7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Snydley Whiplash (resized).jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 months ago

Per an old Pinstadium email I recv'd, Pinstadium became an official partner w/ IFPA probably in late 2018 or early 2019.
    I'm fairly confident that IFPA provided Pinstadium w/ email addresses of pinball players.

Looks like I started recv-ing Pinballstar emails around Oct 2018.
    Not sure if they got my email addr from IFPA or JJP or elsewhere. ??

The last JJP email I recv'd was in early Dec 2017.

#52 7 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, 100% IFPA
    They started requiring an email a few years ago to be eligible for certain events.
    Anyone getting this spam likely played in any IFPA event and provided your email (easy to not even realize what they will do with it)

With refusenik's like you costing them $$$ by skipping IFPA events over the $1 fee, they had to do something to fill their coffers.

#53 7 months ago

I have to think it is actually Pinball Expo that had and sold the list. I have a customer that is not on pinside or ifpa, but he did sign up and go to expo last year (2018) and since then has received emails from Pinball Star. Each time he receives it forwards it to me asking how these people got his email. That is the only thing that we could come up with because that was the only event he went to. He doesn't look up pinball anything, just relies on me to keep him "up to date."

#54 7 months ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

Hiding the fact that they INTEND on selling your personal information in T&C's and not allowing you access to their website without checking the box that says "Agree" is the way most companies avoid actually justifying release of all your personal information. They just show that you clicked the box and they have your permission. It should be illegal to deceive people like that and everyone knows it.

Any site that does that is not worth going to. That is why im not on Facebook or any of the other social engineering sites.

#55 7 months ago

Got Puke-stadium spam email today.
    I'll make sure to spend the rest of my pinball days letting people know what an overpriced joke the product is.
    Hope that's what their intent was.

(make sure to also use gmail's 'report spam/phishing' feature when you get it)

EDIT: I don't think IFPA was the email list source, the email it came to is not the one registered with IFPA.

#56 7 months ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have to think it is actually Pinball Expo that had and sold the list. I have a customer that is not on pinside or ifpa, but he did sign up and go to expo last year (2018) and since then has received emails from Pinball Star. Each time he receives it forwards it to me asking how these people got his email. That is the only thing that we could come up with because that was the only event he went to. He doesn't look up pinball anything, just relies on me to keep him "up to date."

I get Pinball Star emails and have never been to his website or emailed him.

Now I have email GAP , and get regular updates when new games arrive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    € 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 75.00
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 101.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 17.50
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside