72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
72006055877__062388AD-DD73-4BF2-B7C2-ADDE506236F7 (resized).jpeg
72006054552__F054453A-FA7A-444A-8D8E-C537BEA7F54B (resized).jpeg
72006132300__56EDFC9B-6A94-4210-8F77-E3DD36AD6B46 (resized).jpeg
72006132840__8030AA8B-1264-4AFD-AC22-3E59F6990CAF (resized).jpeg
72006058236__15D488E2-3EFF-45E0-A30E-08DE791B5A43 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2330 (resized).jpeg
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 3 years ago

We have some fantastic UFO discussion going on in the ufos are real forum. We have dabbled in ghost experiences there so I wanted to start a separate thread for ghost tales instead of digressing further.

My background is, I’m a huge horror fan, but I Don’t believe in ghosts per se.

I have been to some of the scariest places, no ghosts were there. We used to play at an abandoned mental institution in Michigan. Not scary, silent.

I was also very religious, for the last thirty years.

I don’t typically believe in ghosts...

So my fiancée always makes the bed. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries and I have to nap everyday. The bed is almost made.

I went to bed the other day (mid day) and my bed was torn down like a hotel. Waiting for me.

I asked my fiancée and she said it was not her. Also, she never does that. She makes it, just no pulled back part.

It made me stop a sec, because I didn’t do it. It was a few days ago, I just went to bed.

Harmless, almost inviting you could say.

They are not all like this I understand.

Do you have any cool stories you would like to share about ghosts. I am very skeptical but I love to hear it all.

Belief is a powerful thing.

#2 3 years ago

I have studied Ghosts my whole life, could (and have) write volumes on the subject.
One question I struggle with, though;
Why do Ghosts have clothes on? Clothes according to the Bible were a necessity of living in a fleshly body, subject to cold,hot, shame and other environmental hazards.
Originally,as I understand it, mankind was naked, naturally.
Yet Ghosts appear wearing the uniform of life they died with, Uniforms, Bridal dresses etc.
If they are truly spiritual creatures, released from the confines of flesh and blood existence, why do they continue to wear the "Chains" so to speak of their former life?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I have studied Ghosts my whole life, could (and have) write volumes on the subject.
Why do Ghosts have clothes on? Clothes according to the Bible were a necessity of living in a fleshly body, subject to cold,hot, shame and other environmental hazards.
Yet Ghosts appear wearing the uniform of life they died with, Uniforms, Bridal dresses etc.
If they are truly spiritual creatures, released from the confines of flesh and blood existence, why do they continue to wear the "Chains" so to speak of their former life?

Nothing is wasted in nature and that includes our collection of life experiences. All the emotions, events, connections and most of all those moments of epiphany. Good and bad.

I have no religion in my life and that’s because I’ll get all the religion I want after I’m dead. If it’s absolute nothingness that’s fine too. Seems contradictory to me to focus on what’s beyond that road before I get to it.

#4 3 years ago

I have friend who had to move out of his house back east about 15 years ago.
I thought his story was interesting:

It was a two story home back east with a basement. He lived there with a live in gal and they would hear a sound like a bowling ball coming down the stairs. Frequently, and of course there was never a ball.

A friend was going to move in and finish the basement but quickly decided not to do either.

When in the basement he would hear and see the shadow of a car through those little windows near the top.

The sound and shadow would move across the 3 windows. There was no car when checked.

I had never heard of a ghost being seen in this way.

I still don’t believe in them though. I don’t think we understand death yet.

He was sure though.

They got out of the house. If I go back there I am going to research the address. From what he is telling me they need to do a show there.

#5 3 years ago

Misposted.

#6 3 years ago

All supernatural phenomenon is a result of man being separated from his true self!
Know thy self!We are the true creators!My people perish for lack of knowledge.The demons ghost etc. are parts of us and our collective unconscious.

#7 3 years ago

I would hope to hear from those who DO believe in them discuss, since people who don't always return to tired cliche explanations for supernatural occurrences.
Not criticizine anyone for not believing. Just tired of hearing its the wind, a cat, house settling,random act, intentional prank etc.
Plus, Ghosts venture in to a belief in the afterlife, which cannot be fully,properly discussed on this Forum. Tired of dancing around profound,interesting Topics with word play to keep from getting banned or moderated.

