72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg
72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg
72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg
72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg
72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I have studied Ghosts my whole life, could (and have) write volumes on the subject.
One question I struggle with, though;
Why do Ghosts have clothes on? Clothes according to the Bible were a necessity of living in a fleshly body, subject to cold,hot, shame and other environmental hazards.
Originally,as I understand it, mankind was naked, naturally.
Yet Ghosts appear wearing the uniform of life they died with, Uniforms, Bridal dresses etc.
If they are truly spiritual creatures, released from the confines of flesh and blood existence, why do they continue to wear the "Chains" so to speak of their former life?

#7 3 years ago

I would hope to hear from those who DO believe in them discuss, since people who don't always return to tired cliche explanations for supernatural occurrences.
Not criticizine anyone for not believing. Just tired of hearing its the wind, a cat, house settling,random act, intentional prank etc.
Plus, Ghosts venture in to a belief in the afterlife, which cannot be fully,properly discussed on this Forum. Tired of dancing around profound,interesting Topics with word play to keep from getting banned or moderated.

1 month later
#163 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

The pic is on my phone. I have no clue how to use that phone to do anything with the pic. (my friends have no clue how to do it either, my phone is different than what they have).
If you are ever passing through shoot me a pm and hang out a while, and remind me to show you the pic.

Johnny, Grandad is in the cloud of witness's. Something else is terrorizing you. Pray authority over it and command it to leave.

2 months later
#201 2 years ago

Thomas Edison was working on a machine that could talk to the dead (allegedly) toward the end of his life.
He had encountered a primitive form of EVP through ratty speakers and plenty of static.
In Theory, I know the secret to producing this machine. Tonight, I will give it away.
A Radio Receiver that picks up all channels simultaneously.
Now, I am not an expert and uncertain if such a receiver could be built.
Imagine a Raw Receiver for EVERY radio wave with no tuning save volume control.
The output through a very large speaker in to a fan, I feel, would give the clearest message.
Anyone familiar with EVP knows the only messages delivered are choppy, vague.
This is because they are trying to communicate through a primitive system.
It is obvious they CAN communicate through some electronic devices.
More on this later.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm just happy one of my favorite threads got bumped

I know they have devices similar to this for capturing EVP's but not exactly what you're describing. Basically it runs through all the radio channels very quickly and it picks up the EVP's. I've seen it used on a few ghost hunting videos

Its my Theory that one RAW receiver picking up hundreds of channels at the same time would be more effective, just don't know how to build it.
Most researchers in this sort of thing used to agree magnetic tape recorders were the best at capturing transmissions. Now they are using digital, which to me is circumspect.
EVP have been captured just using a fan. I have experienced this several times (completely straight). Several times it was ethereal music, though have heard conversations as well.
Fans have produced more complete EVP than any other method for me.
Would never ask questions to the air like so many people do, the danger of conjuring demons mimicking ghosts is real.
Also dangerous to participate in seances, you are basically inviting anything from the spiritual plane to come in your home.
So everyone donate an old radio and we will wire them all up and place the channel selectors one step up from the other. CB, shortwave, emergency radio, am/fm.
The output speaker will broadcast in to a Leslie speaker, then a large fan.
Simple as pie, got to work!

#206 2 years ago

The best place to visit with Ghosts are in your dreams.
I have visited many departed (such a dreadful word)relatives while dreaming.
One such instance I entered a room with with many people sitting around a long table.
Walking around the table and shaking hands with people recognized but out of place.
They were younger, around 30. Much better looking than the black and white images.
Though many had died before I was born still, I knew them.

#207 2 years ago

Also visited with my Father a little while after he died.
Found myself walking down a Beach like no other Beach, the clarity of the landscape was brilliant.
Came upon a small house, or Cabana really just up the hill from the surf.
I noticed the house timbers had no joints, or nails. Looked as if it had grew in place.
He was there,again around thirsty years old.
You always wanted a small Beach house Pop, this is a nice one.
Yeah, I like it here.
We conversed all night and covered everything.

2 months later
#233 2 years ago

I went to a cemetery in Fisher Park for the photos. Many old small mausoleums and Gothic spires, statuary and marble benches.
A Civil War Memorial where dozens of bodies were unloaded from horse carts and dumped into a common grave. The gnarly oak trees and uneven ground give this place a classic haunted aura.
A firemans Memorial who died in the line of duty, many too poor to afford proper send- aways..
While trying to frame one vision for some reason I looked down at whose grave I was standing on.
Wow, Him!
Growing up in Greensboro everyone knew this guy. Seemed like every week he was giving millions away to a cause,Charity or endowment.
Along with his wife they were the richest couple in Town.
Roads, bridges, Centers named after him. The first time I wondered why someone rich would give their money away in the millions.
This guy was the definition of Philanthropist.
I slowly moved off the grave. It was a humble affair, no big monument, no home-sized granite house to reside in till judgment day.
How does such a man end up in this non-descript location?
Here is to you Joe Bryan, sorry for the trespass.

3 weeks later
#234 2 years ago

Back when TB killed thousands in the US Pinehurst NC, and more specifically nearby Aberdeen became a Mecca for seriously ill people to come for a possible cure.
The nice weather, breezes and quiet isolation lead to a Sanitorium named MCain Hospital being built.
MCain was unlike traditional Hospitals in many ways. Each room enjoyed an adjacent screened in porch where Patients were wheeled out to sleep at night, the belief being the fresh air was a healing factor.
Wooden floors and furniture were used in the belief (true) that wood is naturally resistant to germs and bacteria (hence wooden cutting boards are better than plastic).
By 1971 TB had been cured (somewhat) and so MCain declined, becoming primarily a place for the extremely poor to end their days with care.
My Grandmother met those conditions so was transported from her shack in Pungo in a donated ambulance to the Hospital.
As a Kid the memories of my visits stuck with me hard, the Kind Staff and quiet hallways convinced me this was the way all Hospitals should operated.
No desperate lifesaving measures and ventilators here, just an effort to help a person pass on.
When she was in distress they fixed her a whiskey/egg nog concoction, something unheard of this day in time.
We all sat on her small porch and talked for hours, for once in her hard life she seemed tranquil, happy even.

Years later MCain would be torn down to make room for golf courses and shopping.
I forgot about it.
On a field trip with my Daughters class we went to the big Museum in Raleigh. Looked at Richard Pettys' car, displays of famous people.
Then I saw it out of the corner of my eye.
A room from Mcain Hospital. A REAL room from the Hospital had been saved down to the last detail.
HER room. Standing on them old wood floors again, looking out on the miniature screened in porch, it was overwhelming.
Not sure the display is still there but will find out in a couple of weeks, me and the youngun are going back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-the-topic-of-ghosts?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.