(Topic ID: 198153)

Pinside Points? Does anyone really care?

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pinside Points & Score. Is it important to you?”

• Yes 32 votes
      21%
    • No 69 votes
      46%
    • What the hell is a Pinside Point? 49 votes
      33%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

koolaidpoints29big (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    prize_counter_pano2014.jpg
    IMG_2816 (resized).PNG
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I have been known from time to time for making my fair share of Threads. Guilty as charged. I like pinside. SO WHAT! I have been called out a few times saying you only do this for points or some sort of Pinside stats. I for one don't really understand the whole points thing. How it benefits you or why it is important to some. Never been a big trophy kind of guy. Would not know what to do if I ever got a pat on my back. Here is the question.
    How many of you care about your pinside points? Do you look to increase your level
    by completing acheviements?

I do not care about points.. Not saying anything bad about someone who does care. That's all good as well. Let us know how you feel about Pinside rankings.

If you are into the whole points thing perhaps you could shed some light on what it does to better ones experience on pinside?

#2 6 years ago

I care about the points. It's a nice way to see what kind of poster someone is. For me it kinda holds me accountable. I want a good score, therefore I behave myself better. It's fun to get new achievements etc...

I think if everyone cared, and real names were required, the site might be a little less hostile and rambly. Just my opinion

#3 6 years ago

I must have missed something. What is pinside points?

#4 6 years ago

I've never noticed it until this thread. Now I can't unsee it.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

I think if everyone cared, and real names were required, the site might be a little less hostile and rambly. Just my opinion

PinSide points for credibility is not my motivation on this website or this hobby.

This is why some people left PinSide and went to Facebook, among many other websites.
    Even TWIP is better sometimes as it provides the highlights without the drama in a few short minutes of reading.
    I personally just use the all websites for resources, including things like PPS forums.

A person is required to be approved on a specific Facebook group and verified by an actual member similar to here, but credibility is better.
    Over time credibility of the individual is very quickly established.
    If they have no business in a group, they are denied.
    If a person gets overly belligerent, he is identified, and simply booted.
    Trollish behavior results in removal, as it is not helpful.
    Unknowledgeable behavior is corrected by experienced individuals without punishment and generally cordial.
    If a person uses duplicate FaceBook profiles based on simple research, the person is also booted.

Simply put people get policed, if they are overly stupid.

The EM Pinball group for example is over 2700 members in less than a few years.
    They are also receiving quality assistance and support.
    Local regional support is also very strong.
    Local games sales between collectors is generally amicable.

It is starting to "take wings", and I actually like it, because messenger let you help people for technical support online and live.

Right now, inmates run this particular asylum.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This is why people left PinSide and went to Facebook.
    The EM Pinball group for example is over 2700 members in less than a few years. They are also receiving quality assistance and support. Local regional support is also very strong.

It's also why most competitors talk about competitions on other sites

#8 6 years ago

Is it like a video game thing? Where you track your progress and all the items you've collected, like Legend of Zelda. People are into that sort of thing but I have no use for it. Maybe Pinside needs a code update.

#9 6 years ago

I don't see the point................................................

#10 6 years ago

All I know is that I have a few outstanding stats on the Xbox one and 360 for the COD Nazi zombies game. I have completed and collected every achievement for them, and looking on some stats ranking pages the other day and found I was in the top 1k in the world for a couple of things like doors opened and miles ran. I get a kick out of completing the easter eggs and such.

The achievements on pinside, I have seen my completed ones but never a total list of unfinished ones. So if I get em fine if I don't fine. Your not turning me into some pinball addict trying to collect them all.

Is there a fishing achievement?? I see troll posts all the damn time. And folks bite hook line and sinker. If not there should be. Maybe an achievement only a moderator can give you and one that you don't ever want to have. Kinda like the old maid card.

#11 6 years ago

I'm saving mine up for retirement.

#12 6 years ago

You can trade them in for points on your next mortgage.

I don't see a big deal. Fun for some, not noticed by others. No harm, no foul. I didn't know about them either.

#13 6 years ago

When you get 100k you get a bus ticket to expo!

#14 6 years ago

i can unlock legendary armor with pts?

#15 6 years ago

I redeem my points for airline miles

#16 6 years ago

I enjoy the achievements area and points are kind of fun. Just a little bit of "interesting to see" in my pinball world....

#17 6 years ago

Points...We dont need no stinking points.

#18 6 years ago

Can I redeem my points?

#19 6 years ago

I was going to prestige and unlock my gold avatar but I don't want to look like a noob with a measly 46k points. Crap, people offer me free pins now that I'm at nearly 100k Pinside points. The best part is that all the beautiful women want to be seen with the Pinside elite like me. @ OP You'll get there someday.

#20 6 years ago

Well played Sir.

