Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sputnik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0540 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0539 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0538 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0532 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0531 (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.36.52 PM (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

So i got this PM from:

KEITHJOE
    Keith Bent

Mate, ask Lavin in Rockford, I think he has the Star Wars available for sale. His email is [email protected]

-------

I send an inquiry email to his "friend" Lavin.

-------

Lavin sends me this email with pix of a DE Star Wars that FUN in Texas is selling or sold:

Dan - Thanks for writing. Sorry for late in response, I just get a chance to check my mail. Yes i have my Star Wars pinball machine for sale. The machine is in great condition overall. I have gone over this machine and it is in excellent working condition. No issues. The wiring inside is perfectly working. Reason for selling, Need to cover some bills..LOL. No broken plastics or ramps. Original manual is included. I'm in Illinois and asking a $1,575 shipped. Payment via Walmart. What's your complete shipping address so that i can calculate the shipping cost from my freight handler?

Thanks

Chris
    2114 Douglas St 
    Rockford Illinois 61103

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.36.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.36.52 PM (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

yup those look like FUN pictures. how much do those usually go for 1575 shipped seems insanely cheap. Wal-Mart card alright!!

#3 6 years ago

Nowadays they go for $3-$5k and up.

Quoted from hocuslocus:

yup those look like FUN pictures. how much do those usually go for 1575 shipped seems insanely cheap. Wal-Mart card alright!!

#4 6 years ago

Payment via Walmart? Never heard of that, maybe meet in the parking lot with a bag of cash?

Scammers are getting lazy.

#5 6 years ago

And why would he need your shipping address to calculate shipping costs if it's $1,575 shipped?

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for the information. KEITHJOE's account has been blocked.

#7 6 years ago

Walmart=Moneygram wire transfer. Many stores have them.

#8 6 years ago

Wow! What a deal.

#9 6 years ago

I never heard of this guy and I live pretty much in rockford.

#10 6 years ago

I unfortunately did a Walmart card years ago for a Dale Earnhardt Pool table light for $135....you guessed it I lost. They way to do it is to send a postal money order and if they default it's a Federal Offense.

I hate people like this

#11 6 years ago

Read this if you have not already. As usual, Vid has thought it through in great detail.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide

#12 6 years ago

I got the exact same message after posting a want ad for a WPT. (Same wording just replace SW with WPT.) I didn't even get past the first word before questioning the validity of the message. "Mate" isn't slang I usually hear from Osceola, IN. Since my ad said I was lookin' four local or well known/respected only for shipped, his vague message wasn't followed up on (didn't even say if his friend was in Rockford TX or Illinois).

#13 6 years ago

I got the same message from pinsider Slingerjesse same email to email a Chris in Illinois. Reported it to the mods and he got blocked at least from that account.

#14 6 years ago

yeah that was a red flag, but I was hoping he moved here from Australia or the U.K.

Quoted from Dr_Smith:

I got the exact same message after posting a want ad for a WPT. (Same wording just replace SW with WPT.) I didn't even get past the first word before questioning the validity of the message. "Mate" isn't slang I usually hear from Osceola, IN. Since my ad said I was lookin' four local or well known/respected only for shipped, his vague message wasn't followed up on (didn't even say if his friend was in Rockford TX or Illinois).

#15 6 years ago

Total
    Scam got the same message I am looking for a BSD

#16 6 years ago

So
    I am looking for an Embryon cabinet
    I get a text from "John" informing me he knows someone with a minty Embryon cabinet in Seattle.
    I email his contact and I get almost the EXACT same email as OP Pacman.
    Bullshit detector goes off because who the fuck is gonna ship a wide body cabinet in perfect shape for 110 total?

IMG_0531 (resized).PNGIMG_0531 (resized).PNG

IMG_0532 (resized).PNGIMG_0532 (resized).PNG

#17 6 years ago

NEVER wire transfer money to anyone. The transaction offers no recourse and that's why scammers will accept nothing more.

#19 6 years ago

So what I have learned here: no reason to put your phone number on a pinside ad.

#20 6 years ago

The good news is this cabinet comes with the elusive 6 inch Johnson Rod.

IMG_0538 (resized).PNGIMG_0538 (resized).PNG

#21 6 years ago

Quoted from Brich:

The good news is this cabinet comes with the elusive 6 inch Johnson Rod.

#22 6 years ago

Good one! Reminds me of one of my favorite websites 419eater. Maybe they need a pinball section.

#23 6 years ago

Lol, as if they actually bothered to do any research on your question. Good way to sniff out frauds.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Brich:

So what I have learned here: no reason to put your phone number on a pinside ad.

I recommend using a Google Voice number to weed out scammers. After you're sure they are legit then use your real contact info.
    https://www.google.com/voice

#26 6 years ago

I like how he didn't try and claim the more rare uncut rod... that would have made the deal too good to be true!

#27 6 years ago

IMG_0539 (resized).PNGIMG_0539 (resized).PNG

#28 6 years ago

IMG_0540 (resized).PNGIMG_0540 (resized).PNG

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Good one! Reminds me of one of my favorite websites 419eater. Maybe they need a pinball section.

Have you seen these? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnNlJNSRxa3PF8XrKHOEPug

#30 6 years ago

I love when scammers and telemarketers that won't take no get played.

#31 6 years ago

Wow, an embryon cabinet from a Nigerian Prince...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-scammer-alert-user-keithjoe-tophervinlagmailcom?hl=mattmarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.