#8 3 years ago

So you studied ghost your whole life and your question is why they have clothes on?Wow!
Sound like you wasted a lot of time!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Not criticizine anyone for not believing. Just tired of hearing its the wind, a cat, house settling,random act, intentional prank etc.

I live in an old house that's supposed to be extremely haunted. There's a ghost story for every room in the house and everybody in town thinks it's haunted - so much so that I get people telling me stories about my own house at parties (even when the person has never been in my house), and always respond something like "Oh, yeah, the walls drip blood at midnight" or whatever. I've lived here for 15 years and never experienced anything out of the ordinary.

Seems like there are people that experience ghosts (or whatever) and those that do not. I suffer from sleep paralysis and have experienced some pretty freaky things, but it's all in line with typical sleep paralysis experiences - previous owner of my house even left me some typed out "ghost stories" that were obviously her experiences with sleep paralysis. Personally I think sleep paralysis and pareidolia account for the vast majority of ghost and abduction stories, with the effects of environmental infrasound throwing in a wild card here and there.

#10 3 years ago

Everything is based on perceptions and perspectives there is no right or wrong,good and evil.Its all about how you see reality from your personal experiences and expectations.Whats good for you may be evil for me.Conciousness has no limitations except the ones you give it!Everything that has ever been or will ever be exist in the now.Sorry to break it to religious people but there is no god or no devil,those are simple archetypes to help explain our dualistic nature in this 3 dimensional reality we are stuck in at the moment!LOVE is the truth and nothing more,the middle path leads to ascension some find it sooner than others but everyone eventually makes it,however many lifetimes it may take!

#11 3 years ago

My home is over 150 years old and has had two suicides and multiple natural deaths inside it. I lived in it for a few years when I was young and one night while sitting watching tv I distinctly heard someone come up the steps and walk down the porch. I got up to turn on the porch light and the foot steps where still coming towards the door, as I reached the door I turned on the light and opened he door and there was no one to be seen.

When I turned 20 I moved away and rented the house for over 25 years and the various people that lived in it all complained about it being haunted, giving various details of things that would happen, like kitchen cabinets and drawers all being opened in the morning, things on shelves being turned or moved, and doors opening and closing. I came back home in 2006 and took the house over and began a 2 year restoration. There were many days I would feel a 'presence' in the house to the point I had to just get out of it, not afraid of any thing, just a bit bothered by the feeling. As I started to reconstruct, I had to hire help, and one day my help left to run to the store and grab some lunch while I sat in what is now my bedroom listening to someone running full tilt in the hall and the bedroom directly above me. My help returned, and he proceeded to go upstairs and started to call my name. I told him I was downstairs. He kept insisting that I was upstairs as he had heard me walking around up there when he pulled up. I finally convinced him that I was downstairs, and he came down in the room where I was, and after only a minuet or so, the running started back up. We both sat there debating what it could be, and he tried going up there but as soon as he left the room we were in the noise would stop abruptly and start back up a couple of minuets after he came back inside the room downstairs.

I finished the project in 2008 and have lived in the house, more or less, ever since. It is all quiet. No unusual noises, no strange feelings or presence. I did, on purpose, install pocket doors in the entire downstairs in an attempt to combat the mysterious door openings and closings. If I had to make a guess, and I'm do not believe in this kind of garbage, but my guess would be that I removed so much of the original house, that whatever was attached to it got hauled off to the dump or burned in the burn pile. I replaced every wall inside and out. Replaced all the sills and the piers they sit on and put footers under the piers. Every window every door every wire every pipe. The only things left original to the house are the ceilings downstairs, the floor joists for the upstairs and the floors upstairs, the staircase itself, and the ceilings upstairs (which have never been painted and are beautiful) and everything above the top plate.

So that's my 'ghost' story. I'm not asking you to believe it, it is what it is. There was a guy I knew that grew up in the house (he's long since dead) and his grandfather was one of the suicides, and he told me the story about that day in 1929 when he was only about 9 years old. He told me several stories about the house. I've shared mine with you, so enjoy!

