Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Blakesell
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a9cdc38873e9c73f4e582643b20afdae.jpg
    pr4.jpg
    pr3.jpg
    pr2.jpg
    pr1.jpg

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Yep, click it to bring up the drop down menu and it's at the bottom.

Thanks! I completely missed that.

#52 11 years ago

I notice that Robin used me as an example. Hopefully as a good example, not a warning to others

steve

#53 11 years ago

Robin:

Any way to add a feature to PM's so that pics can be uploaded and sent to Pinsiders?

Might be kinda handy.

Many thanks.

#54 11 years ago

I think this is all great! if you are still accepting testers I would love to be one!

#55 11 years ago

Just a head up. If anyone sees a tilt or thumbs down from me in this thread, and only this thread its because I am playing around with the system.

#56 11 years ago

Ok so I see you can change your votes at anytime. Will it stay like this, or will there be a lock in time where you won't be able to change your vote?

#57 11 years ago

I'd be willing to help test if you are still looking for people.

#58 11 years ago

Sounds like some good ideas to me. I'm willing to give it a try.

#59 11 years ago

I'm in!

#60 11 years ago

I'd say it's ready to implement any time now.

I like that the tilt warnings will be public as far as who tilted the post, that will likely discourage most of the tilt trolls. For instance, somebody tilted the OFF TOPIC ice cream post recently that was obviously all in good fun/conversation and had absolutely no offensive content.

#61 11 years ago

Sign me up too. Oh wait I am already in.

Thank you Robin for all of your hard work changes look good so far.

#62 11 years ago

count me in Robin

#63 11 years ago

People who want to try it: simply surf to http://beta.pinside.com/pinball/forum to try the new ratings system. This beta site will be open for a limited time. I specifically want confirmation if it works properly in your browser.

Native English speakers, I feel my help texts may be a bit long and probably not the best English. If you have any suggestion, text-wise, how I could improve the help texts and dialog boxes then please chime in. You can also do this via PM to me.

Quoted from gweempose:

I think if someone TILTs their own post, it should automatically hide the post from everyone who has the auto-hide feature turned on, regardless of their threshold setting.

Technically this could be done, but I'm afraid it will make the system too hard to explain. Most likely will cause a lot of confusion.

Quoted from NM:

Any way to add a feature to PM's so that pics can be uploaded and sent to Pinsiders?

I like the idea, but please open a new topic for it in the "Pinside website" sub forum. This topic is about the ratings system.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #65 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

From what I see, your English is better than the majority of native English speakers.

No kidding.

#66 11 years ago

Hehe thanks!

So, what do you all say - Are we good to go live with the new ratings system?

I didn't get *any* bug reports, which means a) no one is testing or b) everything works or c) nothing works and no one is telling me about it

#67 11 years ago

It all works fine on Google Chrome. Let's roll

#68 11 years ago

It works fine for me, I like it, lets do this thing.

#69 11 years ago

I'm down

#71 11 years ago

all good here

#72 11 years ago

iPad - aok

#73 11 years ago

Awesome work

#75 11 years ago

The only thing I've noticed is that the tooltips that pop up when hovering over a button don't disappear on my Android tablet the same way they do on a PC. I think it happens since there is no way to move a mouse pointer on the tablet. While browsing the forum, I end up with multiple "X new posts..." and "You have not opened..." tooltips.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

The only thing I've noticed is that the tooltips that pop up when hovering over a button don't disappear on my Android tablet the same way they do on a PC.

Same thing on the iPad. However, I've learned to live with it.

Everything is working on Chrome!

Pete

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

The only thing I've noticed is that the tooltips that pop up when hovering over a button don't disappear on my Android tablet the same way they do on a PC.

Did you test this in the past few hours? I have done some tweaks and the balloon tips should now be disabled on all touchscreen devices.

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

herg said:The only thing I've noticed is that the tooltips that pop up when hovering over a button don't disappear on my Android tablet the same way they do on a PC.
    Did you test this in the past few hours? I have done some tweaks and the balloon tips should now be disabled on all touchscreen devices.

Very nice. The more compatible pinside is with my phone, the better. Thanks Robin, I love the new improvements.

