Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snydley Whiplash (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

This whole conversation leads me to a personal gripe I have with some stores... Lowes, Ace Hardware and many others, ask me for my phone number when I want to check out. If you refuse to give them your phone number, they don't want to give you any discounts or whatever that are linked to my past purchases. However, that phone number is linked directly to junk mail and other spam, which is where I get upset. I should not have to provide my phone number to make a purchase in a store in cash or with a debit card... It should be illegal to ask for this type of information, in my opinion.

I refuse as well.

But you could also set up a Google voice number for when you dont want to give out your real number.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Does anyone else get sales offers from Jersey Jack, PinballStar and Pinstadium via email? I have never been a customer of any of them, and yet they magically have my email address and have been sending me offers the last couple of months. The only common denominator is they all have a banner advertising ads on Pinside.
    Not that big of a deal, more curious than anything. (I have already flagged them as spam)
    I typically use a burner email account for random internet stuff, didn't even think to use a burner for Pinside.

If you've ever emailed a distributor or a manufacturer, that may have gotten you added to their mailing lists.

The privacy of Pinside member info is taken pretty seriously. robin would probably have to speak to it, but as far as I'm aware, no information is shared with anyone. The only situation I can think of where someone's information might be shared would be to comply with a legal court order.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-sharing-personal-information?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.