Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kermit24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Since the marketplace has become a larger part of Pinside, the average sales price and market estimates have been a great way to get a ballpark of pricing.

This completely falls apart when the Premium and LE are lumped together, since the pricing is different. Also, it makes filtering the marketplace listings more difficult if only looking for premium since they are lumped together, and often you need to read the listing details to see what actual model is for sale.

Can we break apart these two into separate games?

#2 7 years ago

It is also confusing when a FS ad is placed for an LE/Premium. I agree, break them apart.

#3 7 years ago

For rankings I think they should be the same due to the games offering the same gameplay features but there should be some way to split them up for the market place.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For rankings I think they should be the same due to the games offering the same gameplay features but there should be some way to split them up for the market place.

Yes. Find a way to lump them together for ranking / scoring purposes, but separate everywhere else.

#5 7 years ago

I consider it a bug that I have to drill down into an ad to find out what the seller is actually selling. Totally agree, separate listings and historical pricing for Prem/LE. But keep together for ranking/scoring.

#6 7 years ago

I agree with, I like that they are together for ratings but would be nice to have the marketplace split them.

Certainly would be a nice tweak - (Sorry if this is a tough one to accomplish!) Thanks Robin for your continued improvement of the site and for being open to feedback like this!

#7 7 years ago

And while we are at it..'Shopped' and 'Restored' are 2 totally different conditions (at least in my eyes).

I just bought a 'shopped' CP that I put 45 hours into it..and I still don't considered it restored

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

And while we are at it..'Shopped' and 'Restored' are 2 totally different conditions (at least in my eyes).
    I just bought a 'shopped' CP that I put 45 hours into it..and I still don't considered it restored

Totally agree

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

That's why I always list all the things I've done to a game in the ad. It makes for a longer ad, but I want the buyer to know everything that I did to justify the price.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Since the marketplace has become a larger part of Pinside, the average sales price and market estimates have been a great way to get a ballpark of pricing.
    This completely falls apart when the Premium and LE are lumped together, since the pricing is different. Also, it makes filtering the marketplace listings more difficult if only looking for premium since they are lumped together, and often you need to read the listing details to see what actual model is for sale.
    Can we break apart these two into separate games?

The mod team was just discussing this yesterday, and I think we're on the same page as you. For the purpose of the marketplace, there deifnitely needs to be a distinction.

#11 7 years ago

There should, and I assume will be, a separation for market place ads. I will just add that until it happens, The lister can make it easier on everyone by actually saying whether it's a Prem or LE in the description

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The mod team was just discussing this yesterday, and I think we're on the same page as you. For the purpose of the marketplace, there deifnitely needs to be a distinction.

I just made a comment (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/req-medieval-madness-remake#post-3142127) on another thread about this. Have you thought about making a new data type of a sub-game? (So a ruby WOz would be a sub-game of WOz, for example). Each data field could either be inherited or unique to the sub-game. I don't know anything about the back end of Pinside, so no idea how difficult this is...

You mentioned the marketplace, but I'd like to see the same distinction made at least in the collection area of members' profiles, and possibly in the tags applied to posts.

Thanks

2 months later
    #13 7 years ago

Hey any news on this? I think it makes a lot of senses of seperate the Premium and LE in collections and marketplace. High scores can be combined of course.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-premium-and-le-need-seperate-listings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.