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

herg said:The only thing I've noticed is that the tooltips that pop up when hovering over a button don't disappear on my Android tablet the same way they do on a PC.

No, I haven't used the tablet since last night. I can give it a try when I get home this evening.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I can give it a try when I get home this evening.

That would be great.

#81 11 years ago

SWITCHED! The beta has moved to live, thanks for all who tested.

Let me know if you notice anything strange, I hope everything will run smoothly!

#82 11 years ago

Tested thumbs up and down, cool feature!

#83 11 years ago

I kept the beta version up and thought pinside had gone down!

NO! NOT NOW! NOT ON A MONDAY! NOT WHILE I SHOULD BE WORKING!!

Ok, it's not down, it's just no longer beta.. phew.

I like the little OP tag in the corner now too, makes it a lot easier to follow when people are starting their own agendas in a thread.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

NO! NOT NOW! NOT ON A MONDAY! NOT WHILE I SHOULD BE WORKING!!

Everyone: Just a heads-up: Your Pinside Karma points may be a little lower after todays update.

Why? Well the score you get for a thumbs up is different from the old ratings system (which used multipliers and complicated scientific calculations).

Rest assured that all other frequent posters on the forum also go down a little in Karma Points. So you all go down together.

#85 11 years ago

These changes are going to be a big improvement. Thanks Robin.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

I like the little OP tag in the corner now too

I know, that was a nice little surprise when I woke up this morning. Way to go, Robin!

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Everyone: Just a heads-up: Your Pinside Karma points may be a little lower after todays update.

Why? Well the score you get for a thumbs up is different from the old ratings system (which used multipliers and complicated scientific calculations).

Shouldn't a "thumbs up" be worth as much as a 4x Replay comment of before?

At 1 point a piece added to your Karma, the "Thumbs Up" becomes almost meaningless (value-wise, that is).

I'm okay either way...just curious to see if I'm missing something.

Pete

#88 11 years ago

Had to go and remove the Thumbs down and tilt warning I left while this was in beta hehe.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

So you all go down together.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #91 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

At 1 point a piece added to your Karma, the "Thumbs Up" becomes almost meaningless (value-wise, that is).

Maybe make it 3 or 5 points extra for each thumbs up?

Otherwise a great update, Robin! Looks like you put a lot of thought into this.

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I thought about that, but this will only make ratings more attractive to abuse. The karma point is a little extra, but the most important is the number of thumbs up your post got, people agreeing or appreciating your post.

Maybe in the future we'll be able to up the score per thumb up. We'll see.

#93 11 years ago

Typing at the same time!

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

herg said:I can give it a try when I get home this evening.

That would be great.

I'm browsing on the tablet now, and the tooltips are gone.

#96 11 years ago

Working good in IE9. Thanks Robin.

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

pmWolf said:Shouldn't a "thumbs up" be worth as much as a 4x Replay comment of before?

I thought about that, but this will only make ratings more attractive to abuse. The karma point is a little extra, but the most important is the number of thumbs up your post got, people agreeing or appreciating your post.
    Maybe in the future we'll be able to up the score per thumb up. We'll see.

I think it is fine as is Robin. The scoring on the old system was a bit excessive in my opinion. This seems just right.

#98 11 years ago

On iOS the info box appears when I make a vote. I normally wouldn't complain about that but it blocks text below and there's no way to get that to disappear other than refreshing the page. It might be better using a PC though.

a9cdc38873e9c73f4e582643b20afdae.jpga9cdc38873e9c73f4e582643b20afdae.jpg

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

On iOS the info box appears when I make a vote. I normally wouldn't complain about that but it blocks text below and there's no way to get that to disappear other than refreshing the page. It might be better using a PC though.

This still happens on my iPad. I usually can get around it without refreshing (I scroll up, and hit the "No Votes/ X Votes" section of a post far above. Then, when the window pops up, it does it far away from where I'm currently reading).

Pete

#100 11 years ago

Looks like the "Tilt" system works! It it possible to turn the tilt box red when a tilt is > 0?

I definitely like the new system. Great work Robin.

--Scott

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-post-ratings-and-tilt-system-version-two/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.