Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161113_133649 (resized).jpg
    20161113_133601 (resized).jpg
    20160203_152342_(resized).jpg
    unicorn tat.jpg
    witch poster.jpg
    witch poster.jpg
    image-389.jpg
    image-136.jpg
    image-928.jpg
    image-848.jpg
    image-144.jpg
    image-661.jpg

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 10 years ago

I was interested in seeing how many pinside members were local to the St. Louis area. I recently moved to the area and met some great pinsiders at Keller's New Years Bash last weekend (wow ... what a blast). St. Louis really seems to be a Pinball town with some great places like CP Pinball and others to play. I thought maybe this Sub-Forum could be a great place to make sure St. Louis area pinsiders know about any events that might be going on plus an opportunity to met new people. Thanks and I hope this starts something special in the area.

#2 10 years ago

I will be at CP Pinball this Satuday night, Jan 11. Still relatively new to collecting.

#3 10 years ago

I'm also at CP Pinball at least once a month! That place is the best. I really wish it was open more, at least in the winter, but I understand how busy it must be maintaining everything.

#4 10 years ago

Check-in! I was at the Keller party as well good times, good people. I need to get out to CP more than I do.

#5 10 years ago

Keller had another Killer party, third time for me. CP's once a monthe for me also along with the 3rd Rail. Any status on when they will re-open after the fire they had??? I just posted my TOTAN looking for a possible trade of Iron Man or Tron that has some mods. PM me if anyone knows someone. Thanks!

#6 10 years ago

Bought my first machine from Chuck at CP a couple years ago and haven't looked back since. I need to get out to CP more as well. It has been a couple months.

#7 10 years ago

In Carlyle here, about 50 min east of STL.

#8 10 years ago

I haven't been able to get to CP Pinball yet but I keep hearing great things - going to make it out there soon for sure.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

I haven't been able to get to CP Pinball.

Wait..what?

You are now banned from all STL threads.

#10 10 years ago

Lol ... Remember ... I just moved here.
    That's the whole point of this thread -- so we can all find new places to play and meet new people along the way.

#11 10 years ago

I was also at Keller's bash and it was awesome. Had never seen a BBB, Safecracker or Cactus Canyon before, let alone played them. Same thing with the big ball bowler. Hope to make it back next year.

#12 10 years ago

I was there as well. 3rd for me and a great time.

When I met Chad, he had posted an ad for $25 glass. I had 2 machines X's and O's and Spy Hunter and needed new glass. I went to his house to get them and he asked me if I wanted to see his collection. We went downstairs and my life was forever changed for better or worse.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

Lol ... Remember ... I just moved here.

I live West of you off HWY N & 40

When you get more pinball machines we should hang out some time at your house

I will be @ CP this Saturday!

#14 10 years ago

There is a St. Louis Area Pinball League (SLAP) that plays almost year-round at multiple locations and is a great time.

The next session starts Wednesday, January 22 at CP's. Another SLAP location is Silver Ballroom in South City, but not sure when the winter session starts there.

The third location location for the league -- The Third Rail in Pacific -- had a bad fire on New Year's morning. It's unclear at this point what the future holds for the Third Rail.

Another place to play is Orbit Pinball Lounge in Maplewood.

#15 10 years ago

Same here for me. I went to Chad's party the last several years. I heard of Chad, but never met him. Went there to pick-up some glass and you're toast after that. You have a whole new respect for pinball after seeing his collection. It's truely amazing.

CP Pinball is an awesome place to go and play a ton of games. Chuck keeps them clean and working great. Highly recommend getting out there soon.

#16 10 years ago

The Silver Ballroom league will be starting Wednesday, Feb 5th at 7pm. If you're interested in joining, PM me. It's a great league, and the Ballroom is a great place to play! We typically have around 30-40 players each season.

Invite is open to any 3rd Rail orphans until Brian Bannon finds a new location.

Try Pinball Map - Isaac Ruiz (Brackelope) programmed it, and it'll give you some nearby locations. But, the mainstays are CP, Silver Ballroom, and Third Rail (RIP). Orbit is decent, but it's filled with a lot of college kids who only want to play skee ball.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

When I met Chad,...... I went to his house and he asked me if I wanted to see his collection. We went downstairs and my life was forever changed for better or worse.

