(Topic ID: 55478)

Pinside needs a reboot (maybe the hobby as well)

By Capper96

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09149.JPG
    3656th.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PDXGeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Capper96:

Where the hell are the posts about "playing pinball"?? Where are the posts where people discuss what songs are best to open up with when playing AC/DC for a high score? Posts about how to nail the GEM shot in TRON? Where is the post to even explain what the hell all those snakes and crosses inserts mean in MET? Favorite mode stacks in TZ?

*rant off*

All of this stuff is on Pinside already, with the exception of the TZ line, I haven't looked at that before. I learned from Pinside how to bounce the GEM shot off the targets, I posted on what all the inserts for MET mean, and AC/DC has more posts than anything and while I am at it, just shoot the ramps.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I never thought that. I would only judge WOZ when it came out, and I did.
    Before X-Men got released, I clearly remember Pinsiders posting that XM will be better than ACDC. Boy, were they wrong!!! In fact, I think you were one of those who drank the X-Men Kool Aid.

Liking a game is subjective, so you cant say someone else is wrong and you are right. All you can do is point out what you like or dislike about a game. Personally, XMen is a much better game to me than ACDC. XMen has a lot more shots with great mode stacking and insane flow. ACDC gets boring once you hit encore a few times. But once again, that's just my opinion on the two games and others, fanatically, will disagree with anyone that points out anything they dislike in ACDC.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

If AC/DC gets boring after hitting encore a few times, how in the heck do you play any of your other games without getting bored out of your mind completely? They're all way easier than AC/DC, with the exception of X-Men. And there's way more stacking in AC/DC than any of the other games you own, so that also doesn't jive with your lineup and your comments.

You are trying to start an argument of opinion, which is as pointless as the response itself. Just because I don't like ACDC doesn't mean I am wrong, it simply means I don't like it. Whether or not you agree with my reasons will not change my experience and satisfaction with the game. I could instead say "How can you like ACDC, its such a dumb game and way to easy, your collection doesn't even reflect anything that you like so you must be an idiot." See how pointless and dumb this is?

#54 10 years ago

I disagree, all games do not get boring. AFM never gets boring, and neither does CV or TZ. I can't currently beat Metallica, and XMEN is still evading me. All those games offer over all more enjoyable game play experiences with a strong emphasis on variety and shot selection. Once again, its my opinion, which you obviously disagree with, so who cares.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PDXGeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-needs-a-reboot-maybe-the-hobby-as-well?tu=PDXGeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.