#12 3 years ago

I have no ghost stories. My mother, however, lived in a house with a long hall from the upstairs master bedroom to the bathroom. She saw a misty apparition "holding" a long cylinder object moving down the hallway one night. She later found out the old man that had lived their before would use one of those long, silver flashlights that held 4 D size batteries to go to the bathroom at night. Creepy.

#14 3 years ago

Dont believe in ghosts but those old suicide / haunted houses just sound creepy as f! No way I would stay in one

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Dont believe in ghosts but those old suicide / haunted houses just sound creepy as f! No way I would stay in one

Why not if you don't believe in it?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Then what do you believe in that would make it creepy?

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can we start a poll?

Done.

#18 3 years ago

I hear my kitchen cabinets open and close occasionally.

I also have 2 cats

#19 3 years ago

When the time comes, I’m having myself frozen.
I’m hoping they can revive me in 500 years.

#20 3 years ago

I started ghost hunting about 14 years ago as a goof to see if its true or not. I have a BS in Electronics Engineering and Masters in IA so I'm grounded with a logical real world sensibilities.

I can tell all of you without a doubt that it is a real phenomena and there are more "things" beyond ghost spectrum. I've seen shadows and odd lights in places where there are no facilities i.e. power, wifi etc. in the middle of a desert I've heard with my ears voices where no one was present. The biggest bang for the buck is recording EVPs or Electronic Voice Phenomena or voices from an unknown origin. You cant hear them with your ears but they are recorded. Some of my evidence has been used on Ghost Adventures and other shows.

Its a weird topic to talk about because when you tell people you're interacting with things you cant really prove are there they look at you like you nuts

#22 3 years ago

Ghosts are like bigfoot.
Somebody is trying to scare someone or make the news.
Nothing to see here, except scary movies.
Just my opinion.

#23 3 years ago

Too many experiences, many with others to say, "no" to this.
Most all religions extend stories and beliefs on Spirits or our souls.
We come to the eternal questions of life and afterward.
The levels of debate on Reincarnation, Resurrection of Flesh, eternal souls, has always been in our human history.

I've studied the evolution of these, and reached no answers, nor had I ever believed I would.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Ghosts are like bigfoot.
Somebody is trying to scare someone or make the news.
Nothing to see here, except scary movies.
Just my opinion.

Come stay at my house sometime. We had a house sitter that didn't know the history and called us in a panic in the middle of the night because of what he saw and heard. We had contractors leave early when tools began flying off the table in broad daylight. These are people that don't even know our house is haunted. If you can explain what happens in my house scientifically, you're a better man than I.

#25 3 years ago

Fishing line?

#26 3 years ago

I'm just here for the stories, carry on

#27 3 years ago

Me and my family just recently went on a 5 hour ghost tour at the Old Idaho State prison 2 weeks ago late at night. It’s supposed to be the most haunted place in Idaho .Nothing happened.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Me and my family just recently went on a 5 hour ghost tour at the Old Idaho State prison 2 weeks ago late at night. It’s supposed to be the most haunted place in Idaho .Nothing happened.

That's the reason why its panned as a phenomena. It cant be replicated on a regular basis.

I've been to the Washoe Club in NV with 4 others for 2 nights in 2008. 1st night it was quiet as church. The next night we had 2 hours of non stop activity - One girl had her ear ring yanked out of her ear in front of everyone. She contently was being touched. We watched infrared footage of a light that would "appear" and enter her shoulder right before. We were in one room just having a conversation all together. In the playback you can hear several "other" people commenting on us and what we were saying to each other. I've been back there at least 10 times to investigate and its never been like that ever. We still captured stuff but not like that night.

#29 3 years ago

Ghosts are totally real, Ive seen ghost images of the patients I have "accidentally" killed. They hover next to my bed then disappear.

#30 3 years ago

I think I posted this in another ghost thread a while ago but I was trying to take a picture of a couple deer from out the window of my truck on some vacant land near my place, heres the pic and it sure looks like a transparent figure turned to the side looking back at me. You can see what looks like an arm, hand, and hooded face if you enlarge. Also a bunch of weird orbs and streaks.
Interestingly, there used to be a sawmill there and I read an article years ago where a resident old timer was being interviewed, and he said in the 1920s a man was cut in half there by a saw blade that came loose from the machinery. Not saying its a ghost in the picture, but it sure is weird.

