(Topic ID: 230287)

Pinside Pinball Game Database -- Adding Game Specific Parts Info (?)

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

This post is a spinoff/expansion of ideas from the rubber ring database post in the tech forum.

As I've progressed through reviving, shopping, and somewhat restoring several pinball games I have spent a lot of time looking up needed parts for those games. When available I've used the manual, Pinside, and other web forums/pinball parts suppliers to determine what parts I need and in what quantity. I was wondering if there would be a way to add some of that information to the Pinside Pinball Game Database to make it easier for future reference. Perhaps this is better directed to robin specifically but also would like to hear other's thoughts -- is that something other people would use?

I am thinking sizes/numbers of rubber rings as well as throwing in ideas that others have had of bulb counts, post counts, fuses, specific board sets, etc. Currently the database has categories of an overview, details, ratings, photos, ownership, classifieds, scoring and forum posts; parts information might best fit in the details category but the available subcategories of Noteworthy Features/Trivia do not best describe the additions I am thinking. Could another subcategory be added here for parts info or could another game category be added at the top?

I suppose what I am getting at is #1. Would other Pinsider's find this information useful, and #2. Where would be the best place to add it? I would have no problem adding parts information to the Noteworthy Features subcategory, but I do not know that is the best place to start piling in a bunch of stats.

Thoughts?

#2 5 years ago

I would help document parts. Lots of random parts that need better documented pictures

#3 5 years ago

Morning Bump to see what the daytime crowd thinks.

#4 5 years ago

This could be very helpful!!
    Perhaps it could be a standardized list with content people search for most.
    1. Controlled lamp bulbs - ## 44 bulbs, ## 555
    2. GI bulbs - ## 44 bulbs, ## 555 bulbs
    3. Backbox bulbs - ## 44, ## 555 blubs
    5. Playfield posts - ## Short star post, ## Tall star post
    6. Playfiled rubber ring map
    7. Drop targets - qty and part#
    8. Pop caps - qty and part#
    9. Difficult to find parts - Plastics, ramps, backglass (would be very helpful to know when looking at games to buy)

Depends how detailed people would like to get. General service parts list? or building a game from scratch parts list?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Perhaps it could be a standardized list with content people search for most.
    1. Controlled lamp bulbs - ## 44 bulbs, ## 555
    2. GI bulbs - ## 44 bulbs, ## 555 bulbs
    3. Backbox bulbs - ## 44, ## 555 blubs
    5. Playfield posts - ## Short star post, ## Tall star post
    6. Playfiled rubber ring map
    7. Drop targets - qty and part#
    8. Pop caps - qty and part#
    9. Difficult to find parts - Plastics, ramps, backglass (would be very helpful to know when looking at games to buy)

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. If someone wanted to order LEDs, rubber rings, posts, etc. in ways other than kit form a reference of quantities/sizes could be helpful.

Perhaps I am over-interested in this sort of thing; one of my early jobs was using parts catalogs to inventory/look up pieces of construction equipment. Loved looking at all the pictures in the parts books and knowing what piece went where.

I suppose I could work out a list of various game specific pieces and add them to the "game clubs" -- those might get lost somewhere in the thread though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-pinball-game-database-adding-game-specific-parts-info- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.