(Topic ID: 198153)

Pinside Points? Does anyone really care?

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pinside Points & Score. Is it important to you?”

• Yes 32 votes
      21%
    • No 69 votes
      46%
    • What the hell is a Pinside Point? 49 votes
      33%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

koolaidpoints29big (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    prize_counter_pano2014.jpg
    IMG_2816 (resized).PNG
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

I logged in once. really ?? People log off.??

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

What will you spend your points on?

A cheeseburger.

#53 6 years ago

I don't need points... I have S&H green stamps!

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I have S&H green stamps!

Woo hoo!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

What will you spend your points on?

Hey, couldn't that be a great idea? Pinside points could be redeemed for, or tier unlocked useless content. Something like special emojis or stickers that you could add to your posts. Something to stand out a bit.

= 5000 pts
    = 10000 pts
    = 50000 pts
    = 75000 pts

Something new though not the existing ones.

#56 6 years ago

Pinside could also run votes / contests for what new emoji to release next. It would give a reason to strive for more pts.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spock:

I don't see the point................................................

That's because you don't have any!

#58 6 years ago

Point check.

#59 6 years ago

you guys must have a crapload of extra time on your hands to see these useless stats that pinside even has. Log in days? really? Why the hell is that even a stat that's tracked? What do we win? I think this site should just start kicking out prizes for some of this crap, just to give it an actual purpose and to increase the useless traffic from 96.7% to at least 99.2 if not .3%.

#61 6 years ago

koolaidpoints29big (resized).jpgkoolaidpoints29big (resized).jpg

#62 6 years ago

ASOA On another forum you commented that a poster had one hell of a Pinside rating. A couple hours later on Pinside you post "Have no clue about ratings or points. That is not the reason for my many posts. The true reason is 'Addicted to Pinside'." I was going to call BS on you but let it go. But now another thread? Why don't you spend some time actually playing pinball instead of buying NIB games and trying to up your Pinside rating.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

I have been known from time to time for making my fair share of Threads. Guilty as charged. I like pinside. SO WHAT! I have been called out a few times saying you only do this for points or some sort of Pinside stats. I for one don't really understand the whole points thing. How it benefits you or why it is important to some. Never been a big trophy kind of guy. Would not know what to do if I ever got a pat on my back. Here is the question.
    How many of you care about your pinside points? Do you look to increase your level
    by completing acheviements?
    I do not care about points.. Not saying anything bad about someone who does care. That's all good as well. Let us know how you feel about Pinside rankings.
    If you are into the whole points thing perhaps you could shed some light on what it does to better ones experience on pinside?

It's one more fun thing to do here so don't over think it, just have fun.

#64 6 years ago

It was a joke created for that individual. He had accused me of posting things for points and I did not know what he was talking about. He knew what it meant. Don't care about points. don't know how many I have. Just posting things cause I choose to. My apologies if I have offended you with my posts. If you look at what I said inside his post to sell his XMEN LE was that it is a good price for a good game. Bumped his post to the top to get him more views. Tried to help the guy out. Then I said what I said as a inside joke between us. He is a good dude. Stop taking things so serious. SCREW THE POINTS.

#65 6 years ago

This thread was created by me. Lots of people contributed and joked around. This is all in good fun. That is why I do what I do. NOT FOR POINTS!

#66 6 years ago

I didn't get it until now, Dohhhhh Ha.

#67 6 years ago

Thanks for the Bump/ Also I got sellers remorse before selling it and now will most likely take the For sale ad down.
    And Modfather told me " Oh your one of those guys"
    In which I answered "yes I am " Now whom did I sell my Scared Stiff and Indiana Jones too all them years ago. I want them back

#68 6 years ago

I have bought and sold most of the games in my collection multiple times. Sellers remorse is fine with me - seems like that is a technique I use to figure out if the game is really a keeper for me. Just how much pain do I experience once it is gone? Now that I see that typewritten out, it makes me feel like I am insane...

#69 6 years ago

Your not insane AJB4. I am the same way. I guess we both could be crazy.
    As far as Pinside points - I don't really think about them, at least not nearly as much as when they were classified as karma.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-points-does-anyone-really-care/page/2?hl=panic_flip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.