B3C6B194-38D5-4D02-807F-1B592F8BC47B (resized).jpegB3C6B194-38D5-4D02-807F-1B592F8BC47B (resized).jpeg

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Not saying its a ghost in the picture, .
[quoted image]

Okay. I am, though.

#32 3 years ago

Sounds plausible.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I think I posted this in another ghost thread a while ago but I was trying to take a picture of a couple deer from out the window of my truck on some vacant land near my place, heres the pic and it sure looks like a transparent figure turned to the side looking back at me. You can see what looks like an arm, hand, and hooded face if you enlarge. Also a bunch of weird orbs and streaks.
Interestingly, there used to be a sawmill there and I read an article years ago where a resident old timer was being interviewed, and he said in the 1920s a man was cut in half there by a saw blade that came loose from the machinery. Not saying its a ghost in the picture, but it sure is weird.

By any chance, were you taking the picture through the glass window of the vehicle?

#34 3 years ago

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

By any chance, were you taking the picture through the glass window of the vehicle?

No the window was down, I was leaning out to snap the pic. Not smudges on the window.

#37 3 years ago

OK, I'll throw in my little ghost, vision or spirit story. What ever you want to call it.
First a little background of the time. My dad died when I was in my early 20's. About 15 years later I moved back into my mothers house to save up to buy my own house.
My story: I was working night shift at the time so was asleep during the day. I was sound asleep and woke up because my father was nudging me and told me I had to get up to take my mom to the hospital. At first it didn't sink in that my dead father was in my room telling me to wake up. I was still half asleep and just closed my eyes for a minute. Then it hit me and I jumped up. My dad was gone but I ran downstairs to the living room and my mom was laying on the floor. She had collapsed and fell. We lived a few blocks away from the hospital so I helped her up and took her there. On the way there I asked her if she was calling out to me and she said no. She fell but didn't call out.
Now let me point out I am hearing impaired with a 60% hearing loss. The chances of me hearing her fall are pretty much none. To this day, as far as I believe. The ghost of my father was in my room to wake me up to take care of my mom.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

When the time comes, I’m having myself frozen.

I'll save you some time. Here's a glimpse to what the world will look like 500 years from now.

I think technically it's 484 years away now.

idiocracy-camacho.jpgidiocracy-camacho.jpg

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Would you want your ding dong flopping in the breeze for all the world to see if you were a ghost?

#40 3 years ago

Ghost Story: We live in a 130 year old home. My wife has seen and heard things since we moved in 23 years ago. I've only heard something once. My wife and I were on the ground floor in the late evening with our kids asleep in their rooms on the 2nd floor. We heard them coming down the stairs. Lots of racket and noise. We waited for them to turn the corner and come into the room we where in. No.... They never came in the room. So we went to investigate and found that they were both still sleeping in their beds. We don't have pets.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

Ghost Story: We live in a 130 year old home. My wife has seen and heard things since we moved in 23 years ago. I've only heard something once. My wife and I were on the ground floor in the late evening with our kids asleep in their rooms on the 2nd floor. We heard them coming down the stairs. Lots of racket and noise. We waited for them to turn the corner and come into the room we where in. No.... They never came in the room. So we went to investigate and found that they were both still sleeping in their beds. We don't have pets.

It was just the wind. Or fishing line.

#42 3 years ago

You laugh, but it is trivially easy to quickly tie a knot on something that will untie itself as it is yanked, perfect for making the thing fly off a table without leaving any evidence. Sounds 100% more likely to me.

Many such documented "hauntings" wind up eventually having a family member confess to these kinds of shenanigans. I know if I learned my family had unwittingly inhabited a "haunted house" that I would be mighty tempted to have some fun along these (fishing?) lines.

#43 3 years ago

There's certainly more to this life than our tiny monkey brains can possibly comprehend. What it is, non of us will ever know.....it's far beyond our intelligence. So 'ghosts' is our best explanation.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

.it's far beyond our intelligence. So 'ghosts' is our best explanation.

