Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Parallels_DesktopScreenSnapz012.png
    Parallels_DesktopScreenSnapz008.png
    Parallels_DesktopScreenSnapz009.png
    Parallels_DesktopScreenSnapz010.png
    Parallels_DesktopScreenSnapz004.png
    Parallels_DesktopScreenSnapz005.png
    Parallels_DesktopScreenSnapz006.png
    Parallels_DesktopScreenSnapz007.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

IE8 isn't even supported anymore. The only people that "should" be running it these days are those running Windows XP still. And even those people should have abandoned it in favor of Chrome or Firefox by now unless they're on a corporate network that forbids it.

If you are on Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 or above IE11 is available to you. All you have to do is go to Windows Update and download it. They make it easy enough to stay up to date.

Starting next year, MS will only support the most recent version of IE available for OS's still under support. A link to the support matrix is below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/microsoft-internet-explorer

I use IE11 every day at work and have run into zero problems (no Pinside for me there) with it so far. On the business side, the only thing we've encountered is having to run the adp website in compatibility mode to resolve some rendering issues. At home I use IE11, but don't do much web browsing on my gaming rig anymore. I've got a tablet for that.

Robin has said in the past that Pinside is designed to work best with Chrome, but I think it would make sense to keep it fully functional with the most recent version of IE as well. Then again, he knows the statistics regarding what browsers people are using to access the site. Based on the changes he made in the last month or two, I'm sure it is mobile browsers making up the lion's share of hits.

Edge is coming out in about a month's time. It will be interesting to see how that plays out and how it plays with Pinside.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-on-older-versions-of-internet-explorer?tu=jarjarisgod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.