Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinchroma
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fenna.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

The site is crawling today. Slow motion.

#2 10 years ago

Like 56K

#3 10 years ago

Slow and glitchy, i signed out then back in and it took me 2 tries.

#4 10 years ago

Super duper slow. Just sent robin an email in case he wasn't aware of the situation.

#5 10 years ago

Same here. We're pretty spoiled though as this rarely happens in my experience.

#6 10 years ago

Like pinballs it's fixed now but it's gonna do it again.

#7 10 years ago

I thought maybe it was just my computer, but apparently not.

#8 10 years ago

Same here. They must be having server issues.

#9 10 years ago

Yup. I thought my work computer was being stupid, but it is slow on my phone too. And all my 'thread memory' is gone because it looks like I've not opened anything. I've signed out/in and nothing changes. Sigh.

#10 10 years ago

I like that the majority of the people commenting in this thread have donated.

#11 10 years ago

yep..thought it was our servers in work...to the point I asked our I.T....are there more poeple on pinside today?

#12 10 years ago

Numbers seem about the same. Just time to get some better servers ,further site optimization and throw up some paid ads from vendors. At least the ads will be targetted.

#13 10 years ago

yep slow over here too i was thinking it was because all the rain we're having here in south florida

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

throw up some paid ads from vendors

This was never a bad idea....

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I like that the majority of the people commenting in this thread have donated.

There are still a couple here that have time to get a Heart On! ....oops, that doesn't sound right...

#16 10 years ago

I need to check this site once every 15 minutes. So it's imperative that it becomes faster. Please dispatch the robotic diagnostic team.

#17 10 years ago

I'm seeing database errors embedded in some of the posts. The site is still slow for me.

#18 10 years ago

Yup, something's not right with the world today

#19 10 years ago

I know what's wrong

#20 10 years ago

Maybe it has something to do with Robins server update today.

#21 10 years ago

Still slow.

#22 10 years ago

Super slow yesterday and today.Time for a computer upgrade.So more donations needed to Pinside.

#23 10 years ago

Or more optimized software. 350 - 400 people isn't really a lot of people in message board land. This is a pretty custom site, seems to just not be written very well.

Quoted from stretch2:

Time for a computer upgrade.So more donations needed to Pinside.

#24 10 years ago

I don't know if it will make any difference in getting the site back up to speed, but I just made another donation to Pinside.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't know if it will make any difference in getting the site back up to speed, but I just made another donation to Pinside.

I may wait until the problems fixed. I don't want any more of my money
    going to China.

#26 10 years ago

Aware of the situation and working on a solution! But first I got to find out what the heck is causing this problem. It started after a system reboot yesterday. If you're a linux system admin and would like to offer your expertise, do PM/email me!

#27 10 years ago

Robin, hopefully somebody with Linux expertise will contact you shortly. I know that Alex is busy today with WOZ code updates which appears to be getting updated again tonight or tomorrow to correct a minor code glitch that was in the version that was released earlier today.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Or more optimized software. 350 - 400 people isn't really a lot of people in message board land. This is a pretty custom site, seems to just not be written very well.

While there's definitely a lot that can be improved about the code behind Pinside (yes, it is all custom built), that is not relevant for the issue at hand. The problem started suddenly, it did not happen due to a code or database layout change.

I can give you some insights in my roadmap: First of all, I will be working on finding the source for this slowdown and bringing things back to the way it ran earlier this week (which was decent performance). Then, when time permits I will be working on replacing Apache webserver with Nginx and PHP/FastCGI which will hopefully increase the performance and lower memory consumption on the server. I will then put effort in rewriting and optimizing some database queries. Oh and I'm also working on updates for the Top 100, adding subcategories, and a special new Pinside feature nicknamed "PDE".

Yup, lots of work, and so little time

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Yup, lots of work, and so little time

How's your baby girl, Robin?

#30 10 years ago

All this webserver stuff is really boring her!

fenna.JPGfenna.JPG

#31 10 years ago

She's so cute.

#33 10 years ago

Go ahead, shut down pinside and spend some time with her! The world of pinball can wait.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Robin, hopefully somebody with Linux expertise will contact you shortly. I know that Alex is busy today with WOZ code updates which appears to be getting updated again tonight or tomorrow to correct a minor code glitch that was in the version that was released earlier today.

I'm here. I Emailed robin to see if he needs help.

Also I can help with nginx and phpfpm if need be. nginx has its own quirks. Uses less memory yes but requires very specific versions of PHP so i'm not sure what pinside runs.

#35 10 years ago

P.S. i'm actually almost done pushing 1.12

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-slow-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.