6 years ago

Games for sale
    Black Hole $1400
    Scorpion $1000
    Data East Star Trek $2200

#269 6 years ago

Avengers HULK LE for sale in the marketplace

1 week later
    #270 6 years ago

I have a NIB (still in box, nver opened, on pallet) GhostBusters Premium.
    On ground floor, ready to go out the door.
    $7000.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#271 6 years ago

Not urgent, but would like to add a Williams 1991-1992 Slugfest to my collection.

2 years later
    #272 4 years ago

went to check out some of the game bars this weekend. wasn't impressed with the one downtown by the stadium at all. The up/down bar in the central west end is def. worth checking out. nice lineup and all in good working condition.

#273 4 years ago

You can come visit our place www.stlouisescape.com all of our games are super nice.

We’re downtown. currently we have 12 pinball games. We’re selling a few and adding a few new ones.

During the Halloween season The Darkness has 12 horror themed pinball games on display so that is going to open in a few weeks. Www.Thedarkness.com

Lastly I’m selling Wonka games, and I’m inviting everyone over to my house as soon as I get it set up to give it a play.

If anyone wants a Wonka let me know and i’ll Get you one. But you can stop by I’m hoping this weekend or next weekend. Just stop by and play the game 110% free even if you have no plans of buying the game.

I have something like 12 pinball games at my house. So let me know if you’re interested.d

5 months later
    #274 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

went to check out some of the game bars this weekend. wasn't impressed with the one downtown by the stadium at all. The up/down bar in the central west end is def. worth checking out. nice lineup and all in good working condition.

Hmm I think Start Bar is pretty good, as is Up-Down, Two Plumbers, and Padavans. The best selection is certainly CP Pinball and hey can’t beat bring your own booze!

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-st-louis-area-sub-forum/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.