(Topic ID: 120349)

Pinside no longer allows free speech!!!!

By kbliznick

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Zitt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

Criticized a mods decision to edit a post and eject the poster of that post and that itself got me also ejected from the same thread.
    Reason was....

"This post was moderated and edited for Publicly critizing Pinside staff decisions 53 seconds ago. A thread eject was issued.
    It does not matter which Mod made the decision. A decision was made and it needs to be respected. For the record, Robin gave the Mod Team a clear directive. We are following that directive"

WTF. You know who else just followed orders...??

Here was my post in the "Stern, Where's the code thread" (which to be fair they did not edit, they just booted me from the thread)

"This is bullshit. Satire and parody are well known and obvious form of fair use. This is the type of bs that made me not want to "join" pinside in the first place. Only came over here after RGP became a ghost town 2 years ago.
    Which moderator did this? And I thought the Dutch disliked Nazi's.
    To be consistent the same mod needs to remove the images of the other parody logo t-shirts."

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

Criticized a mods decision to edit a post and eject the poster of that post and that itself got me also ejected from the same thread.
    Reason was....
    "This post was moderated and edited for Publicly critizing Pinside staff decisions 53 seconds ago. A thread eject was issued.
    It does not matter which Mod made the decision. A decision was made and it needs to be respected. For the record, Robin gave the Mod Team a clear directive. We are following that directive"
    WTF. You know who else just followed orders...??
    Here was my post in the "Stern, Where's the code thread" (which to be fair they did not edit, they just booted me from the thread)
    "This is bullshit. Satire and parody are well known and obvious form of fair use. This is the type of bs that made me not want to "join" pinside in the first place. Only came over here after RGP became a ghost town 2 years ago.
    Which moderator did this? And I thought the Dutch disliked Nazi's.
    To be consistent the same mod needs to remove the images of the other parody logo t-shirts."

GLWS

#3 9 years ago

It's robin's site, you obey the rules he set down, plain and simple.

#4 9 years ago

You don't really have a right to free speech in a private forum.

#5 9 years ago

First, I'd question whether any moderated site allows "free speech" -- if you're being moderated, you're not free to do and say whatever you want to.

Here's the pertinent selection from the FAQ (the italics are mine):

What do the moderators do?
    The Pinside moderators can change your topic title if it is not clear what your topic is about. They can edit your posts if you, for example, use swear words. They will move your topic if it's in the wrong sub-forum or close topics when things get out of control. Sometimes images or even complete posts may be removed by moderators but they will tell you about it and why if this ever happens.

Please don't publicly question a moderators judgment, action or decision in the forum. Keep the topics clean of this. if you feel a moderator made a bad decision (hard to believe, but beyond their moderator super capabilities they are human beings too) you can:

a) discuss issues with the moderator team in the "moderator feedback" sub-forum, which was recently opened for this purpose. This will allow a closed (private) discussion between you and the moderator team. Only you and the mod team can read topics posted in this sub-forum.

b) forward the violation notification to Pinside Webmaster and explain why you disagree. Only use this option if you have severe issues with the moderator team. Contacting the webmaster is not guaranteed to give you an answer so in most cases option a) is the choice.

#7 9 years ago

In before lock...........Joey

#8 9 years ago

In before the lock that will inevitably come. All you just did was double down on your incorrect behavior. Enjoy the vacation ass hat.

#9 9 years ago

Really? This has to be the worst thread in the history of pinside.
    To the op, lighten up, let it go,play your games,and smile.
    Hug someone you love and enjoy your day.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

In before the lock that will inevitably come. All you just did was double down on your incorrect behavior. Enjoy the vacation ass hat.

Pinside members at thier best...calling other members asshats because of thier opinions. Classy!

#11 9 years ago

yep, leaving for the night. Mods, please delete or lock thread.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Pinside members at thier best...calling other members asshats because of thier opinions. Classy!

Just his freedom of speech, according to the OP.

#13 9 years ago

Pinside rules

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kevgascan:

Just his freedom of speech, according to the OP.

No...not free speech but uninformed douchbagery. Maybe if one looks through the ops posts and see's that he mainly posts here assisting people with tech problems. I personally know the op and he is anything but an asshat. I have no dog in the fight over "free speech" on pinside; but calling other members names for thier opinions is just sad!

#16 9 years ago

French translation please or is this Sold already ?

#18 9 years ago

I would imagine the issue wasn't so much over posting images in the forum, but that the images were being sold on a t-shirt that provoked the problem.

Pinside doesn't owe anyone free speech or fair use, it's a private forum, Robin's rules. I've had an image taken down. I didn't care for it, but I didn't throw a fit or call anyone nazis.

It is what it is, you have to respect that mods are enforcing the rules.

#19 9 years ago

kbliznick, here is a helpful list of subjects you seem to have a poor grasp of:
    - the concept of "fair use"
    - the concept of "free speech"
    - the efficacy of invoking Hitler / Nazism in an internet tussle (aka Godwin's Law)
    - possessive versus plural punctuation
    - good ideas for thread topics...

#20 9 years ago

To be fair... This thread still exists.

#21 9 years ago

WOW, you started a thread to publicly criticise a Moderator decision about being ejected from a thread for publicly criticise a Moderator decision.

There is nearly always other things going on in the back ground that you may not be aware of. None of the moderators eject people without a good reason and consultation with in the Moderator group.

I’m now closing this thread and invite you to start a thread in the Moderator feedback section of Pinside, if you wish to put forward your view.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/moderator-feedback

#22 9 years ago

The mods did the right thing... our members cannot put the community as a whole in jeopardy. I don't we donate enough cash to Pinside to support a legal team.

They have stated that the logo-like part of the items is the source of concern. So; the thread will likely continue as long as the community can not infringe on the logos/graphics of the company in question.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-no-longer-allows-free-speech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.