Me too... his collection is so awesome! I want his bumbles WH20

#18 10 years ago

I think some links would be helpful. I live in Omaha, NE but I come to St. Louis from time to time. Would love to go to some of these:
    http://www.cppinball.com/
    http://stlouis.league.tater.org/
    Place called Orbits Pinball Lounge:
    http://vimeo.com/44258999

This place looks cool too:
    http://thesilverballroom.com/

Where to buy:
    http://www.arcadeamusementsplus.net/Home.html
    http://www.stlpinball.com/
    http://www.aminis.com/aminis-pool-tables-st-louis.html
    http://www.pinballmachinestlouis.com/
    http://www.pinballplusservice.com/

#19 10 years ago

My home is in far west St. Charles county, but I'm in exile, working in Wichita, KS. I've met a couple of you, hope to return this summer and meet the rest of you.

#20 10 years ago

I'm in Alton and I get to CP as much as I possibly can. Usually at least one day a month. I regretfully did not make the Keller party, I was scared off by the approaching polar vortex black hole storm of sub zero death headed our way that night. Hopefully I'll make it next year. I would love to be involved in the StL pinball league but I work afternoon shift and with the meetings on Wednesday nights I'll never be able to make it. If it ever changes to a Saturday schedule I will be in for sure. For now I'll just keep meeting the StL pinball folks at CP and the Silver Ballroom.

#21 10 years ago

I was at Keller's pinball bash and have it marked on the calender for next year already! I play in the league at the silver ballroom, and am also there more than I want to admit, so I've met quite a few people through there. I try to make it up to CP at least once a month or every other, and I will probably be there Saturday or Sunday (I think this Sunday is the first Super Sunday, which I believe he said it will be once a month from 12-6 for $10,,,at that price, it's a steal!! I really hope Bannon gets a place to put his machines, as it he has the only Tron on location that I'm aware of, and Banzai Run, and a few other nice games! See everyone around sooner or later!

#22 10 years ago

Silly question but what is CP?

Scratch that just saw the link above.

#23 10 years ago

CP League: doors open at 6 usually or shortly thereafter. League matches start at 7. Cost is $6 per week per person, games are set to free play). League runs 10 weeks (wed nights) plus an extra week for playoffs (all league players are welcome on week 11 for free play on non playoff used games). A league match consists of 4 multiplayer games (from 2-4 people). Play after league night until Chuck tells you to go home. As mentioned, CP Spring league starts wednesday Jan 22. All skill levels are welcome and you will be matched up against other relatively 'like' skilled players.

You can checkout past results and current results for CP/SB/3R at: http://stlouis.league.tater.org/

If you go to CP and you notice a problem with a game, please let Chuck know (or whomever works the door). He can't fix it if he does not know it is broken!

#24 10 years ago

I travel from Evansville, IN to CP every couple of months. Well worth it. I hope I can go back before March

#25 10 years ago

CP rocks. Great place!!! I have a few pins in St Chuck. I love to see people play them!!

#26 10 years ago

I'm in the city. There are a few pins in bars on my street.

#27 10 years ago

I moved to the area this summer.

I live in Roxana, IL about a mile away from CP but never seem to have time to go there because of traveling for work.

If any of you guys ever need any of my pin parts though, we can meet locally or at CP and you can get the discounted manufacturer price plus save $ on shipping.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zy78p.jpg

#28 10 years ago

Sad to hear about the Fire at 3rd rail hate to see anyplace that supports our habit hurt. Keep hearing about Kellers party about 2 or 3 days after have to try and shoot for next time. Played many of pinball machines but have yet to see cactus canyon in person. CP what can i say that hasn't been said already other than without chuck and is collection that we get to play for a small fee and the ability to meet fellow players who help each other and share their gained knowledge pinball in st louis would be different. Hoping to be there this weekend.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from adamprice271:

I was at Keller's pinball bash and have it marked on the calender for next year already! I play in the league at the silver ballroom, and am also there more than I want to admit, so I've met quite a few people through there. I try to make it up to CP at least once a month or every other, and I will probably be there Saturday or Sunday (I think this Sunday is the first Super Sunday, which I believe he said it will be once a month from 12-6 for $10,,,at that price, it's a steal!! I really hope Bannon gets a place to put his machines, as it he has the only Tron on location that I'm aware of, and Banzai Run, and a few other nice games! See everyone around sooner or later!

Another St. Louis pinhead here! I've always wanted to go to Chad's party, but I've always had some commitment the night he has it. In your post you say you already have it on your calendar for next year, is it scheduled already? I want to get it on the calendar too so I can attempt to reserve the night!

