(Topic ID: 53173)

Pinside = Slow ?

By robin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rabbit.gif
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

1. You can't see the code without DB access
    2. The google javascript is probably analytics code. Not slowing it down

You can see the webpage code. There's nothing hidden. I wasn't referring to the content that is pulled from the database.
    As for the Google script, I was just pointing to a script that accesses an external site.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

That's gotta be one seriously expensive laptop! If you don't mind my asking, what do you use it for that requires so much power? Are you a hardcore gamer?

Wasn't bad GP: $699 at Best Buy about two weeks ago (the latest Samsung 5 Series: model # NP51OR5E-A02UB...nice model # huh? Like I'll ever memorize that--more like mesmerize)...anyway just wanted the latest & greatest for browsing.

Hardcore gamer?

Yes...but only for the silver ball.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from amiga500:

You can see the webpage code. There's nothing hidden. I wasn't referring to the content that is pulled from the database.
    As for the Google script, I was just pointing to a script that accesses an external site.

Including the SQL subroutine if the web server throws an error.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Really sorry about this, I'm working on it. New server coming soon! Donations are appreciated at this point!

donation made lets get this new server rolling!!!

#55 10 years ago

Its all Frank Fuhrter's fault.....he chased everyone over here from RGP to get away from him.

#56 10 years ago

Not as bad as Tor Hershman!

#57 10 years ago

It's actually going quite speedy for me at the moment. Maybe robin tweaked something.

#58 10 years ago

Pretty quick here too. With 356 members online.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Really sorry about this, I'm working on it. New server coming soon! Donations are appreciated at this point!

Donated! Thank you for all you do for the community!

#60 10 years ago

Renewed my donation but don't see a heart by my name - gray or red. Do I need to link donation to my user name or something?

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Renewed my donation but don't see a heart by my name - gray or red. Do I need to link donation to my user name or something?

I think robin needs to add the heart manually.

#62 10 years ago

I think robin needs to add the heart manually.

// Error: Image 110093 not found //

#64 10 years ago

I have problems uploading attachments (slow or just kicks it out)...other than that things are good...thanks for all you do, Robin.....mark

Ps..have a pretty good in house IT division, let me know if I can help..( we are know in office 365 cloud for everything except our internal server to handle the website for now......

#65 10 years ago

Thanks to the awesome Pinside community I have been able to sign a new lease on a (dedicated) server and am currently in the process of getting it up and running. I hope to make the switch soon. Thanks to all who donated!

#66 10 years ago

Thank You Robin for this site. It is a great piece of the pinball community! You should be proud.

#67 10 years ago

Thanks Robin. I really appreciate all the work you put into keeping this community so vibrant and accessible.

#68 10 years ago

My page always flashes I have messages when I do not. Anyone else have this problem.

#69 10 years ago

It's not doing that to me.

#70 10 years ago

When posting the site seems to slow down for about 20 seconds after the post is sent in addition to the "you move too fast" statement.

#71 10 years ago

Robin, I've noticed that when I get on the site I have gray messages like I've read them, but I have not, and some messages that I have read show that they haven't been read. Is this due to the server issues as well?

#72 10 years ago

There are some issues with the message notifications, which I will address after the upcoming server migration. Thanks for noting!

#73 10 years ago

I am unable to post a new topic.
    I get the following errors:"This topic is closed" or "You actually need to submit some content".

Thank you for your time,

Milton

#74 10 years ago

Hey Milton. What browser are you using?
    "This topic is closed" should only show if you make a post to a topic that was closed as you were typing your reply.
    "You actually need to submit some content" shows when you are making an empty post (or a post with *only* images and no text. The latter is a known bug which you can work around for the time being by adding a dot . character to your post)

#75 10 years ago

Hi Robin,

I am starting a new topic with pics and paragraphs!
    I get the Y.A.N.T.S.S.content error first and then the second attempt I
    receive the other error.

Thank you for all your hard work! Love the site!

Milton

I will try to post with dot character and see what happens!

#76 10 years ago

I am using explorer.
    I added the . dot character and still receive the error.
    (Y.M.A.N.T.A.S. content)

This is the post: Title: R911 Resto. Started .

Actual post:
    Here are some pics of the R911 Resto.

I then added 3 pics average size 3500 kb.

Thank you for your time,

Milton

#77 10 years ago

Hi Robin,

I started the topic with no pics and all is well.
    IF I only add two pics to the reply- all is well.

Milton

#78 10 years ago

The way Pinside handles image attachment has always been bad. Attach more than 3 to a post and it often links you directly to bb-edit.php and shows no page content. Then the post makes it but the pictures don't. Needs a serious revamp IMO.

#79 10 years ago

File uploading mechanism will be addressed and updated site-wide fairly soon I hope. But first I've got this site migration thing to do.

3 weeks later
    #80 10 years ago

Getting ready for migration of the site to the new server, hopefully next week (if time permits)!

#81 10 years ago

Cool! Hope all goes well for you! Thanks for all the time you put in on this site for us.

#82 10 years ago

Especially with the troll cleanup.

1 month later
    #84 10 years ago

Really slow since ST announcement.

Tons of duplicate posts because of it.

#85 10 years ago

7:42 p..m EST it is absolutely FLYING compared with what it was around 4:-00 p.m. EST. Good job, love the site!

#86 10 years ago

Still working on the new server! Yeah, I know it's taking forever to get this thing up and running but we're slowly getting there!

#87 10 years ago

Hurry Robin, Hurry!

This morning, more than half the pages I opened resulted in a big fat MySQL error being splattered all across the screen.

#88 10 years ago

Yeah, last couple days have been a nightmare with slow speeds. I've stopped using the site a bit actually because of it

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Yeah, last couple days have been a nightmare with slow speeds. I've stopped using the site a bit actually because of it

Yep

#90 10 years ago

Having to refresh Favorites several times before I get my status rather than all blue squares.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from bleargh:

Hurry Robin, Hurry!
    This morning, more than half the pages I opened resulted in a big fat MySQL error being splattered all across the screen.

Well I am glad I am not the only one getting the MySQL errors. It has been randomly popping up for the last couple of days.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-slow/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.