(Topic ID: 44136)

Pinside meet & greet at MGC

By ThePostmaster

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I was thinking, with all the Pinsiders going to MGC, maybe we could set up a time for a get together, to put a face to the avatar so to speek. Anybody interested? I plan on being there from Friday evening thru Sunday. I'd love to get together, have some beverages, shoot the shit, and make some friends.

Bill Peterson aka ThePostmaster

#2 11 years ago

I'm kind of shy..........

#3 11 years ago

My group would be down. Love to talk pinball and meet others in the hobby.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I'm kind of shy..........

You weren't at the Pinvataional!

#5 11 years ago

I'll be there most of the day saturday.. I'm starting to meet a lot of people on here, but I'm always surprised by new faces

#6 11 years ago

I'll be there friday night setting up , saturday night a few hours before the after party and staying for the after party and sunday part af the day and load up .
    Cheers
    Doug Manley ,AKA Trilogybeer , AKA idiot

#7 11 years ago

I will be there friday night at the bar. Then the rest of the time getting alot of pin time in.

#8 11 years ago

you all know where to find me, (playing with dorthy LOL)
    Pincades
    JT

#9 11 years ago

Viralrose, my daughter and I will be there saturday mid day, hope to meet a lot of you.

#10 11 years ago

I will be the guy wearing a Phish shirt

Actually >> I will be there for the majority of the time and am happy to meet up with more pinsiders!

#11 11 years ago

I'll be one of the guys running around trying to help get everything set up and running smooth. I'm the short one without alot of hair.

Assuming I have a semi-official badge, it will say Chris Matte. Say hi!

#12 11 years ago

Chris will likely be on his knees for a good amount of the time

leveling games that is...

#13 11 years ago

I'll be there Friday during the day a little bit and Saturday most of the day and for the after party, and will be wearing some kind of Spam shirt.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'll be one of the guys running around trying to help get everything set up and running smooth. I'm the short one without alot of hair.

Me TOO! Well, except for the short, hair, and name on the badge part anyway...

Jaz

#15 11 years ago

Good idea. Did the Pinside lanyard idea ever come to fruition?

Edit: On Saturday, I could go with my Yamaha factory racing shirt... should be easy to spot.

#16 11 years ago

I'll be the guy wearing the black H-D 110th anniversary cap. Looking forward to seeing all the guys from past shows and putting some faces to new names.

Scott.

#17 11 years ago

Perhaps a late afternoon meet up on Saturday. MGC has a bar!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

That's kind of what I was thinking.

#19 11 years ago

I'll be attending as well. Cetainly up for an adult libation Saturday afternoon.

Roger

#20 11 years ago

I'm in. Will try to remember to wear my Pinvitational shirt that sports a Gorilla holding the Pinside icon.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Reminder: We have a bar! But, it's RIGHT in the middle of our speaking area.

My suggestion is if you are going to stay on property, either doing like a sit down meal type thing, or picking specific spot. I would think the hallway near FarSight Studios would be a great place to meet. I think they'll be rather busy, but up the hall just a bit is a landing that has doors leading outside, and that would be a relatively free area. The floor is slanty around there, so we haven't (yet) figured out how to put stuff there.

#22 11 years ago

Will be there friday afternoon thru sunday

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

You always are volunteering Chris - you da man!

#24 11 years ago

I will be there all weekend. Would love to meet more of you face-to-face..

#25 11 years ago

I'll be unofficially representing the Detroit Pinball League ( with the prerequisite black DPL tshirt) will be there all day Saturday and Saturday night for the after party. Don

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

You always are volunteering Chris - you da man!

I do it for the groupies and wads of cash.

Seriously though, thanks. I don't do much, but do what I can. Lots of other guys will be busting butt all weekend too. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

#27 11 years ago

I think the after party Sat night. If you don't belong to Pinside, get the #@*% out!!! LOL

#28 11 years ago

I will be there all weekend. Probably a Devo shirt on Saturday.