#21 6 years ago

I'm not going to respond seriously to this thread, you are obviously just started this for points.
    Also, what are pinside points and whats the point?

#22 6 years ago

If you can't see what you are missing, how are pinsiders trying to gain points?

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pmuis:

I'm not going to respond seriously to this thread, you are obviously just started this for points.
    Also, what are pinside points and whats the point?

The point is, I have more than you do!

#24 6 years ago

No pointing fingers!

#25 6 years ago

I guess I never really thought about it. I can see how it might be fun for some. For me, I'm just glad pinside exists I guess. I've learned quite a bit from this forum.

#26 6 years ago

Saving up the points for my FREE Pinside T-Shirt.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

PinSide points for credibility is not my motivation on this website or this hobby.
    This is why some people left PinSide and went to Facebook, among many other websites.
    Even TWIP is better sometimes as it provides the highlights without the drama in a few short minutes of reading.
    I personally just use the all websites for resources, including things like PPS forums.
    A person is required to be approved on a specific Facebook group and verified by an actual member similar to here, but credibility is better.
    Over time credibility of the individual is very quickly established.
    If they have no business in a group, they are denied.
    If a person gets overly belligerent, he is identified, and simply booted.
    Trollish behavior results in removal, as it is not helpful.
    Unknowledgeable behavior is corrected by experienced individuals without punishment and generally cordial.
    If a person uses duplicate FaceBook profiles based on simple research, the person is also booted.
    Simply put people get policed, if they are overly stupid.
    The EM Pinball group for example is over 2700 members in less than a few years.
    They are also receiving quality assistance and support.
    Local regional support is also very strong.
    Local games sales between collectors is generally amicable.
    It is starting to "take wings", and I actually like it, because messenger let you help people for technical support online and live.
    Right now, inmates run this particular asylum.

You said on KPP that you had quit Pinside. That obviously didn't last long

#28 6 years ago

How do find out how many points you have?

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

How do find out how ma y points you have?

Right of avatar left of post count

#30 6 years ago

Ok Fine! I went and looked. I had to shuffle through a lot of pages to find out where my "points" were listed. Still didn't matter to me. Probably the last time I'll look.

(And if you could please thumb this down... I'm really close to my next achievement!)

#31 6 years ago

No, points mean nothing...post count is what matters

#32 6 years ago

Points and post counts partially help me determine who is safe to trade/sell/buy with.

I find I give better prices to people with a good attitude that also have a positive presence on Pinside.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Points and post counts partially help me determine who is safe to trade/sell/buy with.
    I find I give better prices to people with a good attitude that also have a positive presence on Pinside.

That Genie from Totan looks amazing Modfather!

#34 6 years ago

What's the point of this thread?

#35 6 years ago

topic is for more points I would presume. But only the Op can answer it

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

What's the point of this thread?

Obviously to run up the OP's points.

#37 6 years ago

took me 6 years to get the 683 posts . but 313 in a year is impressive . I'm off about 1200 off from total and 200 posts from your avg a year thus far Jon.
    I better start finding some topics to post and or reply to if I am to catch up /or stay ahead.
    Hey where is my expo tickets and t-shirts . missed that section

#39 6 years ago

Nobody cares about points. What really matters is your log in streak. I've actually had someone offer me cash to not log in so that their name would move up the list.
    IMG_2816 (resized).PNGIMG_2816 (resized).PNG

Truth is, I don't really care about my log in streak, but I do enjoy coming here and catching up on the daily news in the pinball world. I'll break my streak when I finally get a vacation. (Hopefully this winter sometime.)

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

What really matters is your log in streak.

I stay logged in. So probably not on the list.

LTG : )

#41 6 years ago

I also stay logged in. So I am not on the list.

#42 6 years ago

I must point out that the point of this post was to point out the pointing system. I hope you got the point.

How many points did I get for this?

#44 6 years ago

I am posting this so I can see how many points I have next to my name. I never knew about these points. I think I don't really care.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

I am posting this so I can see how many points I have next to my name. I never knew about these points. I think I don't really care.

in 6 years you may be up to 650 posts 49K ACH and 9 pins in your collection and 20-30 ratings given on games says the law of avg's

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

The point is, I have more than you do!

Wait here, I'll start some threads

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I must have missed something. What is pinside points?

Exactly !!

John

#48 6 years ago

I care about pinside points about as much as I care about their game ranking and rating system. Just something that doesn't deserve much if any attention.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

If you can't see what you are missing, how are pinsiders trying to gain points?

look at others profiles and see what they have that you dont. its how i found out about them in the first place!!

#50 6 years ago

What will you spend your points on?

prize_counter_pano2014.jpgprize_counter_pano2014.jpg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-points-does-anyone-really-care?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.