Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by wdbthree
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 3 years ago

So in a year filled with 'COVID' fun, I picked up the Bike+ from Peloton. Many say its extremely expensive for what it is, find me a decent spin studio for less though..... Enjoying it immensely, it's keeping me active and from not putting on the COVID-19, hehe.

Started a new hashtag in the Peloton community #pinsidepeloton - would love to see other pinsiders join!

#2 3 years ago

In - hopefully more others as well. We've had the app since 2017 & just finally bought the bike+ also. Still waiting for delivery. My wife & I use it daily one way or another. It's great for us.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

In - hopefully more others as well. We've had the app since 2017 & just finally bought the bike+ also. Still waiting for delivery. My wife & I use it daily one way or another. It's great for us.

Bike+ is great so far, the auto tension and apple gym kit support is well worth the extra cost, then the screen size seals the deal! Looking forward to seeing yourself and other Pinsiders online.

#4 3 years ago

There's another thread already from last year, when the peloton commercial upset so many people. LOL
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/peloton-users#post-5315886

#5 3 years ago

I was thinking of getting the Peloton treadmill, does anyone have one and can comment on it? I hate treadmills that are rough, needs to be soft on the knees etc.

#6 3 years ago

Im going for the Hydrow rowing machine similar to peloton system with coaches and routes.
My butt cant handle a bike seat for more than 30 min.

#7 3 years ago

So, which of you is going to tap into the Peloton mod market?

#8 3 years ago

We got our Peloton around Thanksgiving. It’s been a great purchase. Recently, I did a search on the Peloton app for members who had “pinball” in their member name. There were about 30 of them.

About 15 had “PinballWizard” as part of their name.

#9 3 years ago

We got ours back in Sept 2019 and we love it. I hate riding or walking in the cold. Now we are looking at getting the tread.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was thinking of getting the Peloton treadmill, does anyone have one and can comment on it? I hate treadmills that are rough, needs to be soft on the knees etc.

The tread looks intriguing,comes out shortly in Canada. From everyone I’ve read- good cushioning, so should be easier on the knees. In Canada though, we just get the basic tread- no apple gym kit support. One of the best things I like about the bike plus is the gym kit support, maybe I’m a bit of a snob but will hold out on the tread till they implement this.

My bike is also in my games room, lol.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

We have an original bike and an original tread. Absolutely LOVE the tread. The tank tread is easier on the knees than any machine I’ve ever run on. The screen is gorgeous, and the knobs/controls make it super easy to adjust mid workout. On first blush it seemed to be a beast of a physical footprint. But: turned out to be exact same dimensions as our old one. Just seems so much more substantial.

It’s not cheap (for sure). And: good that there’s the lower cost option now for choice. But: 0.0 regrets on the purchase.
The whole fam uses it frequently (wife and 15 and 12 year old daughters); infinitely more than any of my pins or arcades.

Also enjoy the bike. But: more of a runner vs. a cycled.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

We have an original bike and an original tread. Absolutely LOVE the tread. The tank tread is easier on the knees than any machine I’ve ever run on. The screen is gorgeous, and the knobs/controls make it super easy to adjust mid workout. On first blush it seemed to be a beast of a physical footprint. But: turned out to be exact same dimensions as our old one. Just seems so much more substantial.
It’s not cheap (for sure). And: good that there’s the lower cost option now for choice. But: 0.0 regrets on the purchase.
The whole fam uses it frequently (wife and 15 and 12 year old daughters); infinitely more than any of my pins or arcades.
Also enjoy the bike. But: more of a runner vs. a cycled.

I’m also looking at this treadmill, thanks for sharing. It does not fold up and is pretty much immovable (unmovable?)correct?

#13 3 years ago

I use the app with a schwinn spin bike. My wife and I love it but couldn't stomach the price of the actual bike + monthly subscription. I couldn't understand why the bike subscription is 40/mo when you can get just a spin bike and use the app for 12/mo. Maybe someone can chime in.

I actually bought the stock because I believe they're going to replace the live spin studios in the next few years.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I’m also looking at this treadmill, thanks for sharing. It does not fold up and is pretty much immovable (unmovable?)correct?

Correct. It does not fold up. Plan where you want it to live by the time of delivery/installation; you’re not going to want to move it once it’s setup.

Also: the screen is fixed; doesn’t rotate for floor exercises like the Bike+. Small annoyance, but thought I’d mention.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-peloton?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.