Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snydley Whiplash (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballSTAR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 4 years ago

Anyone getting one of our very infrequent emails can easily opt out in the email or can reply to it which I will get and I will immediately remove you... In our defense there is absolutely a conscious effort to not 'spam'... I only send an email blast out as most distributors do when there is a new product, I sent one last week with the reveal of the WW CE details and the last one I sent was literally 6 months ago when WW was revealed at MGC in April. I pay $ 150 a month to my email service to maintain our account and STILL choose not to use it unless I have something to share most people want to see. So I spent $ 900 over that time to have this service and CHOSE not to use it. I could have easily done an email a month to just get my name out there or try to sell excess inventory but I choose to not to in order to be respectful.

I believe we started our email list with good intent when we had been doing our charity raffles to facilitate donating the WOZ games we donated to children's hospitals when people would miss one and keep asking us to let them know when we did one and it was impossible to manually send an email to everyone one by one, from there people also wanted to know about game reveals. Many pinball collectors are NOT on Pinside and they don't know when something is out and they may miss a limited run and get upset. Case in point I've gotten about 50 emails this week of 'let me know when the MMR details are out'... we have pictures of new MMRs and I could have sent an email teaser out, but knowing I'd be sending another in a few days when we get the pricing \ models info to share I didn't feel it was right to send two on the same subject, I figured I'd wait. So, there is a lot of thought from us that goes into sending an email blast and like everything we do it is done with the upmost of respect. So sorry an email got to you - just unsubscribe or reply to the email and it's easily fixed.

The bottom line is if you guys want businesses in the hobby supporting the hobby (mine and many others) by paying Pinside, paying IFPA, doing shows we lose money at, donating to charity causes we get hit up for all the time, supporting tournaments with prizes, having launch parties, etc... you have to take that one email you may get at least from us in this case once in 6 months with a grain of salt and just hit delete or unsubscribe and be thankful you have vendors - distributors, parts manufacturers, mod makers filling the halls at shows and providing a lot of great other services to the community. It's all a big circle of support and giving back for the most part. Thank you to those who posted kind words and those who didn't get any emails from anyone mentioned and stated so to show there is nothing rampant at play.

TY Joe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballSTAR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-sharing-personal-information?tu=PinballSTAR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.