Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snydley Whiplash (resized).jpg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Per an old Pinstadium email I recv'd, Pinstadium became an official partner w/ IFPA probably in late 2018 or early 2019.
    I'm fairly confident that IFPA provided Pinstadium w/ email addresses of pinball players.

Looks like I started recv-ing Pinballstar emails around Oct 2018.
    Not sure if they got my email addr from IFPA or JJP or elsewhere. ??

The last JJP email I recv'd was in early Dec 2017.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, 100% IFPA
    They started requiring an email a few years ago to be eligible for certain events.
    Anyone getting this spam likely played in any IFPA event and provided your email (easy to not even realize what they will do with it)

With refusenik's like you costing them $$$ by skipping IFPA events over the $1 fee, they had to do something to fill their coffers.

#53 4 years ago

I have to think it is actually Pinball Expo that had and sold the list. I have a customer that is not on pinside or ifpa, but he did sign up and go to expo last year (2018) and since then has received emails from Pinball Star. Each time he receives it forwards it to me asking how these people got his email. That is the only thing that we could come up with because that was the only event he went to. He doesn't look up pinball anything, just relies on me to keep him "up to date."

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

Hiding the fact that they INTEND on selling your personal information in T&C's and not allowing you access to their website without checking the box that says "Agree" is the way most companies avoid actually justifying release of all your personal information. They just show that you clicked the box and they have your permission. It should be illegal to deceive people like that and everyone knows it.

Any site that does that is not worth going to. That is why im not on Facebook or any of the other social engineering sites.

#55 4 years ago

Got Puke-stadium spam email today.
    I'll make sure to spend the rest of my pinball days letting people know what an overpriced joke the product is.
    Hope that's what their intent was.

(make sure to also use gmail's 'report spam/phishing' feature when you get it)

EDIT: I don't think IFPA was the email list source, the email it came to is not the one registered with IFPA.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have to think it is actually Pinball Expo that had and sold the list. I have a customer that is not on pinside or ifpa, but he did sign up and go to expo last year (2018) and since then has received emails from Pinball Star. Each time he receives it forwards it to me asking how these people got his email. That is the only thing that we could come up with because that was the only event he went to. He doesn't look up pinball anything, just relies on me to keep him "up to date."

I get Pinball Star emails and have never been to his website or emailed him.

Now I have email GAP , and get regular updates when new games arrive.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-sharing-personal-information/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.