I have met Chad a few times and seen his collection, probably 6-8 years ago. It was a funny because he showed me his pin collection and I noticed he had a bubble hockey, and I also had the same one! Then I noticed he had an awesome salt water aquarium, and I was into that hobby too! (That is also very addictive and expensive!).

Point is, I couldn't believe how similar our interests were, and I felt better about not feeling like "a freak", there were other folks out there with the same affliction I had! (Because I had never gotten support from my wife with my hobbies, she thinks I'm nuts!)

Also, currently thinking about adding a Shadow, fish tales or sttng if anyone has one for sale close to STL.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinrock:

In your post you say you already have it on your calendar for next year, is it scheduled already? I want to get it on the calendar too so I can attempt to reserve the night

This was my first year to go to Keller's Bash and like I said ... WOW ... He told me that it's always the first Saturday after New Years so hold a place on your calendar for sure!!

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

This was my first year to go to Keller's Bash and like I said ... WOW ... He told me that it's always the first Saturday after New Years so hold a place on your calendar for sure!!

That would make it Saturday, January 3rd then, it is on the calendar. Thanks!

#32 10 years ago

The PAPA crew rolled through town last night. They posted photos at Orbit and the Silver Ballroom. I missed them at the Ballroom but cool they stopped on their way to CA.

#33 10 years ago

Looks like tonight I'm going to get a chance to visit CP Pinball !!
    Looking forward to it for sure !!!

#34 10 years ago

Visited CP Pinball for the first time on Saturday ... it did NOT disappoint! This place is GREAT ... I cannot believe we have a place this cool so close to us. It is awesome for sure!! We had a great time and will be going back again very soon.

#35 10 years ago

Heading to CP this weekend missing the em sound and action. Need to work on getting more exposure to em pinball other then child hood memories.

#36 10 years ago

Bump as a reminder CP league starts this Wed, Jan 22 at 7pm.

#37 10 years ago

Nothing beats CP. Are there any summer leagues? I'd be interested in those as I'll be back from college.

#38 10 years ago

Last year 3rd rail and silver ballroom had summer leagues. Unsure of what will happen this year.

2 weeks later
    #40 10 years ago

Looks like there is another thread with games for sale in STL. I posted in this one, so I wont duplicate it in the one you linked.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/games-for-sale-in-and-around-st-louis

#41 10 years ago

Did anyone play in the finals on saturday at the ballroom?
    How did it go?

#42 10 years ago

Hi!
    We are local, Festus. We don't post here much as we are very busy in the shop/business but always great place for info. We also enjoy to meet up and hangout/play pinball with our great St. Louis pinball peeps. St. Louis area has a great pinball culture with some impressive collections.
    Troy
    www.topscoregamerooms.com

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from TopScoreGameroom:

Hi!
    We are local, Festus. We don't post here much as we are very busy in the shop/business but always great place for info. We also enjoy to meet up and hangout/play pinball with our great St. Louis pinball peeps. St. Louis area has a great pinball culture with some impressive collections.
    Troy
    http://www.topscoregamerooms.com

Plus one for Troy! If you guys need a pin new or used Troy is the man that will hook you up. I've gotten several pins from him and he'll treat you right. Ed

#44 10 years ago

Plus 2 for Troy! Still haven't opened that Tron yet Troy. I hope to some day.

#45 10 years ago

Troy is a good guy ,I have bought games from him in the past. The refurbished games he sells are top notch!

#46 10 years ago

Troy is restoring a medieval madness for Pinballpete. I can't wait to see it!

#47 10 years ago

I finally found my second pin thanks to Troy. He set me up with a sweet DM. Nothing but good things to say about him.

#48 10 years ago

Troy is a good guy. The MM he is doing for me is the 24th one off the line. The playfield was different and the ramps were different from the majority of the run. HSA restored the original playfield and I am really looking forward to getting this one back all minty!

I almost got a MMR but I prefer original with back story and all.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballpete:

Troy is a good guy. The MM he is doing for me is the 24th one off the line. The playfield was different and the ramps were different from the majority of the run. HSA restored the original playfield and I am really looking forward to getting this one back all minty!
    I almost got a MMR but I prefer original with back story and all.

When is the game scheduled to be completed?

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

Did anyone play in the finals on saturday at the ballroom?
    How did it go?

Everything went well. John Miller dominated the field going 16-1 on the day while finishing in 1st place. Adam McKinnie was 2nd, Andrew Hrdlicka took 3rd place.

Dave Aholt won the "Kids Fight Cancer" side tourney.

Complete results will be posted to the IFPA site some time in the next week or so.

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-st-louis-area-sub-forum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.