72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg
72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg
72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg
72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg
72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2330 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:I'm not sure if anyone has seen this before, but allegedly this garage/mancave was stirring up enough activity to have the homeowner install Nest Cam inside. Over a three month period, they capture a handful of events, including a Lethal Weapon 3 pin turning on and off by itself.
I believe the clip plays through twice on the video. I also added a screenshot of the garage/mancave so you can see what it looks like with the lights on.
[quoted image]

Pretty neat stuff.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Is that in reference to garage/mancave video? Or is this something else?

Sorry. Was going to type my own story up but decided not to. You caught me before the edit

#80 2 years ago

I won't retell the work stories because I'm not comfortable speaking about it until after I retire, lol.

But my wife feels like our basement/gameroom is haunted. We share a roof with a neighbour and she killed herself about 3 years ago. Since then my wife has mentioned thats she's heard noises coming from the basement. And also swears a pinball machine turned itself on overnight once when she was sleeping. (We never leave our pins on overnight and the next morning she went downstairs and it was on)

She even had the house smudged with sage by a friend/coworker of mine about 2 years ago. Anyways I haven't experienced anything at home...but the neighbour who killed herself had a crush on me and always complimented me on my looks. Figure I'm safe

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Uhh... when are you going to place a security camera downstairs?!?!? You might catch some amazing evidence!

I just asked my wife last time she heard something and she said about a month ago. She claims she heard the flippers going when the machines were turned off downstairs. I asked if she went downstairs to investigate and she said "hell no!"

I also asked her if we should place a camera downstairs and she isn't interested. She also says this only happens when I'm at work (I work nightshifts). I seem to be immune to these happenings.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Uhh... when are you going to place a security camera downstairs?!?!? You might catch some amazing evidence!

I almost feel like clandestinely installing one and seeing what I catch. Any suggestions on a cheap and reliable camera?

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I don't think cheap AND reliable can ever be in the same sentence.
Kidding aside, Nest cameras have been the best for my home, however, they are expensive. Maybe others can chime in on this one.

Touche, lol

I'll take a look tonight to see what's out there. The wife is adamant that she doesn't want a camera installed. I just need something that won't stand out and can be hidden somewhat.

#93 2 years ago

I just ordered the blink mini security camera.

#96 2 years ago

All this talk about ghosts and Wanda (the lady that killed herself next door) with the wife and my AFM suddenly has a credit dot appear.

#99 2 years ago

Camera installed. If I get anything I'll be sure to share it here.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Heard from Wanda yet?

Nope. Haven't been back to work yet. Tomorrow I go back in for 4 nights. Trust me....If I get anything I'll report back.

I'm skeptical but curious.

1 week later
#105 2 years ago

Been getting some alerts on my gameroom camera but it's been mostly just dust and particles getting picked up by the camera/infrared.

But then this morning I got this. Not sure what it is or how it can be explained. I'm still not convinced....but it's odd.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

What do the dust/particles videos look like in comparison to this? Or is there something else besides the particle that I should be looking for?

It's not the same at all. Looks like snow/dandruff falling and there's always a bunch of it. I confirmed with my neighbor and he said his dust/particles that get picked up on his camera look nothing like this. This was much larger, and bobs down and goes back up.

I also noticed that as it bobs upwards and out of frame you can see it's reflection on the black pipe that's to the left. And shortly after that there's a little something that streaks from the bottom left of the frame.

I'm wondering if it's all a camera/lens reflection or trick?
Nevertheless, I haven't seen anything like this on my camera since I've installed it.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

It's definitely Wanda - she's checking out the new camera.
Kidding aside, in my opinion, that's a great clip of an "orb." The fact in moved back up is interesting and the reflection off the pipe is awesome. What was the timestamp on this?
I'm looking forward to see if you can recapture it, or catch anything else in the near future.

Timestamp was this morning. I was upstairs having coffee when I received the notification.

#125 2 years ago

Happened again. Just got this 25 min ago. Still not convinced of anything....would like to know what the big bright orb is. Bug?

Our basement doesn't have any bugs though.

Anyways, left side of frame first few seconds. Some are particles...but the big orb is what caught my eye.

Here's a shitty phone screenshot.
Screenshot_20210506-141110.pngScreenshot_20210506-141110.png

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

We have Blink cameras on the outside of our house. If I remember that is what you ordered also? If yours are setup like ours they need to detect movement before they trigger filming. Ours have never been activated by dust. I have caught a big wasp under the garage eaves before. Usually I get a raccoon or cat on the back deck at night.

That is correct. It's a blink mini....only has motion activation.

Here's a screengrab to show it was detected by motion.
(man in blue running icon)

Screenshot_20210506-152825.pngScreenshot_20210506-152825.png
#131 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Anyone doubting the explanation should deliberately shake a pillow near their camera and be prepared for an orb convention!

Looks like we have found a culprit. Pillow shaking test confirmed.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So a ghost was shaking a pillow while you were asleep????

Wanda had some pretty wicked dandruff. So the logical conclusion is that it's her ghost scratching her head behind the camera. Lol

In all seriousness, nice to see the issue has been resolved. Thanks DanQverymuch

I'll be leaving the camera downstairs and will continue to monitor.

7 months later
#235 2 years ago

The wife did a smudging of the basement last night. Long story....no actual activity that I can tell of. I'm still not convinced the basement is haunted.

Just her spidey senses going off. She's thinking Wanda is still lingering around.

1 year later
#242 11 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Norm, any updates?

Nope. We moved in 2022....wife hasn't said booo about Wanda since the move.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-the-topic-of-ghosts?tu=imnotnorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.