I think we all know what it really is ...

tenor.giftenor.gif
#45 3 years ago

About 5 years ago, I was getting ready to join the boys for poker. I was in my walk in closet, and felt a poke on my shoulder. I turned around, and nobody was there. I told the g friend what happened, and she’s a lil spooked about it, as she was gonna be home alone w the dog..
Here’s another 1...
About 7 years ago, I’m house sitting for my sister, and I have the g friend over and we’re having some drinks..we’re overlooking the backyard, and notice some toy that’s flashing in the pool. Weird I’m thinking, as most things need to be turned on..next morning, I look at this toy, and I shit you not, it has no batteries in it!
My father passed away about a month before this happened..still weird shit..

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

You laugh, but it is trivially easy to quickly tie a knot on something that will untie itself as it is yanked, perfect for making the thing fly off a table without leaving any evidence. Sounds 100% more likely to me.
Many such documented "hauntings" wind up eventually having a family member confess to these kinds of shenanigans. I know if I learned my family had inhabited a "haunted house" that I would be mighty tempted to have some fun along these (fishing?) lines.

Wait a second...this is MY house we're talking about. And it happened to contractors working at my house who didn't know it was haunted. So you're saying my wife or I fashioned a fishing line to pull their tools off the table while we hid behind a saw horse or something? That's ridiculous.

And how do you explain the full body apparitions we've seen--I watched one knock on my front door and my wife heard it, then it turned and vanished before walking in front of our front windows and before we could even open the door? Is that mass hallucination or we're just crazy?

That's all just the tip of the iceberg, and people who haven't experienced what we and countless others have are pretty narrow-minded to think they've got it all figured out because there's no science to prove it.

There's a lot we haven't figured out yet, and may never figure out. The earth was once flat, you know.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

you're saying my wife or I fashioned a fishing line to pull their tools off the table while we hid behind a saw horse or something? That's ridiculous.

It would be pointless to claim such a thing when I was not there, and you would deny it anyway. But the idea is not as ridiculous, since it is at least feasible, as claiming that objects can act as though a physical force was exerted on them by some sort of non-corporeal being. It's nonsense.

History is rife with fakers and jokers. The "quiet times" in a haunting are when the hoaxer gets bored fooling everyone for a while, until it comes up again. Otherwise, why wouldn't the ghosts be active all the time?

Plus it says there is no such thing as ghosts in Wikipedia, what more do you want? "The overwhelming consensus of science is that there is no proof that ghosts exist." Note the second word. You'll probably ridicule that cite, but ridicule is meaningless and carries no argumentative weight. It's right, is what matters. Nice write-up, really. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost

Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's a lot we haven't figured out yet, and may never figure out.

There is no scientific basis to make such a claim. That's just hand waving new age claptrap. Just because some asshole in the late 1800's thought physics was complete, it doesn't mean that it's still anything like that far from it now. That's more logical fallacy.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

The earth was once flat, you know.

No it bloody wasn't. Science never thought that, nor did Columbus think he was disproving that. You make my point for me, beliefs are not necessarily true. And it goes way beyond ghosts. Things are real or they're not. Our noggins are prone to many misfires in perception.

#48 3 years ago

I've had some strange personal experiences. My buddies and I lived in an apartment that we swore was haunted. Pots and pans would bang in the middle of the night. Woke up one night and the lights in the place were on when I was there alone.

I've had other experiences the day that my cousin died. My mom saw my Dad after he passed.

Could there be a logical explanation for these things that happened? Sure. Can I prove it either way? Nope.

I wouldn't rule out the existence of ghosts though. If ghosts are real, it's just a matter of time before our technology advances to the point where we can prove it. If they aren't real, then we can keep telling ghost stories and entertaining everyone for decades to come.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:When the time comes, I’m having myself frozen.

Frozen head on a tuna can for 500 years, then?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-williams-frozen-head-abused/

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:I'll save you some time. Here's a glimpse to what the world will look like 500 years from now.
I think technically it's 484 years away now.
[quoted image]

Supposedly the original time was the year 3000 for Idiocracy (the original movie title was 3000), but it's clear we're WAY ahead of schedule.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-the-topic-of-ghosts?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.