2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dmarston
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What do you think?”

• Great idea! 4 votes
      50%
    • Hells to the no 4 votes
      50%

(8 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Big fan of Pinside here (obviously). I think it would be neat to create, "See my game on pinside.com, member name: Sataneatscheese" cards with a big pinside logo on them to place on our machines at pinball shows. I don't know if these would be apron cards, fold in half and place on backbox, or 1/4 size sheets of paper that you would tape to the backbox. Maybe they would have our avatars on there too?

I'm thinking these would accomplish a few things.

1. Give exposure to pinside to a large group of pinball nerds that may or may not be aware of the site.

2. Give people the ability to look at your collection, reputation, and want list, possibly leading to better offers at the shows.

3. Help people put a face to a name so they know to avoid me at the show.

Pinfest is coming up...

#2 2 years ago

If you go to your profile page here, pinside has a feature that’ll automatically generate a little pinside “badge” for you! Check it out. You could always print it and slap in on a lanyard to wear or put it on your game.

#3 2 years ago

Many years ago the RGP people, myself included, used to wear RGP lanyards to identify ourselves at the Pinball Wizards Convention. Now Pinfest.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

3. Help people put a face to a name so they know to avoid me at the show.

Thanks for the warning!

#5 2 years ago

At Pintastic New England, the game card is large enough that you can put both your civilian name and "Known on Pinside as sataneatscheese" on the card if you wish. You can do it on your badge (the elite game-bringer badge) if you write compactly.

One year, ForceFlow tried to have a pinside meetup at Pintastic, but nobody showed. Keyboard commandos? Too much better stuff to do?
    .................David Marston

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-member-card-for-pinball-shows and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.