Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TaylorVA
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gonna_be_sick.jpeg
    the_most_interesting_man.jpg
    twss.jpg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

For example look at the WOZ artwork thread, there are about 65 posts. At RGP, their WOZ artwork thread has only been about 5 posts and about 55 views.
    I have noticed this trend for the last few months.
    Pinside is the new #1.

#2 12 years ago

I think Google groups is still having issues right now though. Has been pretty dead at RGP and majority are still unfortunately still using Google to post : /

#3 12 years ago

Always been the best pinball site!!!!!!!!!!

#4 12 years ago

What if a Woz thread had 1184 posts and 15745 views...now that would be something

Each forum has its place Pinside has grown by leaps and bounds.
    I think Rgp suffers from layout and search issues.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #6 12 years ago

If you want to find out who's best, do it on a pinball machine, not on a bulletin board.

twss.jpgtwss.jpg

#7 12 years ago

The WOZ thread is great, if you agree that the art is good.

Pinside can't touch the wealth of knowledge and history of RGP.

Quoted from DCFAN:

For example look at the WOZ artwork thread, there are about 65 posts. At RGP, their WOZ artwork thread has only been about 5 posts and about 55 views.
    Pinside is the new #1.

#8 12 years ago

I think both sites serve a useful purpose. Of course, I do prefer Pinside.

#9 12 years ago

I don't usually spend much time on pinball forums, but when I do I do Pinside.

the_most_interesting_man.jpgthe_most_interesting_man.jpg

#10 12 years ago

I prefer Chevy trucks. All others are inferior.

Oh sorry, wrong post argument

#11 12 years ago

I knew this day would come.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

What if a Woz thread had 1184 posts and 15745 views...now that would be something
    Each forum has its place Pinside has grown by leaps and bounds.
    I think Rgp suffers from layout and search issues.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

#14 12 years ago

WORD!

#15 12 years ago

Doesn't really matter who is #1 or #2
    What does matter is the core of the group
    would you hang out with them at a gathering & have a good time or get insulted and have a lousy time ?

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

What does matter is the core of the group
    would you hang out with them at a gathering & have a good time or get insulted and have a lousy time ? []

Well said

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I prefer Chevy trucks. All others are inferior.

ME TOO!

#18 12 years ago

Great site but cannot compare the two.

Keep up the great work moderators.

#19 12 years ago

I use both sites. Too much fighting over stupid sh*t in the pinball world. Seriously, who cares?

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Pinside is the new #1.

This type of post makes pinside look extremely bad and amateurish. Pinside already has the reputation for being the hangout of clueless newbies, and "look how much the other guys suck! They're only doing sixteen thousand posts per month!" posts make pinside look even worse. (Plus one seems to come around once a week. Really, WE GET IT, we're already here!)

There is an old adage in the advertising industry that's as true today as it was when it was made: Tell people what's better about yourself and they'll figure out what's worse about the other guy. Violate that and you wind up making yourself look bad and pushing people away.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from KindOfRadNow:

This type of post makes pinside look extremely bad and amateurish. Pinside already has the reputation for being the hangout of clueless newbies, and "look how much the other guys suck!

They also have the reputation for driving up prices for games by paying stupid money for games.

#22 12 years ago

All I was trying to convey is that the threads are very active here and that it is like watching grass grow over on rgp .

#23 12 years ago

There is always the old adage of quality over quantity.....RGP is steeped in history and is a wealth of knowledge. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Pinside and Pinsiders, and find people here much more pleasant and agreeable. If I wanted to see red legs on a BSD, this is where I'd go. If I wanted to know why my machine is blowing up, I'd go to RGP.

Again, not knocking anyone....I like both forums for different reasons.

#24 12 years ago

The seld egrandation around here by newer guys is sometimes annoying.

But the RGP shoestring budget, carmudgeonly bullshit (see Stavs: above) is far worse.

#25 12 years ago

I am anything but a curmudgeon.

#27 12 years ago

We are all entitled to our opinions which is what makes this country great.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Not many pinside threads interest me. Same noob questions week after week. Same lame polls along with price checks and what kind of wax should I use. Yawn.

You must be kidding? You enjoy the daily Frank Further troll fests? And let's see, here's the top current threads on RGP:

"Anyone use Novus 1"
    "Naptha"
    "Tron Pro or BDK"
    "PLayfield artwork for WOZ"
    "What song is stuck in your head"
    "awesome TOM playfield MOD - yet another tiring thread on Gameroom guy and his models"

So, repetitive posts abound on both forums....And not many RGP posts (where I cut my teeth for 10 years) interest me anymore. I do still peruse RGP on occasion as RGP tends to have more insider info, but the white noise has gotten much worse in the past couple of years.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Then why bother posting here? Jesus, there is an unsavory delegation in this hobby.

I dont think I was off on my comments. I enjoy both sites, as well as others. There are certainly a lot of great interesting posts here, as well as many great people. Overall, this is a fantastic site, and is extremely well done. It combines the best of RGP and IPDB in a nice easy to use package in my opinion. The level of interactivity that this site offers is probably the best in the hobby. You post a pic, video, or a comment, and bam, its up there for everyone to see.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Dr_Gonzo said:Not many pinside threads interest me. Same noob questions week after week. Same lame polls along with price checks and what kind of wax should I use. Yawn.
    You must be kidding? You enjoy the daily Frank Further troll fests? And let's see, here's the top current threads on RGP:
    "Anyone use Novus 1"
    "Naptha"
    "Tron Pro or BDK"
    "awesome TOM playfield MOD - yet another tiring thread on Gameroom guy and his models"
    So, repetitive posts abound on both forums....And not many RGP posts (where I cut my teeth for 10 years) interest me anymore.