#29 11 years ago

maybe we should have name tags? I'm not hard to find. Usually the one talking and loud.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Reminder: We have a bar! But, it's RIGHT in the middle of our speaking area.

I was looking over the schedule for a good time and saw that there are only 10 minute gaps in between speakers so I ruled the bar out in my mind, I just didn't have a chance to get here to mention it. Is the set up kind of the same this year? The area past the tourney floor just before the long hallway leading to the hotel elevators (where Congo, Mata Hari and, further down the hall, Galaxy was) was a large kinda vacant space last year. Regardless, there will be some many Pinsiders & RGPers there that it'll be hard to miss anyone.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Probably a Devo shirt on Saturday.

Hello. This is Devo. We would like to say, things go both ways.

I'll be there.. not sure what I'll be wearing. Maybe my pinside avatar tshirt.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Hello. This is Devo. We would like to say, things go both ways.
    I'll be there.. not sure what I'll be wearing. Maybe my pinside Avatar tshirt.

Are we not men?

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe we should have name tags?

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Probably a Devo shirt on Saturday.

Everyone knows Whip It... but these songs rocks too:

And Soundgarden's heavy version... sweeeet.

#35 11 years ago

Reading this reminds me of my 14 year old daughters morning text conversations "I'm wearing jeans and a sweater today what are you wearing". Anyway I hope to be there on Sat I'll be wearing what ever is clean.

#36 11 years ago

I'll be there. Not sure what I'm wearing, but odds are good I'll have a beer in my hand.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'll be there. Not sure what I'm wearing, but odds are good I'll have a beer in my hand.

That's a safe bet...

#38 11 years ago

I will be in the main vendor hall selling console games and possibly playing in the pin tourney's. I will likely have a MGC or RGP or PAPA name lanyard on with my handle.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe we should have name tags? I'm not hard to find. Usually the one talking and loud.

Are we twins?

#40 11 years ago

I think we should get a group of us together, and go mess with the video game peeps!

#41 11 years ago

I'll be there the whole weekend (Friday through Sunday). If all goes as planned, I will have a name badge that says Aaron Katz. I will also be the one pulling the afterparty together to make sure food and drink...and the ballots of course...get lined up. If you're at the afterparty, because you've brought a game, I will likely shove a piece of paper in your face and say...Vote!

#42 11 years ago

I'll be there Friday through Sunday. I'd tell you to watch for the pale bald guy, but that may not narrow it down much.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

I'll be there the whole weekend (Friday through Sunday). If all goes as planned, I will have a name badge that says Aaron Katz. I will also be the one pulling the afterparty together to make sure food and drink...and the ballots of course...get lined up. If you're at the afterparty, because you've brought a game, I will likely shove a piece of paper in your face and say...Vote!

What's the voting for? I am a newb at bringing a game.

#44 11 years ago

The voting is for you to pick 'best' for a few categories if I remember correctly.

Be sure to come see my FT before you vote wink wink nudge nudge

watch the damn thing break down on the first ball of the whole event meow...

#45 11 years ago

I'll be there all weekend helping with set-up and bouncing around the place like a human Pinball! With any luck, I'll actually get to play a few games!

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

What's the voting for? I am a newb at bringing a game.

Whysnow hit it right. MGC holds a contest for "Best in Show" under certain categories...DMD game, Custom, EM, and so forth. A nice little thing they do.

#47 11 years ago

I have a special handshake for people on Pinside. The only thing is I haven't taught it to anyone.

I'll be there Friday-Sunday, probably looking for Tullster, helping with scores, playing, drinking, playing, drinking. I may be in a High Life Shirt or a Waun-a-bowl shirt (place where we put on Waun-a-Pinball Tourney)

tmac

Todd

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

i done told you that i am going to steal every beer i can from you!!!!!!

#49 11 years ago

My vote for best rent-a-cop goes to Goonie.

#50 11 years ago

I'll be the one walking around with the cute, short haired blonde.
    (aka- my hottie wife who thankfully supports my pinball habit.)

Can't wait to meet all you guys in person.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-meet-greet-at-mgc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.