Exactly! That is why different forums exist! There is always something of interest between here, RGp and the Bash. Something for everyone!

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Then why bother posting here? Jesus, there is an unsavory delegation in this hobby.

Every hobby has it's share of over entitled cranky old jerks. I proudly took my 69 charger to a car show and was promptly flamed by a crowd of old bastards for painting it plum crazy purple, a '70 color, not a "proper" '69 color. It was not very welcoming.

Overall, pinball has been the friendliest hobby by far. Most people are just happy to help you if you're restoring a game or something. Threads like this are the uneccessary exception.

I use both sites. This one is more like the Facebook of pinball. I look at it daily for idle conversation. Rgp is more for when I need to diversify my tech help pool.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from Stavs:

robertmee said:Dr_Gonzo said:Not many pinside threads interest me. Same noob questions week after week. Same lame polls along with price checks and what kind of wax should I use. Yawn.
    "Anyone use Novus 1"
    "Naptha"
    "Tron Pro or BDK"
    So, repetitive posts abound on both forums....And not many RGP posts (where I cut my teeth for 10 years) interest me anymore.
    Exactly! That is why different forums exist! There is always something of interest between here, RGp and the Bash. Something for everyone!

Hey, Stavs...good to see ya. I have to get back to the bash one of these days

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Stavs said:robertmee said:Dr_Gonzo said:Not many pinside threads interest me. Same noob questions week after week. Same lame polls along with price checks and what kind of wax should I use. Yawn.
    "Anyone use Novus 1"
    "Naptha"
    "Tron Pro or BDK"
    Hey, Stavs...good to see ya. I have to get back to the bash one of these days

Always a spot for ya!

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

It's just the RGP attitude.

RGP attitude? The reason I posted in this thread is because although I haven't been here long, I've already seen several jabs thrown at RGP. Not outright bashing (thanks to moderation), but negative stuff about RGP all the same. Ironically, over on unmoderated RGP, there has been very little bashing of Pinside. So who has the attitude?

#38 12 years ago

That's a non sequitur. One has nothing to do with the other. Can't follow the logic, so can't answer the question.

#40 12 years ago

The pinside vs. RGP thing has been an ongoing thing here. It is a pointless comparison because the there are a lot of crossover members.

Quoted from Stavs:

I am anything but a curmudgeon.

I wouldn't worry about the curmudgeon tag, I too got this criticism recently. My post are more reactionary now as so much stuff is just a rehash, here, RGP, and the bash.

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I don't usually spend much time on pinball forums, but when I do I do Pinside.

Well played sir!

Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Not many pinside threads interest me. Same noob questions week after week. Same lame polls along with price checks and what kind of wax should I use. Yawn.

Everyone is new to the hobby at one point or another. There is no harm in helping those new to the hobby out. It only encourages more people to have the confidence to buy and maintain pins. That is actually what I really appreciate about Pinside. To each their own I guess.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Everyone is new to the hobby at one point or another. There is no harm in helping those new to the hobby out. It only encourages more people to have the confidence to buy and maintain pins. That is actually what I really appreciate about Pinside.

Me TOO!!

I feel like Pinside is helping to build the pinball community more than any other site!

#43 12 years ago

Pinside is The " 1 & Only " If you Need it , " It's Here " ,, Wanna Sell it , This is the Place !!!

#44 12 years ago

Its more rounded I'd say. There's so much help on all the forums, but less bitching here.

#45 12 years ago

though I've been to this site before, I've only just joined. So far, seems like a lot less bad karma and shenanigans over here. Probably more tech stuff over there (RGP). All in all, Pinside seems like a 'happier' place with less insulting and people getting in each other's grill for the most trivial stuff. But I still check RGP all the time too.

And the The Dude Abides gets my vote for best handle/avatar..... live and let live, man.

#46 12 years ago

I'm gonna have spaghetti for dinner today.

#47 12 years ago

i have lurked on rgp from time to time. i post on klov from time to time. for pinball i vote pinside as the #1 place on the web. great people,very little childish b.s. and just a fun place to hang.

#49 12 years ago

Meh, each site has the good and bad, but with different methods of regulation.

RGP is self-regulating; schoolyard mentality ... don't like a topic, don't read it. Don't like some troll; ignore them. There are bullies, but far more nice guys in the bunch if you open your eyes. And they've been in the playground far longer. They may be quiet at times, but when you're in need don't be surprised when they reach out to you.

Pinside has a mentality more along the lines of dolphin-safe tuna fish eating, tree-hugging, and perhaps with a dash of sexy teacher, brandishing a long stick and poised to whack it across your knuckles if you misbehave. Then she'll post a score on how hard she hit you.

I appreciate both crowds, and both forms of regulation.

Compare if you want, but don't call one superior.

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

phishrace said:Why is okay for you and others to talk shit about RGP here and not okay for others to talk shit about Pinside here to your face? Seems like the Pinsiders are the ones with the attitude problem.

The attitude problems you are comparing are apples and oranges. I don't like the overall attitude and uppity meaness of RGP. Never have. You don't like that I don't like RGP and express it. Fine. But I still help when I can, and realize that new people to our hobby are a tremendous benefit and should be helped when they have a question. I also have no problem with a free market and general economic principles driving everything from cat food prices to pinball machines. That is just the kind of silly helpfulness and logical thinking that gets you dog piled at RGP.

If you don't like RGP why do you go there?

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-must-be-deemed-the-1-pinball-site and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.